Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 09:06 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,403,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
But, it has nothing to do with whether he cheated or not. That's the thing.

Even if he didn't cheat.. what he did was very wrong.
I agree, its something one shouldn't do in a relationship.

She needs to decide what recourse to take.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 09:07 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,998,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Nope.

But suggesting that it's eyebrow raising does little but prompt a chorus of protests that people should be implicitly trusted regardless of their behavior to the contrary. Apparently.

Trust is where she would trust him enough to not invite a woman to his hotel and have lunch behind her back.

All trust is gone once he does this.

This guy is nothing more than scum in my eyes, whether he cheated or not.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Nope.

But suggesting that it's eyebrow raising does little but prompt a chorus of protests that people should be implicitly trusted regardless of their behavior to the contrary. Apparently.

She doesn't NEED to make any accusations to let him know his conduct is unacceptable to her. All she needs to do is say "Your behavior is disrespectful of our relationship," and if he doesn't agree, proceed accordingly as she sees fit.
I believe, she already spoke to the bf about this, and he agreed to no further contact with this woman. I guess, its not enough....she seems bent on finding something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuenteazul View Post
Thank you. Yes I already told him to not talk to her anymore and he said he won't, but in the end, who knows. Sometimes I feel like you cannot trust anyone but yourself.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:27 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,232,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I believe, she already spoke to the bf about this, and he agreed to no further contact with this woman. I guess, its not enough....she seems bent on finding something.
I don't think still being upset with him means she is bent on finding something. Her trust was broken. That takes time and effort on both their parts to repair. And sometimes it's not reparable.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I don't think still being upset with him means she is bent on finding something. Her trust was broken. That takes time and effort on both their parts to repair. And sometimes it's not reparable.
What is there to do? He's taking the necessary step/s by severing contact with this woman (as requested). Are you suggesting she keeps a tracking device on him, relinquish all mobile devices (clear of all passwords) until her cup of trust is refilled? because thats what its probably going to take to put her mind as ease.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:58 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,745,452 times
The "cup of trust" doesn't necessarily GET refilled.

Or, more accurately, it often ceases to hold water effectively after breaking.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:06 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,232,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
What is there to do? He's taking the necessary step/s by severing contact with this woman (as requested). Are you suggesting she keeps a tracking device on him, relinquish all mobile devices (clear of all passwords) until her cup of trust is refilled? because thats what its probably going to take to put her mind as ease.
Here's the thing. He kept something from her. It was kind of a big deal. She doesn't trust him right now. If I were her, I don't know what I'd do. If I were him - I'd bend over backwards to try to earn her trust back. If that meant showing her all of my texts, checking in with her for awhile, etc. - I would do it. Not forever but until I had proved to her that she could trust me again.

Last edited by Dewdroplet76; 06-26-2015 at 11:02 PM..

Old 06-26-2015, 10:41 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,482,142 times
Quote:
The "cup of trust" doesn't necessarily GET refilled.

Or, more accurately, it often ceases to hold water effectively after breaking.
Pretty much.

Old 06-27-2015, 11:30 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,587,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuenteazul View Post
Good luck finding a woman that has NEVER cheated, not even when she was 18 years old. I'm sure many women tell you they haven't, but most of them have (in my experience).
Proud to say I am one of those rare women that's never cheated.

Old 06-28-2015, 02:43 AM

60 posts, read 52,974 times
Directed towards the Op,

I have read through some of these posts and I will say....THE OTHER WOMAN IS NOT TO BLAME!! I ghet so tired of US women blaming the other woman!
NO ONE CAN MAKE SOMEONE DO ANYTHING THEY DO NOT WANT TO DO IN THE FIRST PLACE...

You stated that he was with someone else when he met you? Correct? Were you a bad person a ho? Or just not in the know that he had a g/f?

It could be the same thing with this girl....
You need to hold him accountable for his ****...
Bottom line?
He should have never engage a woman in a bar in any conversation
He should have never given her his number he is spoken for is the way you behave? With other men?
Why would he agree to lunch with a complete stranger?

You need to wake uyp and assess things for what they really are and make decisions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships