Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 09:48 PM

55 posts, read 79,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
So are a million other students, not really that impressive and you completely missed the point of my post.
I have several pieces of paper that say I went to classes, turned in all the required work and got good grades, what exactly is your point in writing the above statement?

I'm also own my own business in a traditionally male dominated profession that has nothing to do with any of the pieces of paper I have tucked away in my bookcase that says I'm smart.

Just because someone 'looks' like they are a good person or they don't push you into something immediately does not mean they actually are a good person who won't rape you the next time you tease them with making out and then tell them no.

Do you understand any of this? Do you understand why it is dangerous to do what you are doing?
Do you understand that being a virgin has absolutely nothing to do with any of this situation?

It is the making out with someone you just met AND inviting them to sleep in your bed even though you just met them a couple days earlier.
I see your point. I know I need to be more careful it's something I really need to work on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2014, 09:59 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,297,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randabanana View Post
I see your point. I know I need to be more careful it's something I really need to work on.
Loneliness and/or curiosity will make you do some dumb things.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:00 PM

55 posts, read 79,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Loneliness and/or curiosity will make you do some dumb things.
We all just wanna feel loved ya know

Old 11-03-2014, 10:11 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,297,488 times
Quote:
Letting a man that you barely know sleep in your bed is not going to lead to love. Sooner or later, it could lead to you being raped. I don't want that to happen to any woman, but when you put yourself in a situation like that enough times, sooner or later you will get unflattering results. Just like the person who drinks and drives. Sooner or later their luck is going to run out and they're going to get arrested.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:30 PM

596 posts, read 629,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I guess. I just don't know why she doesn't want to get it on, but that is her choice. One of the nice things about being out of my 20s is there is far fewer games played. We are attracted to each other and like making out? We have sex. Simple. No judgements (though I don't recall that in my 20s either), no big deal, just some (hopefully) fun times.
You answered your own question...there's far too many games to be played and little people to trust when you're in your 20s, everyone is virtually out for self.

Old 11-04-2014, 02:40 AM

8,924 posts, read 7,750,034 times
Op, you really just need to chill out with the guys, back off for a while.

You aren't really using good judgement at all. Making out with men you barely know is not a good way to try to start a relationship and it could be potentially dangerous. Using your body as weapon and trying to keep guys interested with sex isn't wise. Sure in some cases it could lead to something, in most cases it doesn't. At least not with most folks I know.

You need to exercise common sense with these guys, and stop being so boy crazy. You're in young (only 20) and still in school, that should be your main priority. Not playing around with guys. That is just how I feel. Keep in mind most folks our age are not looking for anything serious. If you happen to meet a guy, and you enjoy each other's company then great. If not, don't feel bad. Don't be in such a rush.

Don't let the possibilty or potential cloud your better judgement.

Last edited by Auraliea; 11-04-2014 at 02:55 AM..

Old 11-04-2014, 02:51 AM

23,306 posts, read 29,172,225 times
I had texting blocked on my phone 4 years ago, perhaps it's blocked!

Old 11-04-2014, 07:35 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,470,313 times
Quote:
You have to love yourself, first.

Old 11-04-2014, 07:39 AM

1,506 posts, read 1,815,208 times
Quote:

No one here is judging you. We all just want you to be safe. College is fun. Enjoy the experience in a safe way. Take some time off from having men in your home. We do all want to be loved, but we have to set bounddaries for finding the right person. It takes time, without cuddling or sex, to get to know a person.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:40 AM

545 posts, read 634,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
So are a million other students, not really that impressive and you completely missed the point of my post.
I have several pieces of paper that say I went to classes, turned in all the required work and got good grades, what exactly is your point in writing the above statement?
It is impressive, this is stupid to say. And I hope her new friend works out.

All this rape scare is f'd up. Are you saying she's going to get beat up and done with a gun to her head? I think she's smart enough to gauge if the guy she is making out with could do this and otherwise not party with high school drop outs in a dive bar in po dunk USA.

If she is partying with the losers maybe she should go find some nerd parties to go to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships