Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 07:54 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
C'mon..... Really? That's like saying there's still a chance you may win the lottery too. That's how people get heartbroken and disappointed in life. They rely too heavily on hope and wishful thinking. Don't get me wrong, I do believe that there's someone out there for everyone, but it's not all that realistic when that person is halfway around the world. There has to be some feasibility of it happening from the get go.
I don't think he is saying that its 100% going to happen, just that there are a LOT of people out there, and that its very possible to find the right fish, lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 07:56 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,643,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Denny what happen to the chick you were dating?
We're still dating and things are going great. But prior to getting involved with her, I wasn't really meeting anyone I was interested in dating. Sure, you can find attractive people, both on and offline. But most were either unavailable or just incompatible. That's why I've really learned to appreciate it when I do meet someone who's both physically attractive and on the same page as me as far as values, goals, interests, and so forth. As I think ohio_peasant pointed out above, you either meet someone who looks great but you have nothing in common with or you meet someone who's a lot like you only you're not physically attracted to them. When someone says there are plenty of fish in the sea, what they neglect to mention is most of those fish aren't ones you'd want.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:57 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,643,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeinca View Post
You just happen to pick girls out of your league.
How would you know who I'm picking? Funny how you had nothing of value to add to this thread other than to take a potshot at me.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:00 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
We're still dating and things are going great. But prior to getting involved with her, I wasn't really meeting anyone I was interested in dating. Sure, you can find attractive people, both on and offline. But most were either unavailable or just incompatible. That's why I've really learned to appreciate it when I do meet someone who's both physically attractive and on the same page as me as far as values, goals, interests, and so forth. As I think ohio_peasant pointed out above, you either meet someone who looks great but you have nothing in common with or you meet someone who's a lot like you only you're not physically attracted to them. When someone says there are plenty of fish in the sea, what they neglect to mention is most of those fish aren't ones you'd want.
Agreed. Some people get stuck on the physical attraction part. Sure looks aren't everything, but they do matter to many. There's a limit.

So they find someone physically attractive, but the one they're attracted to doesn't feel the same toward them.

Then when they do get attention and people interested in them, it's always someone they aren't physically attracted to.

1 guy I know of, on another forum. Assuming it was his real pic I saw, was very handsome imo. But according to him, he only gets attention from women he's not attracted to. Fat and/or dumpy girls.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:04 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Well, it beats hearing, "Well...that's it. You ran out of people to date. Put your pole in the garage and call it a life."

Old 02-15-2015, 08:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I'm glad you are still dating your lady friend. And yes you are preaching to the quire.I have found the same thing.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:26 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,251,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I think it's saying there are 7 billion people in the world, so there HAS to be someone for you.

But, of course, if you're too squeamish to bait your line, you're not going to have much luck.
You can also be anything you want in life if you put your mind to it. What other platitudes can you guys think of?

Old 02-15-2015, 09:25 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
C'mon..... Really? That's like saying there's still a chance you may win the lottery too. That's how people get heartbroken and disappointed in life. They rely too heavily on hope and wishful thinking. Don't get me wrong, I do believe that there's someone out there for everyone, but it's not all that realistic when that person is halfway around the world. There has to be some feasibility of it happening from the get go.
Can't win if you don't play? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc17 View Post
You can also be anything you want in life if you put your mind to it. What other platitudes can you guys think of?
"That's life" , and might I add: "get over it"

Old 02-15-2015, 09:59 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,814,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibuddy3 View Post
I don't disagree with your statement that at any given time, there's a suitable match out there somewhere. But there is also a good chance you will never meet. It's random, and a certain amount of chance is involved. It's not all under your control.
I agree with this. I have a friend that took a job offer in another state and ended up getting engaged 6 months later. They would have never met if the friend took the job offer back home.

Old 02-15-2015, 11:57 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,925 times
I am similar to the original poster. I am sexually attracted to probably 80% of the females whom I encounter. But out of that group, I have met only 5 for whom I had romantic feelings. Sometimes a wider pool just means more for whom you feel nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships