Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 08:37 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,417 times

Advertisements

I've always go with the classic "dinner and a movie", sometimes just a movie.

But for a first date what will be the best option.

A dinner only?

A movie only?

A walk in the park?

A museum?

The good thing with a movie, is the fact that you don't need to talk much, you talk before and afterwards you talk about the movie.

With a dinner is more straightforward there may be some awkward silences, but in the paper is the best option.

So..what do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2014, 08:41 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,475 times
Generally, something cheap since you're just meeting for the first time and you may never meet again.

Coffee, ice cream, a couple drinks, a walk in the park, free museum days. These are things I'd suggest.

Old 10-24-2014, 08:42 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
No to movie, as you can't talk.

No to dinner for a first date unless you know them.

Just go grab a cocktail and talk. Simple and the best way to get to know someone.

Old 10-24-2014, 08:46 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
If you met this person on line and this is your first blind date, go for short date. A drink in public place, you can always take off after five minutes to 20 minutes tops.

If this is somebody you know and care about, and this is your first official date, then be creative.

I love water sports, I like the beach, I LOVE museum, my favorite spot is LA museum of ART and I can spend the whole year there without feeling bored. I love to shoot and I love fashion. My most memorable first date includes water ski, swimming (competition swimming), shooting range, and of course museum. My ex took me to his office for our first date. He introduced me to his coworkers and I get to see the office of a senior software engineer who worked for Yahoo! at the time! I really really enjoyed all my first dates.

Old 10-24-2014, 08:50 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,726 times
For a first date preferably coffee or cocktail. That way you can actually get to know each other and it's not really that expensive. The museum suggestion isn't bad actually. One I went out with recently suggested meeting at a Smithsonian museum and that worked out well. Public place and you can walk around and talk. Movie? I guess you can talk about it after, but I prefer doing this on a later date.

Old 10-24-2014, 08:51 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
If you met this person on line and this is your first blind date, go for short date. A drink in public place, you can always take off after five minutes to 20 minutes tops.

If this is somebody you know and care about, and this is your first official date, then be creative.

I love water sports, I like the beach, I LOVE museum, my favorite spot is LA museum of ART and I can spend the whole year there without feeling bored. I love to shoot and I love fashion. My most memorable first date includes water ski, swimming (competition swimming), shooting range, and of course museum. My ex took me to his office for our first date. He introduced me to his coworkers and I get to see the office of a senior software engineer who worked for Yahoo! at the time! I really really enjoyed all my first dates.
This sounds good. Something small for a first meeting, get some conversation going. If there's chemistry and no struggling to communicate, then go for a longer date. Plus, this way eliminates the controversy of "who pays?"

Old 10-24-2014, 08:57 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
What do you mean, "the good thing about a movie is you don't have to talk"? Don't you want to talk to your date and get to know her? Isn't that the purpose of a first date? Why would you want to avoid talking to your date, or only talking about the movie?

Museum
Park, followed by lunch or snack/coffee
Beach
Art galleries
Roller skating
Biking
Exploratorium
outdoor concert or art fair

Old 10-24-2014, 09:03 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,598 times
I think walk in a park would be the best may be an ice cream not that expensive. Choose something simple with no much of money spend.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:09 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
A movie only.

Meet her inside so you don't have to pay for her ticket.
If she is a keeper, she already got popcorn.
Sharing her coke creates intimacy.
Pick a scary movie so she gets closer to you.
In between scary scenes, scream at her to scare her, so she sees you have a healthy sense of humor.
If she doesn't like that you grab her boobs, you can pretend you just wanted to reach for her popcorn.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:25 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
A comedy club has always been a good first date idea for me. This time of year, haunted houses can be good also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships