Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2015, 12:03 PM

321 posts, read 293,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Spending $100 on nothing but drinks? Where they do that at???

Pretty much any half way decent bar in any half way decent city. Cocktails are often $12-16. Three each over a couple of hours (which is nothing) for two people with tip and you're easily at $100.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:06 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,076,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustelid1971 View Post
Pretty much any half way decent bar in any half way decent city. Cocktails are often $12-16. Three each over a couple of hours (which is nothing) for two people with tip and you're easily at $100.
True. But he said it was she who ordered several drinks. He didn't say he did.

2,387 posts, read 2,213,219 times
Quote:

This sounds like a wreck. You're pointing out that you'll "buy the one drink that (you) agreed to". Who does this to someone they've been on many dates with and has slept with? Forehead slapping move.
I don't see the problem here. I've paid for dates 1-4 in their entirety. I don't have an issue with taking a date out and paying for her. But I agreed to take her out to buy this drink as part of our fun bet. When the bill came, it was close to $100, and we both had multiple drinks.

Sorry, but I can't be dropping $100 every I ask her to go out with me. There's gotta be some give and take. Eventually, the concept of "going Dutch" has to come in to play. I don't feel the obligation to completely finance another human being EVERY time we go out. Once in awhile, sure. Not opposed to that. But not every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's not a universally held opinion. It's for each individual to decide whether the emotional wear-and-tear is worth a few rolls in the hay. Some decide it isn't, and wait for something that looks like it has a good likelihood of succeeding as an LTR.

It is to each individual, sure. But they're likely not going to have a clue if it will succeed as a LTR until they have sex anyway. Way too many people aren't sexually compatible with one another and there is often nothing that can be done about that no matter how much they like one another and want things to work, so that should be determined early on. That is, if you actually want a relationship that has a healthy sexual component and you want to have fun while dating.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
We had three drinks each. I paid for all of mine and one of hers (the one I agreed to pay for as part of our bet).

The whole purpose of this was not really a date, it was to pay up on the bet and to talk to her about our status.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:09 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,645,768 times
I just spent $90 on a new pair of wonderful running shoes. My shoes will last longer than your fling with this gal.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
I don't see the problem here. I've paid for dates 1-4 in their entirety. I don't have an issue with taking a date out and paying for her. But I agreed to take her out to buy this drink as part of our fun bet. When the bill came, it was close to $100, and we both had multiple drinks.

Sorry, but I can't be dropping $100 every I ask her to go out with me. There's gotta be some give and take. Eventually, the concept of "going Dutch" has to come in to play. I don't feel the obligation to completely finance another human being EVERY time we go out. Once in awhile, sure. Not opposed to that. But not every time.

No one said every time. But if I'm asking person out "for a drink" and we have a couple and they don't pull out a card / money when the check comes, I'm not going to push it unless I have no desire to see them again. It's a bit, well, impolite. I asked them out. Her response was rude too.

And yeah, if they like me they pick up the tab too. What goes around comes around. So, no, it wouldn't be every time.

Quote:
Oh come on, like he'd sit there with an empty glass. Please!

Old 01-22-2015, 12:12 PM

Quote:
No one said every time. But if I'm asking person out "for a drink" and we have a couple and they don't pull out a card / money when the check comes, I'm not going to push it unless I have no desire to see them again. It's a bit, well, impolite. I asked them out. Her response was rude too.

And yeah, if they like me they pick up the tab too. What goes around comes around. So, no, it wouldn't be every time.
No, it isn't. Maybe in your opinion, but it's not some broad rule to be applied to every situation. Guess what? Someone's gotta ask someone out for them to go out. Since I'm the one asking her out (date or not) every time, according to you I'm responsible for footing the bill every time. I make decent money, but I don't feel obligated to pay for someone every time I say, "Hey, let's go out". For one, it's not financially responsible. And two, it's a frickin' moronic and entitled mindset to expect that from somebody.

She has a job, she hasn't asked me out once. She did buy me a couple cheap drinks though a week ago.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
No, it isn't. Maybe in your opinion, but it's not some broad rule to be applied to every situation. Guess what? Someone's gotta ask someone out for them to go out. Since I'm the one asking her out (date or not) every time, according to you I'm responsible for footing the bill every time. I make decent money, but I don't feel obligated to pay for someone every time I say, "Hey, let's go out". For one, it's not financially responsible. And two, it's a frickin' moronic and entitled mindset to expect that from somebody.

She has a job, she hasn't asked me out once. She did buy me a few cheap drinks though a week ago.

You are responsible, unless she offers, yes. You asked. If I invite someone to do something I'm extending an invitation and I'm treating. I don't invite people and expect them to pay. The assumption must be if you are asking, you are treating. Now decent women will insist on picking up the tab atleast every few times, or splitting it, if they don't, you don't keep asking.

If she doesn't ask you out after awhile and treat she just isn't into you, or into me (if it were with me), I move on. Simple.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
You are responsible, unless she offers, yes. You asked. If I invite someone to do something I'm extending an invitation and I'm treating. I don't invite people and expect them to pay.

If she doesn't ask you out after awhile and treat she just isn't into you, or into me (if it were with me) and I move on. Simple.
I don't agree with you at all.

I think there is a time and place to foot the bill. Special occasions, like the first few dates you go out on, future romantic evenings, birthdays, etc. But not every damn time you ask a person to go out with you to spend some time together.

I ask people all the time to hang out and I'm not responsible for paying for everything they purchase for the evening, nor do they expect it from me. Get real, dude.

This mindset you're projecting here is the very reason why women get a bad rep for seemingly seeking out a free meal ticket during the dating process. It's a moocher mindset, and I don't subscribe to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships