Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 07:57 PM

79 posts, read 63,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Sounds like a battle of the egos starting to brew and you're starting to play right along wih her

People generally do not "suddenly" start to focus so intently on others behavioirs unless it's affecting themselves in some way.

Be real.
you where fine with her until this boy, where you not?

It's the only common denominator between you accepting her and "hating" her
Actually no, I wasn't fine until this boy. It wasn't anything as significant as using people and lying, but the more we hung out, there were little things that didn't mesh with how I chose to live my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 08:39 PM

828 posts, read 908,056 times
OP, I appreciate the clarification and apologize if I was off-base.

Please note that when I referred to dating a much younger woman, I was talking about Guy #2. You wrote:

Even though its kind of not my business, I decided to give my 2 cents. First of all, my friend is VERY flirtatious (whether she intends to be or not). Sometimes I don't feel like she makes in apparent that she is dating someone, and when she does, she doesn't necessarily act like it. For example, she has this guy "friend" who is much older than her. He has a lot of money and she has been able to gain his invitation to go to the professional football games in our city. He also buys her things and takes her to dinner.

So that is where I got the "making him complicit" thing. I was referring to Guy #2.

Regardless of the details, I do apologize if I misjudged the situation.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwall View Post
OP, I appreciate the clarification and apologize if I was off-base.

Please note that when I referred to dating a much younger woman, I was talking about Guy #2. You wrote:

Even though its kind of not my business, I decided to give my 2 cents. First of all, my friend is VERY flirtatious (whether she intends to be or not). Sometimes I don't feel like she makes in apparent that she is dating someone, and when she does, she doesn't necessarily act like it. For example, she has this guy "friend" who is much older than her. He has a lot of money and she has been able to gain his invitation to go to the professional football games in our city. He also buys her things and takes her to dinner.

So that is where I got the "making him complicit" thing. I was referring to Guy #2.

Regardless of the details, I do apologize if I misjudged the situation.
No worries! But I'll clarify. The guy I was referring to in the example above is the older man that wants to date my friend, but she basically uses him for his money and perks. He knows she is "dating" someone but the problem is that Sam doesn't like their relationship because its inappropriate and that is one thing that causes issues between Sam and my friend.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Old 02-05-2015, 11:10 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,451,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinagirl1419 View Post
Actually no, I wasn't fine until this boy. It wasn't anything as significant as using people and lying, but the more we hung out, there were little things that didn't mesh with how I chose to live my life.
How long have you known this girl?

Old 02-06-2015, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
How long have you known this girl?
We have been friends since April. So almost a year.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:00 AM

535 posts, read 515,636 times
I think where people are getting a little confused is that there are 3 guys in this scenario:
- "main" bf, Sam
- guy #1, older guy
- guy #2, guy OP was kinda interested in

Does that make more sense to everyone?

Old 02-06-2015, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IfICould View Post
I think where people are getting a little confused is that there are 3 guys in this scenario:
- "main" bf, Sam
- guy #1, older guy
- guy #2, guy OP was kinda interested in

Does that make more sense to everyone?
Haha - thanks! I know it can seem a little confusing. But you are exactly right

Old 02-06-2015, 11:37 AM

52,256 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Your friend sounds like she's got some questionable ethics and morals and I don't think she's all that great of a friend to have to be honest.

While it's nice that you are concerned for Sam, I wonder if you should keep your nose out of it, I've heard story after story where someone does intervene, the couple gets back together, and then you become the bad guy.

Then again, standing by and watching someone get screwed over is tough too.

The other guy that she's using to manipulate Sam isn't really your concern in that you never made it known to her that you liked him, so I guess he's "fair game", but hopefully Sam will find out about her and he'll dump her, and the other guy finds out too, and he becomes freed up and you can snag him.......... sounds like a win win win.......

Old 02-06-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Your friend sounds like she's got some questionable ethics and morals and I don't think she's all that great of a friend to have to be honest.

While it's nice that you are concerned for Sam, I wonder if you should keep your nose out of it, I've heard story after story where someone does intervene, the couple gets back together, and then you become the bad guy.

Then again, standing by and watching some get screwed over is tough too.

The other guy that she's using to manipulate Sam isn't really your concern in that you never made it known to her that you liked him, so I guess he's "fair game", but hopefully Sam will find out about her and he'll dump her, and the other guy finds out too, and he becomes freed up and you can snag him.......... sounds like a win win win.......
Yes, trust me, I've been there done that with trying to inform someone that they were being cheated on, etc. It has NEVER worked and I have no desire to keep trying until it does. Its just hard to sit back and watch Sam get treated like this.

Last night she sent me a picture of this hand made invitation. Sam had made this Valentine's invitation that gave time/date/place, etc. for their date and sent it through the mail to her. I responded "Omg, that is so awesome" and she said "yea, its kind of sweet".

Old 02-06-2015, 11:48 AM

52,256 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinagirl1419 View Post
Yes, trust me, I've been there done that with trying to inform someone that they were being cheated on, etc. It has NEVER worked and I have no desire to keep trying until it does. Its just hard to sit back and watch Sam get treated like this.

Last night she sent me a picture of this hand made invitation. Sam had made this Valentine's invitation that gave time/date/place, etc. for their date and sent it through the mail to her. I responded "Omg, that is so awesome" and she said "yea, its kind of sweet".
That whole part about using the other dude to get Sam "in line" or whatever phrase you used really irked the hell out of me, to be honest.

People like her will get theirs... might not be today, might not be tomorrow, but I'm a firm believer in the universe leveling things out.......

Hopefully she's just young and will grow up and learn and won't use others as toys.......

Somehow I doubt it, most of life doesn't work like a made for TV Lifetime movie where everyone has epiphanies and turns their lives around and become good upstanding citizens..

I tend to have a darker view of humanity.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships