Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 05:03 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,037,573 times

Advertisements

Is having premarital sex the reason some women are unable to find husbands? Really?

Retain sexual power

It’s an old cliché but no less true today than when it was coined: men don’t buy a cow when they’re getting the milk for free. If you’re having sex outside of marriage, you’re diminishing your sexual power and your ability to find a good match. Instead of enhancing your relationship, sex will dictate it, setting the agenda and biasing all of your decisions.

Unmet sexual longing is a powerful motivator for men and women alike. Many of our parents, and especially grandparents, had short courtships thanks to this natural force. Men who are getting their sexual needs met casually have fewer reasons to sign up for all the responsibilities of marriage.

Sex should flow from a godly relationship. It was designed to sweeten a life of commitment. When couples partake of it prematurely, it tends to sicken, much like eating dessert before you’ve had dinner. Many Christians who’ve had premarital sex eventually marry; but this does little to alleviate their consciences and often results in disaster.

Finding a Husband « Power to Change

I find it hard to believe this antiquated belief is part of the issue. Now the better question, would any man in this day and age accept that I decided to stop having premarital sex and wait until marriage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 05:07 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,015,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Now the better question, would any man in this day and age accept that I decided to stop having premarital sex and wait until marriage?
Yes, there are some who would love you to the ends of the earth for it.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:08 PM

Default Premarital Sex & Marriage Issues?

I just read this article and the author suggests that having premarital sex diminishes my power to find a husband. At 37, I am open to researching my options.

Retain sexual power

It’s an old cliché but no less true today than when it was coined: men don’t buy a cow when they’re getting the milk for free. If you’re having sex outside of marriage, you’re diminishing your sexual power and your ability to find a good match. Instead of enhancing your relationship, sex will dictate it, setting the agenda and biasing all of your decisions.

Unmet sexual longing is a powerful motivator for men and women alike. Many of our parents, and especially grandparents, had short courtships thanks to this natural force. Men who are getting their sexual needs met casually have fewer reasons to sign up for all the responsibilities of marriage.

Sex should flow from a godly relationship. It was designed to sweeten a life of commitment. When couples partake of it prematurely, it tends to sicken, much like eating dessert before you’ve had dinner. Many Christians who’ve had premarital sex eventually marry; but this does little to alleviate their consciences and often results in disaster.

So is this really an issue? And would men even accept that a woman wants to wait until marriage? I see the point about buying the cow.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:08 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,118,754 times
Quote:
Is having premarital sex the reason some women are unable to find husbands? Really?

Retain sexual power

I find it hard to believe this antiquated belief is part of the issue. Now the better question, would any man in this day and age accept that I decided to stop having premarital sex and wait until marriage?
A religious one? Seeing you quoted a religious site?

Old 09-23-2015, 05:10 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times
Quote:

Retain sexual power

I think it's only an issue for men who don't want to get married in the first place. Men who value marriage still get married even though they were getting sex before the wedding.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
A religious one? Seeing you quoted a religious site?
Oh god, I don't have a religious bone in my body. Someone said I needed religion in my life, so I went and bought a church pew for my foyer. That will have to do.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:11 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,441,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Yes, there are some who would love you to the ends of the earth for it.
And there are some who would dismiss her as a frigid prude.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:13 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,819,312 times
Quote:

Retain sexual power

Actually, it's an utterly wrong cliche - the majority of married people do, in fact, have premarital sex.

Aside from that, the logic of entering a marriage where the man is only induced to marry so he can get laid is an astonishingly woefully bad strategy for selecting a spouse. Women should flee from the possibility of marriage under such circumstances.

Sex is a normal aspect of human pair-bonding. The notion that it should not come before some master of ceremonies speaks a few magic words simply makes no sense whatsoever.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:13 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,015,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
And there are some who would dismiss her as a frigid prude.
I think that goes without saying...

Old 09-23-2015, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I think it's only an issue for men who don't want to get married in the first place. Men who value marriage still get married even though they were getting sex before the wedding.
I am finding that most do not value marriage. Of course when I ask, they say sure they want to be married someday in the future. As they turn white as a ghost at the thought. Many have been there/ do be that and wear the scars.

Maybe I am different in the sense I was married young and have been divorced a really long time. I no longer hold any hard feelings towards marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships