Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 11:29 AM

12 posts, read 12,328 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend 28 and I 21 moved in together after being together 3 and a half years about 2 months ago. I am in nursing school and work part time bartending. He on the other hand owns his own landscaping business and feels like he needs space to focus on his business and feels like he wants to move out to do that... I'm devastated and heartbroken willing to do anything to make it work I feel like he's being selfish. I'm at a crossroad because he still wants to be together but move out and see me a few times a week whenever he has time. Idek what to do or think I love him so much been there through thick and thin helped support him through everything. He tells me he wants to marry me one day but I
Can't accept the fact he's not willing to make it work now. Am I over reacting I feel like he is turning his back on me? He is currently still at our condo but has told me several times he wants to move out and most the time really hostile about it. Last night he said today is the day he will leave so when j go home I expect his stuff not to be there. When he wants sex all that changes and he acts nice and says he loves me... he doesn't even seem like the same person since we moved in together he used to do anything to have me by his side. I helped him get through some rough patches over the last six months and now he's on the road to start succeeding and wants to leave me behind I feel like. He said he still wants to be together when he moves out but I don't know if I can be with him. Myself esteem is really low right now and I feel rejected
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 06:57 PM

797 posts, read 2,338,691 times
This really isn't a forum for relationship advice so take whatever you get here with a grain of salt. That said, guys who want to marry a girl and truly love her don't act like that and they certainly don't take steps backwards like moving apart. If he wants to move out, he's not serious about wanting to marry you. You're still pretty young and it sounds like you're just a bit naive still about relationships. If the only time this guy is nice to you and wants to be around you is when he's horny, he doesn't really love you and you don't need to be wasting your time.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:10 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,090,374 times
There is a forum where you will get more advice that you can imagine.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relationships/

Would agree with earlier poster that he's moving from the relationship but doesn't come out and tell you. Unfortunate but it sounds like its an amicable split but an inevitable one. You could force someone to not move out but couldn't force them into continuing a relationship that they no longer want to be participate.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:43 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,882,066 times
Well, I'll have to agree...this ain't really the place to get advice about you're problem but...hang around for awhile, we got several guys around here that can make that piece of crap man of yours look like prince charming.

Personally, I would hurry home and help him pack.

Good luck

Old 03-11-2015, 12:19 PM

638 posts, read 978,564 times
You're 21 don't get married. Don't ruin your life!

women :sigh:

Old 03-12-2015, 07:13 AM

768 posts, read 718,930 times
I'd say he wants to see other women or maybe he already is. It also sounds like he says whatever suits his needs at the moment. He isn't going to marry you and you should be thankful for that. As a matter of fact, run. Run away from him as fast as you can. It's not going to get better, only worse. Sorry to be so pessimistic, but you're both very young & a man wouldn't treat the woman he intends to marry the was he's treating you. You need more experience... but not with this guy.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:30 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
I think you should tell him if he moves out, that's the end of the relationship. I know you think you are ready, but marriage is a lot to get into at 21 years old.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:42 AM

13,264 posts, read 7,312,118 times
Your 21 long time ahead so don't get hung up on him lots of others who will treat you much better. You should start dating others after he moves out that will get your mind off him.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:23 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,530,547 times
Relationships dont move backwards. After 3 years together he just wants to go back to living alone?
Dump him. Its not gonna work.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:28 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,600 times
I think by him wanting to move out, and he says he doesn't want to break up with you. He actually really does want to break up, but he isn't man enough to say it to your face, so he is doing it one step at a time.

Dump him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships