Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 11:19 PM

2,705 posts, read 1,841,027 times

Advertisements

It's really seems like a miracle to find a genuine, long-lasting love. I guess that is why it's so special when it happens and it shouldn't be taken for granted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 07:17 AM

321 posts, read 294,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Sorry if it's been posted, but calculate how many people suit you in your city here:
Less Than One

For me it's .07 people. It's not a percentage....it's "less than one".

Interesting site. I did my metro area and it was 2400 people. When I erred on the higher expectations/difficulty of connecting, it plummeted to 146. Which I think is low.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:33 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,217,876 times
People also have a tendency to make relationships very difficult for themselves.

There are plenty of otherwise good matches that don't work because of these excuses: a) I've been hurt in the past, b) You're a great person, but..., c) I just got out of a relationship, d) there's someone else I like, e) hangups on physical attraction...

The other day, I had a woman text message me out of the blue after she essentially ghosted on me. She literally stopped responding to my text messages after our first date. She texted me the other day wanting to know how I was. Instantly, I knew what was about to go down. See, the chick chose another guy over me at the time and it didn't work out after a couple months. Now, she was trying to pick up on her 2nd choice. So I told her I was seeing someone else and that was that.

I despise dating for this reason. Human beings are too unstable.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
People also have a tendency to make relationships very difficult for themselves.

There are plenty of otherwise good matches that don't work because of these excuses: a) I've been hurt in the past, b) You're a great person, but..., c) I just got out of a relationship, d) there's someone else I like, e) hangups on physical attraction...

The other day, I had a woman text message me out of the blue after she essentially ghosted on me. She literally stopped responding to my text messages after our first date. She texted me the other day wanting to know how I was. Instantly, I knew what was about to go down. See, the chick chose another guy over me at the time and it didn't work out after a couple months. Now, she was trying to pick up on her 2nd choice. So I told her I was seeing someone else and that was that.

I despise dating for this reason. Human beings are too unstable.

I can't really see what is overly wrong with that. She liked you, but she wanted to see where something was going with someone else she liked. It didn't work out so she is moving on and she contacted you because she liked you. Sure, her communication should have been different and more respectful, but there is nothing wrong with the sentiment.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustelid1971 View Post
I can't really see what is overly wrong with that. She liked you, but she wanted to see where something was going with someone else she liked. It didn't work out so she is moving on and she contacted you because she liked you. Sure, her communication should have been different and more respectful, but there is nothing wrong with the sentiment.
The ghosting part really bothered me. That, IMO, is very disrespectful. It also sheds some light on how she operates. If she finds another guy whilst seeing me, will she disappear on me again? When she texted me the other day, she played it off and tried to turn it around on me as if she didn't hear from me. Seems kind of manipulative, no? If she had handled the situation differently, more respectfully, I may have been more open to the idea.

And I genuinely am seeing another person at the moment, so that was not a lie.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:05 AM

That does seem manipulative. If she said "I had fun with you, but I want to see where this other thing is going and focus on that right now" it would be different, to me anyway.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
That does seem manipulative. If she said "I had fun with you, but I want to see where this other thing is going and focus on that right now" it would be different, to me anyway.
Exactly. I would have totally respected that. But it doesn't seem that that is the way it works in the dating world. When people aren't interested in you any longer, they disappear on you. Well, if that's how you operate, just don't expect any forgiveness down the road. I'm not that desperate.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
Exactly. I would have totally respected that. But it doesn't seem that that is the way it works in the dating world. When people aren't interested in you any longer, they disappear on you. Well, if that's how you operate, just don't expect any forgiveness down the road. I'm not that desperate.

I don't know. I think most people I've gone on dates with that didn't work out are pretty respectful about it. The majority anyway. There are always some bad eggs.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
I don't know. I think most people I've gone on dates with that didn't work out are pretty respectful about it. The majority anyway. There are always some bad eggs.
It could be an age thing? These are women in their mid- to late-20s-early 30s.

The vast majority I have dated (I'd say 95%), if not interested, would simply stop responding or contacting you. No explanation, just gone.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:17 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,654,909 times
I don't believe there are many/plenty for me considering the following figures against me:

I'm a black American woman. The majority of men anywhere nearby are non-black and not as attracted to black women as they are to non-black women. I'm attracted to all kinds and cultures of good men, but most of them are not attracted to me.

I'm atheist. The majority of people are theists and I find no spiritual happiness with someone who doesn't share or understand my beliefs and who I can't comfort because I don't share theirs.

I'm an INTJ personality, only about 1% of women are. An overwhelming majority of people find me to be incompatible with their personality. Although the majority of INTJ people are men, but sameness doesn't necessarily equal strong romantic compatibility.

I'm overweight. The majority of women anywhere but Samoa are not, and this creates more competition. Most men don't prefer overweight women as their ideal, even though they may find us attractive.

I'm scarred. Most men will not fond this to be attractive, but disgusting, considering it to be abnormal compared to most women who have finer complexions. It will be a very rare guy who will accept scars on a woman, not plenty.

I refuse to straighten my hair. My genetics are programmed to grow coily spirals in the shape of the golden spiral that rules symmetry in the universe, from the roots of my head. Although it is magnificent, most men are not attracted to this look on a woman. The majority of women in the world have less magnificent, frail, ribbony hair strands, and that is what most men find more attractive and feminine.

Therefore, I don't mathematically have "plenty of fish in the sea" so the saying is false in relation to me. I will eventually have to settle once I start dating. But I suppose it wouldn't be settling if the guy accepts me as I am and thinks I'm extraordinary, the best thing on this here yonder of the universe, because that would be who I want. Or, to go through "plenty," I could stress myself out trying to fit into the mould of a woman who's slender with perfect skin, narrow features and ribbony hair... become common.

We don't need plenty to choose from, just a few of the best fits for each of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships