Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 07:33 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,500,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Is it shady if a person you are dating and considering entering a relationship with (though possibly they have other ideas) won't accept your facebook friend request. He has stated facebook is too much drama.
Does he use FB a lot? If so, then not accepting the request might be indicative of something (like, he doesn't want you to see what he's posting on FB or he doesn't want his other 'friends' to see the relationship). If he's not a frequent user, maybe he figures there's no point to it.

[the 'drama' excuse is weak]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 07:34 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,160,813 times
I don't think it's remotely shady. When I was dating, I did not want to be Facebook friends with someone I was dating unless/until we entered an exclusive relationship. My reasoning is: I want to get to know him (and vice versa) in the real world, not via the carefully curated images we put out there for everyone else to see.

And why would you need to be Facebook friends, anyway?

My husband didn't even have Facebook when we started dating. I eventually set up an account for him, and he uses it, but he probably wouldn't have one otherwise!

Old 08-14-2015, 07:39 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,500,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
I don't think it's remotely shady. When I was dating, I did not want to be Facebook friends with someone I was dating unless/until we entered an exclusive relationship. My reasoning is: I want to get to know him (and vice versa) in the real world, not via the carefully curated images we put out there for everyone else to see.

And why would you need to be Facebook friends, anyway?

My husband didn't even have Facebook when we started dating. I eventually set up an account for him, and he uses it, but he probably wouldn't have one otherwise!
This is reasonable.

[]

Old 08-14-2015, 08:25 PM

48,581 posts, read 34,973,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Is it shady if a person you are dating and considering entering a relationship with (though possibly they have other ideas) won't accept your facebook friend request. He has stated facebook is too much drama.

What the heck does that mean?!!!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-14-2015, 09:42 PM

203 posts, read 172,955 times
People still don't understand how dangerous FB is and use it like it's some sort of benign means of communicating. Should be avoided at all costs.

Old 08-10-2017, 05:40 PM

2 posts, read 688 times
My partner of 17 years won't add me on f.book says it's workmates only..don't want to be added but he's taken the add friend button off and by accident I came across a secret twitter account 3 years ago he'd been tweeting the female workmates and her him upto 5 times a day and then I see he's liked all her pics on Facebook he's worked with her every night for 8 years and I'd never heard of her..astounded to find out he'd visited her at home when she had a broken leg the week I was in hospital with pneumonia and he couldn't visit me..I confronted him and he said she was just a work friend and he visited once with friends ..he has his phone tattooed to him and even at 3am if he goes to the bathroom phone goes too..and password ..he swears nothing happened but I know from tweets and he had her phone number and they txt and what's app and snap chatted each other..I gave him the benefit of the doubt and he eventually apologized after 2 years saying he had hurt my feelings and maybe over stepped the mark..I explained how disrepectful it was and he just had to be truthful about it and I wouldn't have had a problem..finally a few months ago I told him enough now take her off Facebook Twitter and delete number she's moved jobs and got a partner now. He did and hasn't added her but I know he's put the number back in his phone..I politely txt her several months ago for closure as my gut was saying somethings not right..she said ..he visited twice and both times on his own and her dad was there..nothing ever happened they were only ever friends..I thanked her . I asked him again about visiting and he sat and lied to my face..he went once ..oops twice but both times with 4 work mates all lads..I called him and he was gobsmacked..and said he didn't tell me as didn't want to hurt my feelings..now I can't believe a word or trust a thing he says .so it looks like he can keep his privacy on Facebook and change his status to single..I've never met one person he works with in 8 years so shady ..sneaky I think so..welcome to Facebook and a single life mate have fun ..fake a life !

Old 08-10-2017, 10:16 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,882,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickandtired50 View Post
My partner of 17 years won't add me on f.book says it's workmates only..
When lying comes naturally, there's always a logical story, usually ending with: "and that's why YOU'RE the crazy one."
Lesson learned, trust your instincts, it's no fun to live with someone you're suspicious of anyway, concrete proof or not.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:27 AM

888 posts, read 556,847 times
My friend is doing online dating right now. She has guys wanting to add her to facebook before they have even met. It seems they just want to keep adding to the friend list or something. I mean why add someone you haven't even met yet? She said she wouldn't accept anyone's friend request until they were actually friends. But people put way too much emphasis on this stuff. it really doesn't matter. I don't think my husband even has one picture of me on his, he barely uses it and it doesn't bother me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships