Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you date this person?
Yes 10 19.23%
No 42 80.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 02:31 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,768,175 times

Advertisements

I'm super pro-choice but a woman who puts herself into that situation where an abortion is necessary so many times clearly lacks common sense which makes it a hell naw on whether I'd date her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 02:32 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
She is just a loud person overall and shares everything.
This ^^^ probably would be more of a dealbreaker to me.

Overall, the two combined make her sound like an idiot. So no, I would not date her.

Abortion is not supposed to be birth control.

Old 08-09-2015, 02:34 PM

102,226 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
A former friend of mine is now in her late 20s and for a number of years was quite promiscuous. At the last time we were really talking, she had three abortions, and that was several years back. Best I can remember, the fathers were different and they weren't serious.

She apparently ended up settling down and marrying a guy and they had a child together.

Would you date someone who had numerous, purposeful abortions in their past?
Aren't all abortions "purposeful"?

Most guys would't know how many abortions a woman has had. It's not info many women volunteer.

Old 08-09-2015, 02:35 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,748,112 times
I'm pro choice, always have been.

I don't think women should be using abortion as birth control. I mean I get that things happen, but IDK.... I would think that most women are pretty heavily conflicted with the decision and I imagine it can't be an easy decision.....

There are certain things that make me thankful for being a man.

Growing a life inside of your body is pretty heavy stuff......

Last edited by Chowhound; 08-09-2015 at 02:44 PM..

Old 08-09-2015, 02:41 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,184,405 times
I only know of one friend that has had more than one abortion. She just got married. She's actually a great person and I'm hoping that she is more responsible in her 30's than she was in her 20's. She did feel really bad about it and felt like a crappy person. I only know because I was really close friends with her when she was getting an abortion.

I feel like if that's all you know about someone - it's hard to think that they would be a decent person. But if you know them already and know that they are a good person that made some mistakes - it's a bit different.

That being said, like others here, I'm pro choice but do not think that abortion should be used as a method of birth control. And not just for moral reasons - any kind of miscarriage is hard on the body mentally and emotionally.

Old 08-09-2015, 02:43 PM

34,940 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I'm super pro-choice but a woman who puts herself into that situation where an abortion is necessary so many times clearly lacks common sense which makes it a hell naw on whether I'd date her.
I bet you'd be amazed at how many women have had one. Or more than one.

People just do not do what the OP is describing and run around telling everyone about how they had that happen.

And you are dating women right now who'd put themselves in a situation where an abortion may be necessary IF YOU EVER HAVE SEX.

Birth control can fail and there can be very wrong times to have kids. There can be complications... the list of possibilities are endless.

The only way to avoid ever having to consider an abortion is if you NEVER HAVE SEX.

Which is something that most humans on this forum do not tend to be avoiding.

Old 08-09-2015, 02:53 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,209,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

People just do not do what the OP is describing and run around telling everyone about how they had that happen.

And you are dating women right now who'd put themselves in a situation where an abortion may be necessary IF YOU EVER HAVE SEX.

Birth control can fail and there can be very wrong times to have kids. There can be complications... the list of possibilities are endless.

The only way to avoid ever having to consider an abortion is if you NEVER HAVE SEX.

Aye.

https://www.guttmacher.org/media/pre...sandfacts.html

Quote:
Half of pregnancies among American women are unintended, and about four in 10 of these end in abortion.

About half of American women will have an unintended pregnancy, and nearly 3 in 10 will have an abortion, by age 45.
Also:

https://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/gpr/10/2/gpr100208.html

Quote:
About half of all U.S. women having an abortion have had one previously.
I am with Ruth on this: It's not something women often talk about. Can't say I blame them, with the way zealots and other judgmental types try to shame them for it. But beyond that, if I had one, I doubt I would tell any prospective partner about it. It's just none of his business. Can't say I've ever dated anyone who was sufficiently lacking in class to ask, either.

Old 08-09-2015, 02:56 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,768,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

I get if a woman has one abortion due to circumstances but three like in the OP just shows a women who ain't learned her lesson or anything about more proactive birth control.

Old 08-09-2015, 02:57 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
I get if a woman has one abortion due to circumstances but three like in the OP just shows a women who ain't learned her lesson or anything about more proactive birth control.
... or it's just another made-up post.

Old 08-09-2015, 03:04 PM

34,940 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Or... she's just been unlucky and she's very fertile. Or she started having sex too young.

You just really don't ever know. I do agree that she's pretty stupid to be running around announcing this to people. You might have already dated more than one female who has had an abortion/abortions, but if she never tells you and you never ask (and it's tacky to ask), then hey... you can only go on what you see of her while you are dating and if she conducts herself in a manner that is decent, what more can you do?

I think this woman is just very OPEN. Some people are okay with that. Others are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships