Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 07:28 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,364,479 times

Advertisements

I think if you would put so much effort into your marriage as you did your pseudo boyfriend your marriage would be a lot better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 07:35 AM

17 posts, read 14,460 times
Wow, the comments

Marriages end way before divorce papers are filled out.
My husband doesn't like me and I don't like him. He tolerates me as much as i tolerate him. Because I use my maiden name. He didn't know that I was actually married to my husband.

I understand criticism because yes I'm married and yes, I started talking to a guy a lot and developed a crush on him Its human nature. Maybe not the most acceptable in society, you know, to be married and have a crush on someone else. Its just that omg he's like the male version of me in many aspects.

Loves same literature, same quotes and understands them. Listens to the same music. Dress in similar style, ripped jeans, piercings, all that.

i am totally smitten by him, but i can put those feelings aside. Now im just wondering why he marks any message i had sent him as unread after many days it would be shown as read. i feel like he sends mixed signals, if hes trying to ignore me, why wouldnt he unfriend me or left me unfriended?

Old 01-11-2015, 07:40 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,745,062 times
If you are tolerating each other...then just leave your husband.

You were wrong for allowing yourself to get emotionally attached to someone while still married. I assume you're young if you're making mistakes like this. It doesn't matter if your marriage is over emotionally or mentally....end it legally then go chasing after other men.

It's pretty simple.

Old 01-11-2015, 07:41 AM

11,406 posts, read 24,504,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow3 View Post
Wow, the comments

Marriages end way before divorce papers are filled out.
My husband doesn't like me and I don't like him. He tolerates me as much as i tolerate him. Because I use my maiden name. He didn't know that I was actually married to my husband.

I understand criticism because yes I'm married and yes, I started talking to a guy a lot and developed a crush on him Its human nature. Maybe not the most acceptable in society, you know, to be married and have a crush on someone else. Its just that omg he's like the male version of me in many aspects.

Loves same literature, same quotes and understands them. Listens to the same music. Dress in similar style, ripped jeans, piercings, all that.

i am totally smitten by him, but i can put those feelings aside. Now im just wondering why he marks any message i had sent him as unread after many days it would be shown as read. i feel like he sends mixed signals, if hes trying to ignore me, why wouldnt he unfriend me or left me unfriended?
It doesn't matter why he's doing what he's doing. He just did it. It really doesn't matter that you're in a dead marriage. Essentially, neither of these men like you and only one has the guts to cut ties.

Old 01-11-2015, 07:46 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,393,844 times
First, there are a lot of "holes" in your original post. It is suspect as to the veracity of it. First it's your husband--then it's your boyfriend? There are other holes and inconsistencies.

Second--Research shows that social media creates a false sense of intimacy and false relationships. This FB and texting relationship you have with this man is false. It's based on some minor commonalities: music and dress. There are many aspects of a live relationship and live conversation that cannot be conveyed in the type of relationship you have described.

Old 01-11-2015, 07:49 AM

530 posts, read 668,548 times
Pardon me but who didn't know who was married to which husband? I am clearly having a hard time decoding these partial sentences.

Old 01-11-2015, 07:57 AM

17 posts, read 14,460 times
If ypur holding a football, youre gonna get tackled.. I say that because I guess since I wrote all this stuff, the doors of nasty criticism are left wide open.

He wasn't a pseudo boyfriend..nor did I see this guy like a boyfriend. It was just a crush that was developedbecause we started talking alot. It's normal..even when your married. I read about stuff like this all the time. No I don't act out on my feelings. A lot of my friends tell me that its possible that he just needs that time he needs and thats why he sorta pushed me away.

I know he still likes me, and i mean "like" in a general friendly term..because why when there was a website error and we were unfriended and blocked (I still have a feeling he did that because he wanted to see me and he pushes people away) why did he unblock me, why did he friend me again. We were magically unblocked and refriended the say he was nearby but leaving and going back home.

There are justsome tthings I don't understand, like the messaging thing why mark it unread. II'm very chill, laid back and would never ask him that but its just something i noticed. , I would question the same thing if this sort of read them unread stuff was coming from a friend That I had no crush on. So perhaps this should've went into non romantic relationships.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:00 AM

530 posts, read 668,548 times
I'm done.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:05 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,788,650 times
What a silly person.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:25 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,777,509 times
OP:

Please do not justify why you are having an emotional affair with this guy.

My parents were in an unhappy marriage from the 1970's to the mid 1980's when my mom filed for divorce.

My mom was not happy being in an unhappy marriage.

My father was not the best mate.

He would not show her affection.

He thought that affection was overrated.

He had several female friends all over the U.S. whom he would talk about at home.

He met these female friends while away on business trips. What he did with these female friends, who knows.

However...

My mom never had any affair while married. She ended her marriage.

So, OP, that is what you need to do before continuing this so called relationship with this guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships