Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 10:48 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Unlikely no headboard, no pillow shams just a lonely box springs and a mattress.

I started to wonder how much student loan debt this woman was carrying where she can’t afford dust ruffles and pillow shams. The mattress wasn’t even a pillow top and I think the mattress tag was missing.

I don't even know what most of these things are and I certainly don't have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibuddy3 View Post
Here's something I came across the other day somewhere: "I'm not perfect, you're not perfect. If you are, move along." or something like that.

Sounds kinda angry or bitter. I'd move along, regardless.
Doesn't sound either to me. Sounds like she wants to avoid people that think they're perfect. I liked that phrase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 10:57 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,103,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
Back when I was single:

1.) "I'm tired of playing games"

2.) "Most guys can't handle me"

3.) "I don't date black guys. I'm not racist, it's just my preference" (profile shows that she's open to dating every single race and ethnicity but Afr-Am).

4.) Attractive plus sized girls that only show distorted pictures of their face and boobs. Your plump face and breasts make it obvious that you are heavier. If I'm seriously looking at your profile, obviously that doesn't matter much. Might as well show a full body shot with nice clothing on.

5.) '5-2" woman that only dates guys over '6-0." If I'm over six inches taller than you and double your weight, you should feel protected. This tends to be found in women that are.....

6.) Daddy's girls. I prefer "mama's girls." Mama's girls tend to be self-sufficient, sweet and nurturing....naturally. Daddy's girls (in my experience) are often hotter but more high maintenance.

7.) Touting the fact that you have your own car, apartment and job. It's certainly not something I take for granted, but it probably means that you've dated questionable men. Sometimes this can be an advantage if the lady is a good woman who has simply had bad luck with dating. She may have a greater appreciation for what you're brining to the table.

8.) 50+ pictures of yourself and lots of male followers/friends. You're either a tease or keeping a small harem of men for your personal enjoyment.

9.) Any mentions of "no drama" or a generally defensive mindset. If you're that concerned about creepy guys or generally bad men, stop dating for awhile.
I laughted reading yours, I always hated the I'm sick of games and all the cliché stuff everyone writes. Typically the people sick of games are the biggest game players as well. As for your number 3. I get it sucks being disqualified by someone who's not even willing to get to know you but honestly hwat is wrong with someone stating they aren't interested in dating black guys. It's not racist it's a preference, you seem to take issue with the fact she'll date Asian, latino, white, pacific islander but not black. i'm sure there's girls who will date everyone but white or everyone but Asian. I come across a lot of women i'm interested in and say they prefer black or latino, whatever I move on.

I get this is a post your beefs about online dating profiles so not saying your wrong just see this preference thing turned into a racist thing very often and its not really fair. I'm not into Indian women. Not sure why I'm just not, I've dated a few, just not someone I'm attracted to physically and culturally I feel there's a big barrier. The Indian girl I dated her parents were very controlling, felt they she should only date or marry an Indian man, etc. Not saying this is true of all indian parents but also far from uncommon. I have nothing against indian women or people but why would I purposely seek out a relationship that is going to be more challenging and the same could be said of interacial relationships for some people

Old 01-12-2015, 12:07 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,758,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemagic View Post
As for your number 3. I get it sucks being disqualified by someone who's not even willing to get to know you but honestly hwat is wrong with someone stating they aren't interested in dating black guys. It's not racist it's a preference, you seem to take issue with the fact she'll date Asian, latino, white, pacific islander but not black. i'm sure there's girls who will date everyone but white or everyone but Asian. I come across a lot of women i'm interested in and say they prefer black or latino, whatever I move on.

I get this is a post your beefs about online dating profiles so not saying your wrong just see this preference thing turned into a racist thing very often and its not really fair.
I agree, it's not racist, it's just somebody's personal preference. There is no rule of life that states that everyone HAS TO be attracted to people of all races otherwise they are a racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships