Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 10:26 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Ah...the entitlement is strong is this one.

Good luck with that.

If you consider someone YOUR FRIEND yes, you are entitled to.

Friendship often involves telling people the truth they don't wanna hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 02:19 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
I don't know. Are your friends exceptionally stupid? Do they not know that whatever (smoking, drinking alot, drugs, etc.) are bad for them? Are they going to be astoundingly enlightened when you volunteer your opinion of their behavior?

Personally, I keep my mouth shut unless a friends asks or starts a conversation about something.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-10-2015, 02:27 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
If it's a friend and I find their behavior concerning, I'll tell them. Somebody I barely know? Nah.

Old 04-10-2015, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
If it's a friend and I find their behavior concerning, I'll tell them. Somebody I barely know? Nah.
My point exactly.

Old 04-10-2015, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I don't know. Are your friends exceptionally stupid? Do they not know that whatever (smoking, drinking alot, drugs, etc.) are bad for them? Are they going to be astoundingly enlightened when you volunteer your opinion of their behavior?

Personally, I keep my mouth shut unless a friends asks or starts a conversation about something.
No, but at least I tried to be a good friend.

I will only bring the subject once and hear their response...but I believe we will be judge by the good advice we didn't give at the time.

That way they will remember: I TOLD YOU SO.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:10 PM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
No, but at least I tried to be a good friend.

I will only bring the subject once and hear their response...but I believe we will be judge by the good advice we didn't give at the time.

That way they will remember: I TOLD YOU SO.
You also might be judged for your arrogance in thinking you have all the answers and everyone should listen to you because your opinion is the right one always.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:14 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
My point exactly.
Well, no. Her point was that you're the person who your date barely knows. On the second date, or third, you're not in the "friend" category, yet.

Old 04-11-2015, 06:23 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,280,880 times
If someone told me "take it easy on the booze'" i would probably get very defensive whether I had 5 sips or 5 glasses and would expect others to react the same.

I'm sure you can get your point across without putting it in the form of a demand.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
If someone told me "take it easy on the booze'" i would probably get very defensive whether I had 5 sips or 5 glasses and would expect others to react the same.

I'm sure you can get your point across without putting it in the form of a demand.
If I'm seeing ALL the signs of you drunk and I see you are getting hammered and I consider you my friend because we go way back (like 20 years), I think is different.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, no. Her point was that you're the person who your date barely knows. On the second date, or third, you're not in the "friend" category, yet.
I didn't tell her (the 2 to 3 dates girl) anything really. For me it was a gain at the end of the day, she was all mellow and hugging me and stuff.

But if I know a friend for 20 years and I see the pattern of getting hammered, well I will tell her. And you know what? When I told her about how my father died of a liver cancer because he was a heavy drinker, well she got the point that I was telling something because I was worried about her health.

So I guess sometimes you have to break the old "politically correct" code.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships