Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 12:27 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,154,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I tell everyone I'm 25 so instead of thinking that I'm a hot 39 year old - maybe they think I'm an old looking 25 year old! Hahahaha!
Ha! I love telling people that I'm 45 (truth). I just told this to someone I was having lunch with and her jaw dropped!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 12:38 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times
Orlando,

It is SO refreshing to see a man post, who rejects the somewhat typical All-Women-Need-To-Be-Barbie mindset among some men. And by that I mean:

The forever smooth, wrinkle free skin that only plastic and chemical compounds can give you.
The ridiculously taut figure perfect body proportions that only extreme measures like plastic surgery can give you.

I think it's pretty sexy that you are so open minded and attracted to mature women who are fit and work hard to keep their looks...and have also acquired some inner loveliness, character, intelligence and self-confidence along the way to 40 and beyond.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:39 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
People in general just seem to look older in the past. A friend and I were talking about this the other day. He was watching reruns of All in the family... remember Archie Bunker and Edith? They were in their late 40s in that show! They look like people do today in their 60s! I think a lot of it is people (including women) are taking better care of themselves as others have pointed out and it shows... people look better.
Yeah, same with the Mary Tyler Moore show. Remember that one? When I was a kid and my parents watched it, the people all seemed so old to me, not surprisingly. But, even now, if I catch a rerun on TV, they seem much older than people the same age on sitcoms today. Mary Tyler Moore was only in her 30s when that show was at its height of popularity.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:40 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,204,853 times
A bit OT, I don't know about mature women, but mature men sure are getting hotter looking.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:41 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post

I have admitted to lying about my age on this forum before. If you don't have a fake ID with your fake younger age, you are just an amateur.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Ha! I love telling people that I'm 45 (truth). I just told this to someone I was having lunch with and her jaw dropped!
Well, I was sort of kidding. I do tell people I'm 25 - but only as a joke. I mean, sometimes they believe it if they don't know me at all - but seeing as how I have two children and a husband - I think most people know I'm joking. I then reveal my real age - which most people don't believe! Of course, they might just be being nice - but it still feels good!

Old 08-05-2015, 12:41 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,630,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Orlando,

It is SO refreshing to see a man post, who rejects the somewhat typical All-Women-Need-To-Be-Barbie mindset among some men.

I think it's pretty sexy that you are so open minded and attracted to mature women who are fit and work hard to keep their looks...and have also acquired some inner loveliness, character, intelligence and self-confidence along the way to 40 and beyond.
Well thanks. I know I sometimes rub people the wrong way here but i have a kind side too

Old 08-05-2015, 12:50 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
A bit OT, I don't know about mature women, but mature men sure are getting hotter looking.
Hell, yeah!

Old 08-05-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Well thanks. I know I sometimes rub people the wrong way here but i have a kind side too
We always knew it was under there, somewhere, orlando.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:54 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Well, I was sort of kidding. I do tell people I'm 25 - but only as a joke. I mean, sometimes they believe it if they don't know me at all - but seeing as how I have two children and a husband - I think most people know I'm joking. I then reveal my real age - which most people don't believe! Of course, they might just be being nice - but it still feels good!
I always tell my real age, because it's just kind of awkward for someone to think I'm in my early-mid 20s... with a 10, 7, and 4 year old (the oldest of whom is nearly my height) . Although on two separate occasions someone thought the Mr. was my father; that was all sorts of creepy, especially considering he's only 6 months older than me.

Old 08-05-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I always tell my real age, because it's just kind of awkward for someone to think I'm in my early-mid 20s... with a 10, 7, and 4 year old (the oldest of whom is nearly my height) . Although on two separate occasions someone thought the Mr. was my father; that was all sorts of creepy, especially considering he's only 6 months older than me.

LOL. You should start a thread with that. Be fun to see what all the CD guys who insist women are ancient by 35, but men only get better would say about that. The same happened several times with my ex-husband, though he is 12 years older. Needless to say, he wasn't a happy camper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships