Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 04:22 AM

17 posts, read 14,451 times

Advertisements

So there's this guy who is friends with my husband. They are old friends and never see each other and don't even live in the same state. One day almost a year ago, I had became friends with this guy on a social media site. We talked alot, omg. We have the same views on a lot of subjects and together, the conversations were hilarious. We have had nites where we talked and talked and talked. Because we had so much in common, I wasn't surprised how long we had texted back and forth for.

While talking, I brought up my husband. he said "I figured u were with him but I wasn't sure." So we talked about every month, and he would always comment on pictures or posts. He was going to be traveling nearby where o live and he spoke about when hes in that area he can stop by.

I have to say that during our lengthy conversations, we talked about relationships and he said how he was trying to delay fate because there was a lot of things he needed to do in his life before he can have a girlfriend, because having a girlfriend would be a huge distraction in his life and he needed time. He said he hasn't dated in 4 years and enjoys his solitude, he loves women,but finds that when he ddoes like someone that he gets distracted so when he sees that happening he pushes them aaway. Then he talked about the delaying fate thing.

Ok, so about a month before his trip nearby, he had unfriended me and blocked me. I had no idea why. There was no argument or constant messaging because at that point, we only talked about once a month. Then a month after the blocking and unfriending, he sends me a friend request. I accepted and he explained to me that he doesn't know why we were unfriended..he said that it wasn't him who had unfriended me, that it must have been an error with the website as other friends of his were jnfriended too. I asked about the blocking and he said he wouldn't block me. So yeah, I don't know. During that time, he was nearby but he didn't ask to hangout and I didn't either.

I was happy to talk to him again, and all that. But like, I was at a store and texted him a picture of the funny thing I saw, like a personal joke we had between each other and he didn't text back. He read the message, but then marked it unread. Then the holidays came. I wished him a happy Halloween.. He read it, then marked it unread. He did the same for my happy thanksgiving message to. I didn't send him a happy birthday nor a merry Christmas.. But i sent him hilarious video on new yrs eve and said that he needed to see this he read it and marked it unread.

A lot of my friends think that he had liked me but cant be in a relationship so i was a distraction to him. he would often compliment me and to be honest, Iwould compliment him too. He had an idea that my relationship with my boyfriend sucked. When I had a nightmare one time, ( he knew i had bad nightmares)I texted him, it was late..i hadnt sent him a message or anything. two weeks after that was when the unfriending thing happened.

i really like him, and have for a while. lets face it, i have a crush on him. it kinda hurts that he doesnt even respond to a simple holiday greeting. i will stay friends with him, i have commented on a post of his the other day, which he replied and gave a winky face with it. so i know hes not bitter or anything but why mark messages unread./

why are guys like this so hard to understand.? lol seriously, one minute they pull an allnighter and talk to u and then the next minute they push u away.

so if u read all this, thanks. what do u think of this?

Last edited by Meadow3; 01-11-2015 at 04:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 04:29 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,679,388 times
I think you are emotionally cheating on your boyfriend with one of his friends.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:37 AM

17 posts, read 14,451 times
Sunnydee,

No doubt about that. Actually we are married. I should edit my post. My marriage has been over for a while. A long time actually. We don't do anything that I see married people or even boyfriend/girlfriend do like hold hands, talk, all that. We are more like friends/ roommates who tolerate each other and live together.

Thanks for replying.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:55 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,354,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow3 View Post
why are guys like this so hard to understand.? lol seriously, one minute they pull an allnighter and talk to u and then the next minute they push u away.

Ask your husband- I'm sure he'll give you an explanation.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:18 AM

19,725 posts, read 20,264,355 times
A guy.. that's friends with your husband..who lives out of state..that you've never met..now ignoring you on fb.... Oh, how romantic

Old 01-11-2015, 06:27 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,745,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow3 View Post
I think this other guy has marginally better moral standards than you do that's for sure.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:32 AM

530 posts, read 667,591 times
If this post is a serious one, let's examine what is going on here. You are in a poisonous relationship and are reaching out to a friend of the person who no longer fits your life (another poisonous relationship). Am I understanding this correctly or is there something I've left out?

Old 01-11-2015, 06:52 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,412,769 times
you women are funny people

you developed this nonsense called 'emotional cheating' and as usual here you are a woman whos doing it

and you are very nonchalant about it

so your "husband" doesnt hold hands, etc with you? so this is your justification to carry on via the internets with his old friend...

dont you women throw a fit when your husband eats or goes on a trip with the woman he works with, even when there was no hanky-panky going on..smh what hippocrites you all are

even looking here on c-d you'll see women posting about some married guy and how they want them... you all should be ashamed of yourselves...

Old 01-11-2015, 07:13 AM

530 posts, read 667,591 times
In my dealings with people I always consider that if someone does something I don't approve of, it's usually an individual happenstance. For instance, in school I never thought ill of one particular group just because a student from that group was acting out. The truth was, students from all groups (racial, economic, etc.) had equal talents in causing trouble.

I also realize that if you're in a relationship with someone and there's a break up, that doesn't make all men or all women guilty. It just means that particular person doesn't fit the relationship successfully.

In this case. one woman is (possibly, if the story is really legit) acting in a poisonous way. Why blame ALL women?

Old 01-11-2015, 07:21 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,744,165 times
Why would you call your husband your boyfriend? That is a strange mistake to make. Also, if you met this guy through your husband, why would be ask you ""I figured u were with him but I wasn't sure." [sic]

So many holes in this story. But it is successful in casting women as dumb cheating whores and making men who dislike and distrust women feel morally justified. It worked on this guy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
even looking here on c-d you'll see women posting about some married guy and how they want them... you all should be ashamed of yourselves...
So...mission accomplished?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships