Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 10:50 PM

52,389 posts, read 52,877,920 times

Advertisements

I don't play that mess... I will never compete for a woman....I talk to a woman and she likes me, fine, I'm not going to play poodle and dance about trying to vie for her attention from another dude.... life is too short and there are far too many women out there to subjugate or make a fool of yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2015, 11:00 PM

102,273 posts, read 108,342,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
I am not a competing person, or game person-far as social situations go. I am not a temptress, seductress, or flirty. I can only be me. If it's not enough, then I won't be starting anything with that guy. If he goes to another woman, he's not too interested. lol Oh well. I don't do games, and haven't since 8th grade.
This sums it up. Compete for what? It's rare I meet anyone I might be interested in, anyway. I figure that if I've enjoyed a couple of good conversations at a party, it was a successful evening.

Old 03-15-2015, 11:03 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,148,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't play that mess... I will never compete for a woman....I talk to a woman and she likes me, fine, I'm not going to play poodle and dance about trying to vie for her attention from another dude.... life is too short and there are far too many women out there to subjugate or make a fool of yourself.
lol ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
I am not a competing person, or game person-far as social situations go. I am not a temptress, seductress, or flirty. I can only be me. If it's not enough, then I won't be starting anything with that guy. If he goes to another woman, he's not too interested. lol Oh well. I don't do games, and haven't since 8th grade.
yup.

Old 03-15-2015, 11:27 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,343,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yup.

Old 03-16-2015, 12:33 AM

41 posts, read 32,267 times
Oh, yes... the all "you fight for me or I'm all his routine"... he can keep her. I'll never fight for a woman if she was never mines to begin with. I remember I went to my cousin's house this past new years eve and this one girl whom was supposedly "attracted" to me in the words of my cousin, kept flirting with another guy. When I tried to initiate contact she was accepting but kept playing her cards all night and I decided to let it go. Of course, I have methods in which i operate which are, if a girl is interested in me she shouldn't be trying to make me jealous or rush me into making a move on her. I like to analyze the situation and see if she's worth it (usually done within an hour or so) and if she cannot remain herself within that time frame without pulling some stunt then she wasn't worth it.

Old 03-16-2015, 01:10 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,327,849 times
Women who think men should compete for them are immature and not worth the effort.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:37 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,287,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Women who think men should compete for them are immature and not worth the effort.
Agreed. Same goes for men who look at dating as "survival of the fittest." Give humans more credit than that. We are capable of being above primal instincts and valuing others for who they are as people, not what they can provide us. It's a shame that some people remain a few steps behind the evolutionary cycle.

Old 03-16-2015, 01:11 PM

951 posts, read 1,143,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
You were there first but the other guy was more interesting to her. You were her backup plan.

I don't compete. A guy either likes me or not. I give signals and then the ball is in his corner.

I don't understand how people can go on that bachelors tv show and act like animals in heat. I would feel like an idiot.
Me too. I could never go on that show. It makes women (and men) look so desperate. I would never fight over anyone like that, and fortunately, never had to. Oh, and the thought of knowing and seeing him make out with all those other girls when he supposedly was falling for me on that show? No thanks. No wonder very few couples make it coming out of that show.

Old 03-16-2015, 02:14 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,327,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Agreed. Same goes for men who look at dating as "survival of the fittest." Give humans more credit than that. We are capable of being above primal instincts and valuing others for who they are as people, not what they can provide us. It's a shame that some people remain a few steps behind the evolutionary cycle.
Those types of men are immature as well. Survival of the fittest? What a dumb mindset to have.

Old 03-16-2015, 02:36 PM

11,168 posts, read 8,011,215 times
Perhaps this single woman was enjoying her night and any sense of competition was on the OP....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships