Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 12:33 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,894,901 times

Advertisements

Who's the boss in your relationships?

Is it a partnership?

Is it a board of directors with certain people having veto power?

I only ask this because as women and men there were once traditional roles that have changed. Are your thoughts and desires important to your partner?

What type of relationship do you desire? Why?

Have you had relationships with people that feel that you have entered the land of a dictator rather than someone who values and loves you?

Are you a woman that bosses your partner and your children?

A man's ego is fragile. Do you take caution in how you confront your mate regarding decisions and situations involving your relationships? Do you control and manipulate with kindness?

A woman needs to be cared for and valued in a relationship? Do you feel that your mate dictates your life and if so how do you feel about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2014, 12:36 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,943,649 times
We're both the boss of our own lives, neither is the boss of the relationship. That is true with every relationship I have, platonic or romantic. I can't imagine it being any other way. I wouldn't have any respect for any woman that let me boss her around or decide for "us" unilaterally.

Old 12-16-2014, 12:36 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,727,010 times
"Boss" has no use in a functioning romantic relationship.

Old 12-16-2014, 12:42 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,736,042 times
Who's the boss in your relationships? Neither and both, we take charge depending on our strengths and abilities.

Is it a partnership? Yes it is

Is it a board of directors with certain people having veto power? I don't see how there can be a BoD when there's only two people in the marriage

I only ask this because as women and men there were once traditional roles that have changed. Are your thoughts and desires important to your partner? Um, of course

What type of relationship do you desire? Why? I desire a partnership, which is what we have because I believe that is the only way a relationship should be.

Have you had relationships with people that feel that you have entered the land of a dictator rather than someone who values and loves you? No

Are you a woman that bosses your partner and your children? No

A man's ego is fragile. Do you take caution in how you confront your mate regarding decisions and situations involving your relationships? Do you control and manipulate with kindness? I don't believe manipulation has a place in a trust relationship. Both men and woman have fragile egos.

A woman needs to be cared for and valued in a relationship? Do you feel that your mate dictates your life and if so how do you feel about that? Both men and woman need to be cared for and valued. And no, neither of us are dictators.

Old 12-16-2014, 12:43 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,281,907 times
I realize this question is directed towards females, but whatever:

Me in my business because I own it; no one in any personal relationship.

Is it a partnership?
Hopefully it's a partnership, because I don't see it working otherwise.

When kids were involved, the wife & I were the BOD, and the kids had B non voting stock.

I only ask this because as women and men there were once traditional roles that have changed. Are your thoughts and desires important to your partner?
Yes, and they should be.

A good one where both are equally strong and able to pick up the other when they are down. Why? Because it sucks when it isn't working that way.

Have you had relationships with people that feel that you have entered the land of a dictator rather than someone who values and loves you?
Nope - never would let that happen. The few times I felt it happening at work, I left.

I'm a man who bosses no one, not even my employees - I work with them.

A man's ego is fragile. Do you take caution in how you confront your mate regarding decisions and situations involving your relationships? Do you control and manipulate with kindness?
Fragility works both ways. I go into any confrontation attempting to be kind, and not letting my emotions get the better of me. Many years ago, I flew off the handle more, but have since realized it was stupid to do so.

A woman needs to be cared for and valued in a relationship? Do you feel that your mate dictates your life and if so how do you feel about that?
Both genders need to be cared for and valued. Again, I would never be in a relationship that was a dictatorship.

Old 12-16-2014, 12:45 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,845,629 times
Mr. Big Stuff.

Old 12-16-2014, 12:51 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,573,958 times
My wife is the Boss. She relishes the role, it givers her a sense of control she prefers and I'm happy enough to cede control of all but a very few decisions.

She doesn't abuse the privilege and I reserve the right to veto any decisions that I feel are unreasonable.

Oh, and by the way, she'll tell you that I'm the Boss.

Old 12-16-2014, 12:57 PM

9,131 posts, read 20,002,224 times
You lost me at the word "boss."

We are individuals in a partnership. We work to make sure each other's wants and needs are being met. Occasionally these may conflict and we have to work that out... and occasionally this can lead to a little conflict, but we do not order the other to comply or expect their compliance or obedience. One of us makes a compromise, and we work together to fulfill the compromised desire at another time as best we can.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:59 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,141,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post

Is it a partnership?

You have a very strange, distorted, and mechanistic view of relationships.

Old 12-16-2014, 02:56 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,688,647 times
Tony Danza, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships