Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 07:27 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,361,090 times

Advertisements

So you get that jealous before you are even involved with someone? Oh my. That's not good. You are setting yourself up for a lifetime of pain.
I have always been the jealous type. There are books for it, there are therapists which can help (same sex therapist highly recommended, btw). It has alot to do with us having self esteem issues. If we are feeling really good about who we are, and not trying to impress or "get" a man and try to control him so much, we're okay.

Now, if you are with someone, romantically involved with that is, and he is openly flirting, touching and coming onto another woman or women, that's a different story. Run for the hills if that happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2015, 07:29 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,461,642 times
Girls "talk" to multiple guys as well. Cuts both ways.

Old 08-03-2015, 07:42 PM

76 posts, read 66,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_Socialite View Post
I find that people tend to be in the "talking" phase with multiple people. I kind get why, but it makes me so uncomfortable. I like to be the "apple of someone's eye" and I get pretty jealous. I'm not ashamed to admit. Jealousy is a normal and perfectly human reaction, a flaw we all have little to no control over.

Myself personally, when I'm "talking" to someone I'm pretty exclusive about it. Once I'm smitten, my eyes only see but one person, and I couldn't even dare dream of breathing near another man. I'm too cheesy for words.

I was once talking to a guy, and when I found out I wasn't the only girl he was talking to, I got so angry and upset. I've decided that if I have to compete, I have already lost. The idea that i was just a fish grouped with other fish, his affection was the bait, and he was the fisherman waiting for one of us to bite.
Don't you "talk" to males ?

Socialization is what its called. I am jealous but I put limits on it if my SO is "talking" to other girls I won't get upset about he socializing I would get upset if he is taking the talking to flirting.

Old 08-03-2015, 07:49 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Because they can, honestly. It's not against the rules and that jealousy is really unattractive. Better you disqualify yourself before he drops you, I guess.

Old 08-03-2015, 07:53 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,950 times
You simply cannot own some elses time or attention before you know if you even trust one another. And it is wise not to settle on someone right off any more than you would purchase the first item you lay eyes on. This stuff takes time.

Old 08-03-2015, 08:33 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
The talking phase as in the getting to know you phase.

You know you're not really official, but you're on that path of being a possible romantic partner.

I just don't want to feel like an option.

You may not want to feel like it, but you are only an option.

At least you will out yourself as crazy pretty quickly.

Of course we want to someone to be absolutely smitten with the wonderful being that we are, but you've got to give him a chance to know you before he feels that way.

I think you will find that extreme jealousy is a turn-off to both genders. If you know you are all that and a bag of chips, you won't care if he is talking to other women, you know you will come out as the one he likes.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-03-2015, 11:32 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,700,283 times
Talking in friends level - normal

Flirting with other girls - a playa

Old 08-03-2015, 11:37 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
I find that people tend to be in the "talking" phase with multiple people. I kind get why, but it makes me so uncomfortable. I like to be the "apple of someone's eye" and I get pretty jealous. I'm not ashamed to admit. Jealousy is a normal and perfectly human reaction, a flaw we all have little to no control over.

Myself personally, when I'm "talking" to someone I'm pretty exclusive about it. Once I'm smitten, my eyes only see but one person, and I couldn't even dare dream of breathing near another man. I'm too cheesy for words.

I was once talking to a guy, and when I found out I wasn't the only girl he was talking to, I got so angry and upset. I've decided that if I have to compete, I have already lost. The idea that i was just a fish grouped with other fish, his affection was the bait, and he was the fisherman waiting for one of us to bite.
So if I am reading this correctly if you are smitten with someone but not yet dating, exclusive, engaged or married he is not supposed to talk to other women?

My goodness what is going to happen when you are actually in a real relationship?
Clingy, jealous, needy and possessive are not traits to be proud of and you may be swimming in the
"Pond of Single" for a very long time if you continue this behavior.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:48 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,119,432 times
Quote:

He is not your type, nothing good will come of this, it will all end in tears.......
I am a one person at a time dater also, even in the talking phase. to get to know someone its only fare to judge them on their own merits, not in comparison to 3 or 4 other people. I am always up front about that from day one. if he already met you and feels he has to go out with a few other girls before he makes up his mind, he is not that into you.

Old 08-04-2015, 02:00 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Why do guys "talk" to other girls?
Because "talking" is the primary means by which human beings communicate with one another.

What's your confusion here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships