Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2015, 10:13 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,848,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
When women are 18-30 they don't have a problem with men's preference to date younger. Freshman girls dated seniors. College bound girls liked to date guys that finished college and have money coming in instead of broke college students. Young women that finished college prefer to date men that have moved up the ladder or hold prestigious professional positions. Women are hypergamous and prefer to date men that are >= to them in status and success; men know this since about high school.

It isn't until women get 35+ that they start having an issue with men wanting to date younger because they are no longer the beneficiaries of male dating behavior. Women look for status and success, men look for youth and beauty. This is male behavior and it will never change.

In regards to what you have to offer it just shows to me that you don't understand male thinking. What attracts a man to a woman isn't the same as what attracts a woman to a man. You are looking at this from a woman's POV and don't know how men think.

Experience? I guess you are talking about life experience here? A lot of sexual experience is a turn off. Life experience is meh, not really an asset. Women like a worldly experienced man, men don't value it nearly as much in a woman.

House and Car. Again meh. I understand that a woman would see that as a bonus for a man to have his own house and a nice car, but the same is not true for men. Having a car these days is pretty standard, its a negative if you don't have a car but standard if you do. If you have a really nice car that's nice too but its not the same for men. You always hear that a nice truck or a super nice car is a vagina magnet but you don't hear them being penis magnets.

Career. Men don't really care what you do for a living or how much you make. We know that women do though.

2 kids. This is NOT something you have to offer. If anything it is a man deterrent and a big one at that.

Confidence. Women are attracted to confidence, for men its not nearly as important. A serious lack of confidence is a turn off for men but a confident woman isn't necessarily a turn on.

I'll speak in general on male wants and desires so this is a generalization and there are always exceptions. This is what men in general are attracted to and want:
  • What she looks like. Everyone knows physical attraction is important to men
  • Affection, loving, warmth. It is how she makes us feel when we are around her. If she makes us feel like a $M and like a man she is a keeper.
  • Fertility for any men that want to have kids. Their own kids, not someone elses kids.
  • Long hair
  • Height weight proportionate.
  • Not crazy
  • Not stupid

Part of your friends problem is she meets successful men on a regular basis. Successful men can probably do better and younger then her. A woman's best years to find a good man is 25-30, she is well past that. She is competing with women that are 10-20 years younger then her and it doesn't sound like she is doing well in that competition.

This article was written by a woman that goes into detail what this thread is about.
Why women lose the dating game
Buddy, I am in college right now. College students are dating each. Only I know one girl who is not due religious reasons.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihustleformylastname View Post
Yeah they're rich which means they can get the kind of woman they actually want and not have to settle.
Most of those relationship do not work out.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:23 PM

13,656 posts, read 9,717,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I wouldn't trade my youth for the wisdom I have gained.

We all age.
But what of those who have grown aged, without having become wise?

Quote:
... But as they get older,(35+) and they their beauty starts to fade and and all their friends are married, and their biological clock starts ticking and they start getting desperate, then that's when men start to have all the advantages in dating. And older man, who looks decent, and who has a decent job, and his own place and no kids becomes the cream of the crop and he has his choices of women his age AND younger chicks.
If "all their friends are married", then presumably these women are in a small minority. And if the number of such remaining women is small, how is it that the remaining men "have all the advantages"? Many older men look "decent", with jobs of no mean decency, and decency alike in attributes of personage and position. What of it?

Quote:
Men get judged by what kind of job his has, or how much money he has or would he be a good provider. Women get judged on their looks. That's just the way it is.
This simple world of pat and clear quantification, where all are ranked and incontrovertibly aligned, and each from each array is paired with exact counterpart from the other… where is this world? Show it to me. I yearn to inhabit it.

Instead, there is no simple mark or scheme. Some offer much, and yet are arrantly neglected. Others thrive. The cause?

Old 07-23-2015, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Lol, don't matter, when you got that kind of bread a woman can easily be replaced. And looking at somebody like Derek Jeter's resume, I don't see how going from Minka Kelly to Hannah Davis is a bad thing.
Yea I like guys just for their physical appearance and it ends up crashing burning badly.

Old 07-24-2015, 12:07 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyspruen View Post
I have a question for the older ladies. Do you find that men your age appreciate what you have to offer or are they mostly going for younger women?
That's an interesting question. I often wondered, when I was young, why all the girls my age only wanted to date older guys?

I know the answer, now. I also know the answer to your question. Its simple, really, in both cases. Both men and women look out for themselves, generally.

I bucked the trend, though, and married a gal 4 years my senior... that was 30 years ago and we're still together and happy.

Last edited by Salmonburgher; 07-24-2015 at 12:22 AM..

Old 07-24-2015, 12:16 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,530,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
No. Maybe its you guys that cant handle reality. Here is a little graph from Psychology Today

So instead of blaming men, why not use your best years to find a lifetime partner and stick with him?

Isnt that graph from "Pedophile Today"?

Old 07-24-2015, 12:43 AM

348 posts, read 372,376 times
Quote:
Exactly. They want an easy life and they can't handle being challenged.
Yes, yes, they do. Men by and large don't want to be "challenged" by their women. They get that every day their entire lives esp. at work. They want to come home to a sanctuary of acceptance, and nurturing, and warmth and reception.

Last edited by SAL9000; 07-24-2015 at 12:53 AM..

Old 07-24-2015, 12:54 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,619,738 times
Majority of you ladies are clueless.

Why does 40 something man choose to date a hot woman in her 20's???????

S E X

It's ALWAYS about S E X.

What man doesn't dream of sleeping with a tight bodied youthful woman????

A woman in her 30's or 40's CANNOT COMPETE with a hot woman in her 20's. Just the way it is.

I thought you all would be able to figure this out by now.

Old 07-24-2015, 02:56 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
Quote:
I wouldn't cry, that's apart of the game. Men get judged by what kind of job his has, or how much money he has or would he be a good provider. Women get judged on their looks. That's just the way it is.
lol yeah back in 1960 maybe. Plenty of women with decent jobs they don't need a man to support them. This thread is cracking me up with all the generalizations. Please someone make it stop. I can date older women that make more money than me easily because I have the looks and the personality.
Not all women want some controlling fat slob just because he has money/social status.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:12 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,456,213 times
Quote:
How am I being ageist? I said that men my own age aren't interested in me. If I was to go with a man older than me, wouldn't that make him (and me) ageist?
What do you want me to tell you? If men your age aren't interested in you, what are your options? You can complain some more or forget about age and find men who are attracted to you regardless of your relative ages.

Your chances of finding a suitable partner are better if you are open to dating older men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships