Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2015, 09:06 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,730,029 times

Advertisements

Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Most dudes I know wouldn't question this AT ALL....so it is kind strange that you are. Anyway if you think it is too much for you then maybe you should consider backing out if it doesn't die down in another month or so. That sexual incompatibility will eventually pull you two apart in the long run.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-06-2015 at 01:41 PM..

Old 05-05-2015, 09:18 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,286,187 times
Seriously?
I am not the one who thinks my girlfriend is going to cheat on me because she left one button unbuttoned.
I am not the one who thinks my girlfriend is going to cheat on me because she likes a lot of sex.
I am not the one who cannot keep up with my girlfriend's sexual needs.

and I am whining?

First I do not have a girlfriend I have a Husband.
After that I have no issues with what you are stating in all of your posts.
Next I am not the one posting intimate details of my life on a public forum.
Last I am not the one who does not remember what he has posted on previous threads in addition to this one.

PS ~~ If you think you are going to read only what you want to read that is an acceptable answer to you..........
write a blog and keep your issues off of a public forum.
You also have worn out your mild entertainment so I do wish you all you deserve in your lifetime.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:30 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,867,926 times
Dude, you scored! Are you trying to tell us you've never had a gf before who wanted a second helping? That's not believable. If you can't handle the current frequency, don't move in with her, because she'll probably expect it every day, then.

If you're for real about this, I can only say you should let your energizer bunny go, so she can make somebody else happy, and find yourself someone who's a better fit. Sexual compatibility's pretty important, and you don't have it with your gf. You can either get out now, or pretend you're ok with it, and wait for the situation to inevitably implode later, with a lot more drama involved.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:41 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,400,929 times
This is the girl you think dresses too "revealing" at work, right?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...irlfriend.html

Old 05-05-2015, 09:49 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,284,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
haha! OP, I've never heard anyone complain about frequency. Guys usually think they've died and gone to heaven with a gf like yours.
That's right. Finding a girl that has a high sex drive like that, which is unusual, would make your average guy feel lucky.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:13 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,926,648 times
omg
enjoy the ride until its over
buy some toys and please her manually while you give the lil fellar a rest

most women love [other things]...do this while you recover...jeez this is NOT a bad problem to have...

most of my relationships (when young) went like this...if its good, she wants it all the time at first...eventually this slows down, or she starts banging your friends, either way problem solved

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-06-2015 at 01:44 PM.. Reason: Not PG-13.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:18 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,987,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Sex addict.

It's real. Eventually you will not be enough for her. She will want more, maybe more people etc.

Just my thoughts. Like a chain smoker going to a stronger addiction.
OP: ^^^this^^^ That is pretty much on target but I want to add something not so obvious... sometimes sex addicts or manipulative women will say "wow, I've never had such great sex" or something to that effect (such as all my previous lovers sucked) to all their lovers. Sometimes it is true, but sometimes it is just a manipulation to get their hooks into you or to get you to try harder/do better or to have sex more frequently, etc. It is ego building yes, but it also may put the blinders on you; so please try to keep a level head.

Look, what it comes down to is this... you posted about your experience and concerns on this forum which to me indicates that you think there is a problem even if you cannot exactly articulate it. When sex becomes a job you aren't excited about or when its frequency interrupts your ability to be productive doing other things, use your head to figure out what is wrong and why. People have different sex drive levels, that's for sure, and if yours is drastically out of sync with your partner you may want to evaluate the long-term ramifications on your relationship.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:18 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,867,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
This is the girl you think dresses too "revealing" at work, right?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...irlfriend.html
OK, it's only his second relationship. That explains why he doesn't have an accurate idea of what the norm is for women his age.

She doesn't seem like you're type, OP. It sounds like you should join a church and look for women there. You need a conservative, repressed type. Try Catholics, Mormons, or Holy Rollers.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:23 AM

15,072 posts, read 10,118,026 times
Is it me or do people yell "Dump Him/Her" a bit too quickly?

My wife and I had somewhat compatible sex drives; albeit I was much more experienced and open about sexuality. As of 8 years ago, I have just as strong of a drive as when I first met her. My wife, absolutely none. It is currently an issue in our marriage... yes. I have no answer... at this time.

My point being... sex is the glue in a relationship. It is important... yes... BUT it is not the only aspect of the relationship. Her drive may be high now... but you have no idea what it will be like in the future... she may continue (like me). she may dwindle (like my wife). heck... you may suddenly feel frisky more than her...

You have no idea... but dumping her prematurely may deny you the opportunity to share your life with an otherwise perfect match...... Look all of the lonely "I can't find someone" threads... this is a tough dating world we live in... make you decisions wisely. The opportunity loss may be much greater than having a sexually driven girlfriend.

BTW>.....high sex drive doesn't equate to sex addiction.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:27 AM

11,804 posts, read 12,047,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belovenow View Post
When sex becomes a job you aren't excited about or when its frequency interrupts your ability to be productive doing other things, use your head to figure out what is wrong and why. People have different sex drive levels, that's for sure, and if yours is drastically out of sync with your partner you may want to evaluate the long-term ramifications on your relationship.

^^^^ This.

While many people are joking "wow, I wish I had your problem", the reality is that sex is supposed to be mutually enjoyable, not be made to feel like a chore that must be fulfilled every single time you see her (no to mention twice every time you see her).

I prefer sex to be spontaneous and desired, not a demand, obligation or expectation. Those would take the enjoyment out of it for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.