Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 02:50 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,008,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
It's not a serious problem,Im just a fickle girl who falls in love easily and am wild and sensitive,attributes im very proud of thank you very much,no need to iron me out
Aw, that sounds so sweet. I doubt the boys you blew off would agree.

Let's not forget that YOU were the one who came here and asked this:

Quote:
Does anyone know how to fix this as I really want to be in a committed relationship,I really want to develop a deep relationship rather than all this superficial non stop talking with boys all the time.
"Does anyone know how to fix this?"

Yes, we do, but you don't want to fix it, apparently. You just want to make excuses and continue getting that desperately needed affirmation from new boys, without regard for their feelings or your long-term health.

Ah, but grief is the price of love. ***sigh***
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2015, 02:51 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,461,630 times
is this the same Fiji that started to seriously address mental health only within the last decade?

Mental health in that part of the world hasn't been prevalent because nobody was looking for it. It has only been within the last decade that they have started to seriously address mental health and put funding and research towards it.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:52 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,916,539 times
So okay. Don't get any help, don't try to change. Go on being unable to sustain a meaningful relationship. If you are happy being unstable, fickle, and uncommitted, because you are "passionate" and "artistic," then why bother asking about how to change that? Somehow, however, I think those happy folks in Fiji are doing better at sustaining committed relationships that you are.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:55 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,338,187 times
Lol I wouldn't be surprised,I admit I did ask for help in being in a commited relationship as this isn't working for me,I will admit that for sure,but saying I'm mentally ill its absurdity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
So okay. Don't get any help, don't try to change. Go on being unable to sustain a meaningful relationship. If you are happy being unstable, fickle, and uncommitted, because you are "passionate" and "artistic," then why bother asking about how to change that? Somehow, however, I think those happy folks in Fiji are doing better at sustaining committed relationships that you are.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:56 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,008,529 times
Quote:
...but saying I'm mentally ill its absurdity.
No one has said that.

Old 08-11-2015, 04:11 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,773,017 times
Quote:
She may be chronically in her 20s, but the fact that she calls men "boys" means that she's still very much just a "girl."
Yea...

Chronologically she is in her 20s, but emotionally she is a child.

Old 08-11-2015, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Knight shining armor?
Are we are 12 here?
You need think with your brain instead of *****!
OP:

Are you the damsel in distress looking for a knight in shining armor to rescue you?

Old 08-11-2015, 04:18 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,223,227 times
Hey, its not wrong to take a few flings before settling down. Some people need more time to settle down than others. Maybe you are not ready for a relationship just yet.

Old 08-11-2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
OP said she has great self esteem, and she said she wants a knight in shining armor. Those two things are don't go together. One with great self esteem does not need or want a knight in shining armor.

OP--I have very serious doubts that you are truly in your late 20s. If so, you are emotionally very immature. Work on yourself or wait a 10 years until you actually are in your twenties.

And stop watching Disney princess movies.
My husband had a female friend who was like the OP.

She was born in 1983, but she has the emotional maturity of a teenager.

To her my husband was her knight in shining armor when we were dating as well as after we got engaged.

And since he was her knight in shining armor, she wanted the two of them to live happily ever after.

Their friendship ended shortly after we got engaged for several reasons.

Old 08-11-2015, 04:57 PM

7,682 posts, read 1,272,977 times
Quote:
So okay. Don't get any help, don't try to change. Go on being unable to sustain a meaningful relationship. If you are happy being unstable, fickle, and uncommitted, because you are "p"assionate" and "artistic," then why bother asking about how to change that? Somehow, however, I think those happy folks in Fiji are doing better at sustaining committed relationships that you are.
I agree.

Being in a loving relationship requires that you actually listen to your partner, and care about the your love's welfare by encouraging them to be the best they can be. Clearly, the OP is incapable of doing this. All of the attention must be focused on her--there is no room for another person in her life when her life is "All About Me." There is nothing inherently wrong with being self-serving as long as the OP understands that she will never have that deep meaningful relationship she claims to crave with another person unless she chooses to change. It doesn't matter whether or not she flits from relationship to relationship--eventually her shallowness will be discovered and not tolerated, OR....the OP will find someone equally as shallow and one of two things will occur 1) it'll be a match made in heaven or 2) the OP will get dumped and MAYBE THEN she will realize what it's like to be on the other side of such shabby treatment.

Sooner or later Life has a way of balancing the scorecard. What goes around comes around. Karma can be a b*tch...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships