Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 07:09 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,361,425 times

Advertisements

"Strong chemistry"

Really? Doesn't sound so strong to me. It is strong if you are doing similar things to him as he was to you. In your own words you "gave little".

I think quite simply this is a case of "wanting what you can't have". When you had it you didn't want it, now it is more appealing to you since you are not so sure you have it anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 07:11 PM

422 posts, read 447,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I know all about the race issues believe me!!! I'm not a racist my self but the environment I was brought up in all white kid ( in London can't begin to tell ya how rare that is ) It wasn't a healthy one for the race relations board at the UN shall we say.....

It appear that way about being strung along but apologies for getting it wrong

Yes if he's gone out of his way to show of his new bird then it might well be " saving face"

As for the next chap.......😓😂😂😂 the last fella went out of his way to impress you for a whole year with no end product so............ 😎😜

But you do seem quite a nice girl so I do hope the best for you xx
Thanks for sharing that personal bit, LC.

I love London. Can't wait to visit again. This time I would love to stay in Bath.

Yea, also heard that she didn't want him to post that on FB, but he did anyway. Seems a bit selfish to me.

I am a nice girl. Promise. Just not perfect.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:12 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,531,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
Gotta admit, you seem like a complete doll. I was a bit brusque in my comment, I know--I do not carry around a sack of sugar with which to coat things, and I despise game-playing in relationships--and you took it in stride. You seem to be committed to not furthering this just to get a rise out of the guy, and that's commendable. Rare in today's Me-Me-Me woman, but commendable.
Is this meant for me mate or did you wrong click my post???

Hope it's not for me as I'll struggle like mad to answer that one!!! 😂

But I did think the same at first Bob ( check the first few lines of my op ) but now I don't think she intentionally lead him on

Nice to meet you bob I'm bobby 👍

Old 08-20-2015, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeLoveNotWar View Post
Thanks for sharing that personal bit, LC.

I love London. Can't wait to visit again. This time I would love to stay in Bath.

Yea, also heard that she didn't want him to post that on FB, but he did anyway. Seems a bit selfish to me.

I am a nice girl. Promise. Just not perfect.
Bath is no where near London

I believe you

Old 08-20-2015, 07:14 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,551,381 times
Quote:
Is this meant for me mate or did you wrong click my post???

Hope it's not for me as I'll struggle like mad to answer that one!!! 😂

But I did think the same at first Bob ( check the first few lines of my op ) but now I don't think she intentionally lead him on

Nice to meet you bob I'm bobby 👍
Lol, I was agreeing with you that she seems like a decent person. Nice to meet you, as well, though!

*raises bottle of Guinness in salut*

Old 08-20-2015, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Gotta admit, you seem like a complete doll. I was a bit brusque in my comment, I know--I do not carry around a sack of sugar with which to coat things, and I despise game-playing in relationships--and you took it in stride. You seem to be committed to not furthering this just to get a rise out of the guy, and that's commendable. Rare in today's Me-Me-Me woman, but commendable.
Thank you, Bob. I do seem like a doll? Well, that's a very nice thing to say.

I do think most days I'm a pretty nice girl, even with my high standards, raging insecurities, arrested development...and I would never purposely hurt a guy in a situation like this over and over again. I just got really confused along the way (happens often because I overanalyze EVERYTHING).

It's ok to be brusque. Honestly, I feel like sometimes I need that. I'm still learning a lot about myself and men when it comes to romance. I don't have a lot of experience.

I'm working to get better.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:21 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeLoveNotWar View Post

As I said in my previous post, it was mostly ego but I did have some real feelings for him and started to realize at the end what a great catch he was!

Bull! Sounds like you looked down your perfect white nose at this guy because he was a minority, and now that he is with someone else you miss the attention. And that is it in a nutshell. You don't care one wit about this guy, or you would have given him a chance already BEFORE he got with this other chick. Go on about your business and leave this guy alone.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Bath is no where near London

I believe you
Ah hell. Time to take that geography course.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Lol, I was agreeing with you that she seems like a decent person. Nice to meet you, as well, though!

*raises bottle of Guinness in salut*
Oh dear so you was mate 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 sorry lol

Honestly thought you clicked the wrong quote fella some geezer done it to me earlier in another thread hahahaha ( thought what the fuuuuuuuucccccckkk is he on about lol )

*raises his hand and slaps himself in the ultimate gesture* lol

Old 08-20-2015, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Bull! Sounds like you looked down your perfect white nose at this guy because he was a minority, and now that he is with someone else you miss the attention. And that is it in a nutshell. You don't care one wit about this guy, or you would have given him a chance already BEFORE he got with this other chick. Go on about your business and leave this guy alone.
Actually, I'm the minority. Hon, You have no idea.

And I do have some genuine feelings for him. There were many days when I wanted to reciprocate but I would clam up. I'm also extremely shy.

I am leaving him alone. I will not contact him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships