Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 04:08 PM

864 posts, read 1,454,737 times

Advertisements

I haven't dated anyone (beyond a first or second date) in almost a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 04:20 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,224 times
3 years

Old 03-19-2015, 04:24 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
I haven't been on a "date," as I have never been out alone with a guy I like.

I have gone out with a few guy friends but I don't really count those because there was no mutual attraction on my end.

Old 03-19-2015, 04:25 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
My last one was a set-up. It was 2-3 years ago Met the guy once, but that was enough for me to not be interested. I was set-up prior to that one around the previous year. That didn't go so well either. Guy seemed nice, but he was interested in another girl, his ex, whom he started talking to again later.

So I know in the future, NO SET-UPS. My uncle has been wanting me to come stay with him so he can introduce me to a slew of guys. That won't be happening. My mother has also tried setting me up. I already told her not to do it again.

Last edited by HappyRain; 03-19-2015 at 05:21 PM..

Old 03-19-2015, 05:17 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
I haven't dated anyone (beyond a first or second date) in almost a year.

Months, and it will be over a year by the time I get around to it again. And I'm okay with that. So close to moving, that my new place is pretty much all I can think about. Going to furnish it nearly from scratch. Same for my wardrobe. Will most likely be adding another pet. Maybe, if the money is right and I can telecommute a couple of days a week, I'll end up back in the regular workforce.

OOH, I'm getting all happy just thinking about it! No time to worry about a guy.

Old 03-19-2015, 05:22 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
My last one was a set-up. It was in 012 or 013. Met the guy once, but that was enough for me to not be interested. I was set-up prior to that one around the previous year. That didn't go so well either. Guy seemed nice, but he was interested in another girl, his ex, whom he started talking to again later.

So I know in the future, NO SET-UPS. My uncle has been wanting me to come stay with him so he can introduce me to a slew of guys. That won't be happening. My mother has also tried setting me up. I already told her not to do it again.
My Aunt tried setting me up with her sister last December. I wasn't really that crazy about her (as she wasn't about me either I'm sure), but I was willing to at least give it a try. We exchanged numbers, but nothing ended up happening. Every time we would text, she'd reply with very, very few words. She seemed pretty disinterested in talking to me. Eventually, I sent her a text (after a 3 week hiatus on my end), and she never responded and that was the end of that.

Old 03-19-2015, 05:40 PM

718 posts, read 615,908 times
Almost four months.

The longest I've been single/dateless since I was 14 hahaha

Old 03-19-2015, 05:48 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
My Aunt tried setting me up with her sister last December. I wasn't really that crazy about her (as she wasn't about me either I'm sure), but I was willing to at least give it a try. We exchanged numbers, but nothing ended up happening. Every time we would text, she'd reply with very, very few words. She seemed pretty disinterested in talking to me. Eventually, I sent her a text (after a 3 week hiatus on my end), and she never responded and that was the end of that.
That's who mine was. I wasn't too interested, and either the guy knew that and let it go, or the feeling was mutual and he wasn't feeling it for me either.

But set-ups tend to be awkward. It feels staged and unnatural, and seems a bit desperate. So that, along with online dating aren't preferred methods for me.

And, usually when people set you up, they do it according to who they think you should be with, not who they actually think you'd like. Least it's that way with my mother. Like the last guy, she figured I should give that a shot since I don't have the men beating down my door. So I went on the meet-up, and still wasn't interested, like I knew I wouldn't be. lol Then there's another guy she wanted to set me up with, where she and the guy's mother discussed us dating. And I never once told her I was interested in said guy, so it was a tad forward of her to be scheming that up.

So for many with set-ups, it's the "Beggars can't be chosers" mentality where they feel you should be grateful for anything they find for you, rather than actually considering if said person would really be interested, in terms of physical attractiveness and personality, how they carry themselves, etc.

Old 03-19-2015, 06:48 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
I'm currently dating several people. But I'm still "single" by most definitions.

Old 03-19-2015, 07:54 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
2 years, .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships