Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 10:46 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,412,101 times

Advertisements

Makes you wonder what she's looking for..... she says she has 'standards' and knows what she wants and won't settle? Ah, okay. Well, after 136 men, if she hasn't found anyone who met her standards yet she never will.

Even the sexist men still fart in their sleep and leave hair in the bathroom drain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 10:47 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,176,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Unfortunately men find women less attractive the older they get. Same as women.
Wrong

I think it's fair to say that a good number of younger women will go for older guys just for resources and sexual skills.

Some may say well they're gold diggers, yeah, but they're young gold diggers. There's no incentive to date an older woman

Old 05-12-2015, 10:50 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,217,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Wrong

I think it's fair to say that a good number of younger women will go for older guys just for resources and sexual skills.

Some may say well they're gold diggers, yeah, but they're young gold diggers. There's no incentive to date an older woman
Your theory is bogus. If it were true, the age ratio between women and men who are married would look something like 25:50. But it's not. It's more like 27:30. The vast majority of people who are married tend to be only a few years apart in age.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:58 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,438,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Some of us would feel destined for an eternity of nothing but Lifetime movies and ice cream after a few really bad online dates, but what about going on over 130 dates and still not finding Mr. Right?

Meet Belinda Stuckey, a 35-year-old school teacher from Sydney who claims she has gone on 136 dates in 17 months and has never taken her perspective suitors out for a second date.

This Woman Has Been on 130 Online Dates in 2 Years but Never on a Second Date
I don't buy it.

Shock value news. Not newsworthy.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:05 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,176,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
Your theory is bogus. If it were true, the age ratio between women and men who are married would look something like 25:50. But it's not. It's more like 27:30. The vast majority of people who are married tend to be only a few years apart in age.
I know that some want to reject reality and subsitute their own, but when there are large age, gaps a vast majority of the time the male is older.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:06 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,340,053 times
130 men and no second date? I don't feel bad for her one bit.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:08 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,151,157 times
Quote:
There's no incentive to date an older woman

On average:

Wiser
More worldly
More likely to have shared experiences and be at a similar place in life (a big one)
Far less uptight in bed
Less drama
Less a slave to materialism and image

Old 05-12-2015, 11:09 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,151,157 times
Quote:
I know that some want to reject reality and subsitute their own, but when there are large age, gaps a vast majority of the time the male is older.

And these occurrences are uncommon altogether.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:11 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,217,611 times
Quote:
Now you're speaking to an entirely different point. The only thing I'm saying is that the vast majority of couples are within a few years of each other.

As far as when there is a large age gap between two people, you may be right in that the male is older the majority of the time. Observationally speaking, this is what I've typically seen. However, these types of relationships are in the minority. The vast majority of couples are within a few years of each other.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:24 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,714,293 times
If the story is true (and just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it is) the woman is just way too picky. If she can't find anyone after 130+ men, she's dreaming and will never find "Mr. Right." But I think it's an attempt to say, "see, there are no good men out there." It's a slam against men (which I think has backfired to show how picky the women in the story is).

As for the discussion on age and dating, LaFleur is right. The vast majority of people are within 0-5 years of each other in age. Young women aren't flocking to old men or vice versa. Most people stick to their peers when dating. This is pretty clear if you ever look at marriage stats in the US. In fact, the trend of older men and much younger women is becoming less common (just read an article about this in Live Science). Basically, it was more common back in the 60s when you had "male breadwinner" and "female homemaker" as the model. The closing age gap correlates to women getting economic autonomy. The more the gap closes with income, the more the gap closes with age (the speculation is that is also the cause in this case as women don't need a man for his money as much as they used to).

Anyway, the US Census stats are currently 2% of marriages have the women as 10+ years older than the husband and 7% have the man 10+ years older than the wife. Combined, it's only 9% of the popular that marries with more than a 10 year age gap difference. Compare that to the 76% of couples who are within 5 years of each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships