Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 12:59 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
Exactly. This is a valid subject and it's juvenile to label this a "man-bashing" thread. Has nothing to do with that. Clearly they don't appreciate the validity of topic.
I specialize in BS detection and your threads always have a undertone of man hate to them... to say otherwise just simply isn't factually correct.

This thread is stupid and is clearly a vehicle to rag on men... plain and simple...

I was born at night...

Just not last night.......

Plus as a side detractor, you're calling wolf to real situations such as something that Sidney went through....

Don't call a ****ing rude person to a waiter a dangerous man... don't you see how completely stupid that is??? I mean really

Last edited by Chowhound; 06-28-2015 at 01:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 01:16 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,846,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I specialize in BS detection and your threads always have a undertone of man hate to them... to say otherwise just simply isn't factually correct.

This thread is stupid and is clearly a vehicle to rag on men... plain and simple...

I was born at night...

Just not last night.......

Plus as a side detractor, you're calling wolf to real situations such as something that Sidney went through....

Don't call a ****ing rude person to a waiter a dangerous man... don't you see how completely stupid that is??? I mean really
There is no BS here. That is you putting your spin on what you WANT this to be.

Additionally, if you google "warnings signs of dangerous men" you will see that "rude to the waitstaff" is almost always on the list. Professionals tell women to keep an eye out for this because it correlates with lack of respect for people the man deems "beneath" him.

This is all valid. So you can contribute something worthwhile to this thread, or you can waste your time stubbornly insisting that it's something other than it actually is.

Old 06-28-2015, 01:31 AM

479 posts, read 431,974 times
Dangerous. You know, like dangerous for your heart.

Old 06-28-2015, 06:11 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,779 times
Older men preying on younger women.
Those tend to be males who want control etc

Old 06-28-2015, 08:45 AM

9,100 posts, read 6,321,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
For me, a woman with addiction or anger issues is dangerous, because she lacks self control. It would stress me out.
For me, a woman who is sexually active but not on birth control is dangerous (since current male protection methods are far less than 100% effective).

Old 06-28-2015, 09:17 AM

9,100 posts, read 6,321,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeblywobbly View Post
OP, I'm a little concerned here. You've posted several threads over the past month or two, asking advice about guys that seem 'predatory', in your words. There could be a couple of things going on here:

1. You really need to change your environment. Work, only so much you can do there. But you keep saying that you're surrounded by controlling, arrogant dudes, possibly dangerous dudes. You mentioned this one dude that's trying to ruin your reputation. Where are you that the concentration of idiots is so high?

2. Your picker is broken. You've mentioned several times that you keep dating guys that turn out to be not just jerks, but men who seem to be on edge. Why do you keep picking these type of men? You need to ask yourself that question. Is there some trauma in your past that makes you repeat this harmful behavior?

3. Reading into things too much. I'm hesitant to bring this up, but is it possible that you're projecting some of these things. Like, a guy you might deem dangerous is only a jerk at his worst. I'm wondering if for some of these dudes, a simple 'get lost' would suffice, but you keep agonizing over things.

4. Feeding on drama. This kind of goes back to #2. Again, you've mentioned several times that you keep picking dudes that aren't just jerky, but are potentially dangerous. Is there some sort of underlying thrill? I'm dead serious. Because you also seem a bit obsessed with the idea that you're surrounded by all these certifiable dudes, but you're not really doing too much to change things. Like that one co-worker. Did you ever bring HR down on him?

Seriously, I think you need to do some soul searching here.
I also hold the impression that this OP has a disproportionate share of problems with men when compared with women in general, however I never would have articulated it as well as you have done.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:49 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,814,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
When it comes to dating, most of us know the obvious warning signs of a dangerous man, such as treating the waitstaff disrespectfully or trying to move the relationship along at too fast of a pace.
The truly dangerous men, like Wilson Fisk in the Netflix show Daredevil, treat waitstaff respectfully and progress at the woman's level of comfort. So if your dinner date is interrupted by a Russian mobster entering the restaurant wishing to speak to your date and a bunch of flunkies working for your date stand up to stop him and you have to abruptly leave the restaurant, don't go out with that person anymore.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:12 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
The truly dangerous men, like Wilson Fisk in the Netflix show Daredevil, treat waitstaff respectfully and progress at the woman's level of comfort. So if your dinner date is interrupted by a Russian mobster entering the restaurant wishing to speak to your date and a bunch of flunkies working for your date stand up to stop him and you have to abruptly leave the restaurant, don't go out with that person anymore.
The OP should watch True Detective tonight for signs for truly dangerous men. I like the OP, and this is not attack at all, but there does seem to be a common denominator here. The men she associates with.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:14 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,700,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Do you think I'm the type of guy that takes some kind of pleasure in women being victimized??? I love women... I love my mother, my gf, my MIL.....

LOL... do you think I would actively partake in any activity that would denigrate the safety and welfare of anyone???

Do I come off like that here... LOL..

I hope not....

I realize that your post was a reaction to a horrible event that some man perpetuated... and to be honest with you I wished that we lived in small tribes like we used to a long long time ago... cause the men folk would have dealt with men like him in a way that would have made the Mob envious........

You follow what I'm saying here?????

I make no bones about how I'd deal with a man that hurt any woman or person I loved........ I'm a kind man.... to a degree....You **** with those around me and the narrative changes.....

That... my friend you can take to the bank...

One warning sign to me is when a guy says : "I love women" , but does not accept their opinions and says what is right or wrong instead. = Walking over womans voice.

Some of these men who are saying "I love women" tries also define what a woman is and who is a real woman and who is not.

"Women does not", "women supposed to not" etc.

Women are in all colors with all type of life experiences and opinions.

People are not too sensitive, they are able to choose their warning signs as they see the best.

Also men who tries to say : "That did not happend". If someone tries to prove something did not happend even it did, that is a sign.

All narcissistic, controlling and bullying traits. If he is bullying others I don't go into further knownship. Critizing, ordering, trying to force into "compromice" which actually is pushing a girl to choose what he wants. All manipulating and lying traits.

Yes, I am happy with these few friends and a husband, I don't take any poop from anyone. There are many dangerous men out there and women should trust into those little sign that they are getting. People go worse, not better.

If you feel he does not treat you well, he does not treat you well. And I mean initial and genuine feeling in real context.

Old 06-28-2015, 01:30 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
Personally, I've always enjoyed "dangerous men".

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships