Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 12:54 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Don't take guff from anyone. Be polite but firm. Don't argue with idiots, walk away.
The OP wouldn't have come in for a barrage of comments if she hadn't posted her views on a social media website in the first place. It's not anyone else's business but she encouraged people to comment by talking about something which simply wasn't either necessary or relevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 12:56 PM

295 posts, read 307,254 times
I think people who are posting pictures of their little children on facebook have serious mental issues. I would consider them quite dumb and assume they have low self-esteem. Kids can't agree having their pictures made public!

Any why should any normal adult even post pictures of their children? Are they proud or what? What for? Their children are not their possession, they are human beings.

OP, you are right to block those people.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:59 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
I don't have children. I probably never will. But if I had them, you could be damn sure I'd be proud of them and share pictures of them with friends and family. They'd be my offspring and the most important loved ones in the world to me.

Seems totally natural.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:01 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
TLDR ver:

I should be able to say what I when want without reproductions for how I say them or who I say them to becuase they are my words and they don't affect others unless I want them too

how dare someone give me their opinions when I put my own out on blast just becuase feel like I have something to say doesn't mean others need to say anything back to me.

Everyone is so rude to me becuase I have opinions and are not afraid to share them
Total hypocrites and idiots is all this world is

blah blah blah

Old 10-29-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I don't have children. I probably never will. But if I had them, you could be damn sure I'd be proud of them and share pictures of them with friends and family. They'd be my offspring and the most important loved ones in the world to me.

Seems totally natural.
Yeah, with friends and family you may share some pictures. But not on fb! Sorry, but I have little to no understanding for that kind of behaviour...

Old 10-29-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPox View Post
Yeah, with friends and family you may share some pictures. But not on fb! Sorry, but I have little to no understanding for that kind of behaviour...

Who do you think I'm connected to on facebook other than friends and family???!!! Why would I be connected to anyone else?

Old 10-29-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Who do you think I'm connected to on facebook other than friends and family???!!! Why would I be connected to anyone else?
When there are just close friends on your fb list, you can also meet them in person. Under Facebook’s current terms (which can change at anytime), by posting your pictures and videos, you grant Facebook
“a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any content that you post on or in connection with Facebook."

To make sure that you understand: Everything you post on fb, so the pics of your children, are basically shared with the world.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:12 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
Should just keep your children inside away from the public eye and never bother connecting with other human beings really

All these baby snatchers trying to take my royalty free small human away from me on some form

What a frightening world.

Facebook is for meme pictures and thoughtless rambles, nothing more

Old 10-29-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
When there are just close friends on your fb list, you can also meet them in person. Under Facebook’s current terms (which can change at anytime), by posting your pictures and videos, you grant Facebook
“a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any content that you post on or in connection with Facebook."

To make sure that you understand: Everything you post on fb, so the pics of your children, are basically shared with the world.

Uh, so? My friends are all around the globe. FB is a way we keep in touch. Great, so FB can use a pic I post for something. Whoopy do.

I don't post anything I mean to keep private anywhere on the web. I don't even email it. So that's a non issue.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:13 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Good grief Sherlock. What do you think FB is about.

I check my FB to see what's going on with friends and family and their kids because I don't get to see them in person often. I enjoy seeing pictures of their kids, or dogs and cats if they don't have kids but if I have to look at one more fricken SELFIE taken by some teenager, Im going to barf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships