Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 09:11 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,827,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
This explains your attitude towards infidelity
Maybe it's just me but when you're a young college kid who's in a relationship and you cheat, it's not as big of a deal as when someone who is married or lives together cheats. I mean almost everyone I know cheated on a boyfriend/girlfriend when they were in their early twenties, because very few people are serious at that age, you're still finding yourself. Its when you get into your mid-late twenties, early thirties that cheating becomes a pretty serious offense. I'm assuming the OP was pretty young when she cheated on her then boyfriend (since she's 27 now and has been in her current relationship for 3 years), so unless she's cheating now on her current, I think this is a pretty judgmental/stupid statement to make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 09:27 AM

16,959 posts, read 17,405,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
Maybe it's just me but when you're a young college kid who's in a relationship and you cheat, it's not as big of a deal as when someone who is married or lives together cheats. I mean almost everyone I know cheated on a boyfriend/girlfriend when they were in their early twenties, because very few people are serious at that age, you're still finding yourself. Its when you get into your mid-late twenties, early thirties that cheating becomes a pretty serious offense. I'm assuming the OP was pretty young when she cheated on her then boyfriend (since she's 27 now and has been in her current relationship for 3 years), so unless she's cheating now on her current, I think this is a pretty judgmental/stupid statement to make.
So, cheating only counts when you want it to count? Please! save the excuse for an idiot.

I love how cheaters try to justify their crap, Lol It really is funny!

Old 06-26-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
So, cheating only counts when you want it to count? Please! save the excuse for an idiot.

I love how cheaters try to justify their crap, Lol It really is funny!
No, cheating counts when it's serious, and this is coming from somebody who can honestly say I never cheated on anyone, it's called being a realist.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:16 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,750,615 times
Neither here nor there, but cheating isn't "more" or "less" serious depending on when or why you do it. It's still just cheating. It's still just dishonesty. That's called being a realist, too.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:20 AM

765 posts, read 989,469 times
Quote:
Well you have to make the decision to trust him or not, but if you choose not to trust him you really shouldn't be with him because you'll just be torturing yourself over this.

Maybe he left his ex for you because he was unhappy with her, I agree that people rarely leave a person their in a relationship with for someone else unless they are unhappy with the relationship. However sometimes it takes meeting someone else to realize how unhappy you really are.
1 Plus on this post

Don't waste your time being with someone who you think is cheating its just pathetic.

If a lady I had thou of this constantly I would just break it off and find another girl that won't be doin that crap

Old 06-26-2015, 11:01 AM

16,959 posts, read 17,405,679 times
Quote:
No, cheating counts when it's serious, and this is coming from somebody who can honestly say I never cheated on anyone, it's called being a realist.
So, you get to choose if it's serious or not, disregarding the other persons feelings?

I could very well go through my entire life not taking any relationship seriously, cheat on that person and say "hey it wasn't serious" it doesn't count.

Realist? Yea, really selfish, Lol! Lke I said, funny stuff!

Old 06-26-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Neither here nor there, but cheating isn't "more" or "less" serious depending on when or why you do it. It's still just cheating. It's still just dishonesty. That's called being a realist, too.
Everybody at one time or another has been dishonest with someone, if someone wants to act or pretend that they've been the pillar of honestly throughout their whole lives that's just a load of bull, and I wouldn't trust anybody who even said that! Even kids are dishonest in order to get out of trouble, it's instinct it happens, we're human. As we get older we learn more and know better, I am a far more honest now than I was in my late teens and early twenties, because I have grown. We excuse so many things in our lives with "oh I was young and stupid" why should cheating be excluded from that?

Old 06-26-2015, 11:05 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,750,615 times
Quote:
Everybody at one time or another has been dishonest with someone, if someone wants to act or pretend that they've been the pillar of honestly throughout their whole lives that's just a load of bull, and I wouldn't trust anybody who even said that!
Own it, though, and don't say, "Cheating doesn't count when it's not important (to me)."

Old 06-26-2015, 11:07 AM

Quote:
So, you get to choose if it's serious or not, disregarding the other persons feelings?

I could very well go through my entire life not taking any relationship seriously, cheat on that person and say "hey it wasn't serious" it doesn't count.

Realist? Yea, really selfish, Lol! Lke I said, funny stuff!

How many 21 year olds have you met that said they were serious with someone? I'm sure not very many and if you did, you'd probably laugh at them. If you want to go through your whole life not being serious with someone, that's fine but I'm sure you wouldn't live with or marry someone you are not serious about.

When you're in college you don't even know who you really are yet, let alone who you want to end up with. I'm not saying cheating is right or ok, I'm saying it's forgivable when it happens at this time in your life, and doesn't predict that you will be a cheater for the rest of your life, which is what the others on this thread are saying.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Own it, though, and don't say, "Cheating doesn't count when it's not important (to me)."
No, cheating is a forgivable offense when you're young and inexperienced it is also not an indication that you will be a cheater for the rest of your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships