Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 04:33 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,684,887 times

Advertisements

Sometimes things come up and people make different plans. Give it another day and then text him. See what kind of response you'll get, or if you are ignored. Reminds me of an article I read a few days ago about "Ghosting", where people you see for dates suddenly without explanation disappear and never keep contact with you again.

Made worse by online dating and apps like Tinder. Very common among people under 35.

You could have seen a ghost. One example was a 23 year old guy was going strong with this girl and actually met her parents. Then dropped her off and nothing.

Ghosting, a real threat facing young people in the 21st century dating landmine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2014, 04:41 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,755,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Ghosting, a real threat facing young people in the 21st century dating landmine.
It's not a new thing! We just didn't have a name/meme for it a decade or more ago. It was just, "He stopped calling." "She's never home when I call."

The only difference today is that people seem to want to put a diagnostic label on everything and make little social irritations into Big Life Altering Things.

Old 11-03-2014, 04:48 PM

104 posts, read 141,976 times
OP,

Some of the guys on here are too intense and like to guilt trip women into not having sex with a guy and/or label you a "tease" if you don't do so within the first 3 dates. Don't listen to them. Some guys are *******s and are out there to use you for sex. The good thing about not sleeping about them right away is that they weed themselves out and save you from any further heartache. I think it's awesome you're a virgin. Don't succumb to peer pressure...I'm not sure what your reason is for waiting, but don't give up your principles for some guy who is only interested in one thing. Trust me the right guy will wait and won't pressure you. You will know when it's right because you won't need to ask anyone else.

Btw...I think this guy will eventually call you back but it's probably lukewarm about you.

Old 11-03-2014, 04:56 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,412,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic1 View Post
OP,

Some of the guys on here are too intense and like to guilt trip women into not having sex with a guy and/or label you a "tease" if you don't do so within the first 3 dates. Don't listen to them. Some guys are *******s and are out there to use you for sex. The good thing about not sleeping about them right away is that they weed themselves out and save you from any further heartache. I think it's awesome you're a virgin. Don't succumb to peer pressure...I'm not sure what your reason is for waiting, but don't give up your principles for some guy who is only interested in one thing. Trust me the right guy will wait and won't pressure you. You will know when it's right because you won't need to ask anyone else.

Btw...I think this guy will eventually call you back but it's probably lukewarm about you.
I completely agree with this. The OP should be true to herself and absolutely no one else

Old 11-03-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
OP,

So think it's OK for her to lie about being virgin, invite guys to spend the night in her bed to make out, and then let them know that she has no intention of doing anything else? And if you push for anything you are a lowlife creep? Forget about the guy's feelings, she is entitled to her virginal cuddle! All night!

OK. What if that guy was you?

Old 11-03-2014, 05:00 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,412,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
So think it's OK for her to lie about being virgin, invite guys to spend the night in her bed to make out, and then let them know that she has no intention of doing anything else? And if you push for anything you are a lowlife creep?

No means no bub. Regardless of when its said.

She shouldn't lie about being a virgin, but non disclosure isn't a lie.

Have you never slept with a woman and kept your clothes on?

Old 11-03-2014, 05:15 PM

104 posts, read 141,976 times
Quote:
So think it's OK for her to lie about being virgin, invite guys to spend the night in her bed to make out, and then let them know that she has no intention of doing anything else? And if you push for anything you are a lowlife creep? Forget about the guy's feelings, she is entitled to her virginal cuddle! All night!

Yes. BTW I don't see where she lied about being a virgin. She doesn't have to tell every guy right away that she's a virgin, especially if she has only known him for 48 hours, that's personal. How about men stop assuming they will be getting sex to begin with? I see nothing wrong with making out...if she doesn't want to go any further she doesn't have to. She doesn't owe it to any guy to have sex with him just because he's worked up. When she wants to stop she can stop. It cracks me up that guys expect making out to automatically lead to sex. How about just keeping your hormones in check, you're not wild animals fellas.

Old 11-03-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Yes. BTW I don't see where she lied about being a virgin. She doesn't have to tell every guy right away that she's a virgin, especially if she has only known him for 48 hours, that's personal. How about men stop assuming they will be getting sex to begin with? I see nothing wrong with making out...if she doesn't want to go any further she doesn't have to. She doesn't owe it to any guy to have sex with him just because he's worked up. When she wants to stop she can stop. It cracks me up that guys expect making out to automatically lead to sex. How about just keeping your hormones in check, you're not wild animals fellas.
I guess you are not familiar with her other threads, or read this one all the way through.

No one is saying that she has to have sex if she is making out. We have been telling her it is unwise to invite strangers into her bed, lie about her virginity and then deny them the sex they were hoping for/expecting.

Old 11-03-2014, 05:34 PM

55 posts, read 78,880 times
Quote:
OP,

I'm waiting because a lot of guys are "lukewarm" about me or are only interested in one thing (and make it clear). I'm basically looking for something more before I have sex. Thanks for the support!

Old 11-03-2014, 05:35 PM

55 posts, read 78,880 times
Quote:

When I first meet a guy I do not think I need to share that personal information with him. I'm not lying by not bringing it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships