Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2015, 07:27 AM

562 posts, read 465,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
... and the possibility that it won't be a cure-all.
You're right, I'm sure it won't be a cure-all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 07:40 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,378,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara_319 View Post
I recently received a lovely note (see below).

Some men are very supportive.

--------------

"It took me years to convince my wife to get implants. Now with that statement one would think I forced my wife into this and I made her do it for me. This however is not the case. My wife had small breasts and after breast feeding kids she had almost nothing left. She was very self-conscious about this. No. she was a prisoner to this.

We used to go to the stores and I would say, "that is a nice dress." She would quickly say "no". I didn't know why this was always the case until she explained to me that spaghetti straps, strapless -- anything that would not allow her to wear her padded bra -- was out. She would not go outside or meet other people without her padded bra. She was aware of her breast 24 hours a day.

She now wears a 34c bra and I am married to a whole new person. She says it it one of the greatest things to have ever happened in her life and should have done it when I first told her to. She was scared and studied the subject for years. She no longer worries about her breasts. She wears anything she wants and says she don't even think about them anymore. 18 months post.

Did I convince her because I wanted her to have big breasts for me? No. I did it because I love my wife dearly. I did it because I was sick of watching her be a prisoner to herself. Yes she looks great and my fringe benefits are even better. I loved her before she had c cups and I love her even more.

Reality. The first week afterwards is one of the hardest things I have ever done. I got almost no sleep for two days taking care of her. She was in severe pain and I did everything I could to make it better. It took courage on her part to do this and I did my part.

This was my wife's decision but could not have done it without my support. Big difference between support and forcing. Forty-five hundred dollars well spent. My advice to you, do your home work and do it for yourself. Every one else will be happy for you. Don't listen to those who are giving you bad advice. You are getting a great gift for years to come."
Quote:
I am not planning to schedule the surgery (as of yet); I'm really just in the research phase. A part of me really wants to get it done, but I can't help but stress out about the possible side effects (like capsular contraction, or a possible breast implant rupture).
OP, I have no issues with wanting cosmetic surgery, but I do urge that you do it for you. If it makes you feel more confident in your appearance or gives you that extra oomph you feel you need, then go for it. I was very close to getting a breast lift/aug a few years ago. I had my consult and was in the process of scheduling the appt. Then I decided to wait until I was sure I was done having kids. Three years and one kid later and I still haven't changed my mind. I am still planning on having it done once I am done breastfeeding, and every partner that has known about these plans has been super supportive. My exH was very supportive, as were two other partners after him and my current husband.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:53 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,800,527 times
Jumbled thoughts:

OP is not getting a boob job. She was kind of secretly hoping that people would support that as a solution because it absolves her of any "fault" ("it's not me, it's my small boobs!") It's no different than "resting ***** face" or "not being rich" or any of the other things that we want to place blame on for our lack of dating success other than ACTUALLY ADDRESSING OUR LACK OF DATING SUCCESS.

To those questioning the legitimacy of the OP: She's real. Not only are people too quick to assume "it's a fake!" around here, but the OP's thoughts and sentiments echo probably half of the single women I know....I hear the same things in person CONSTANTLY. It's twice as bad on Facebook, but if you use it, you knew that already.

OP: As others have said, it starts with YOU. Would bigger boobs get you attention? Yep. So would smiling, flirting, talking to more men....and all those things are free, and don't hurt.

Re: the OP's figure. More of the men in my circle prefer figures like the OP's than curvier frames (note: I am not included in this, I love curves). Others have mentioned it as well, but being thin is NOT hurting your chances with men.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:54 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,739,368 times
Quote:
I am not planning to schedule the surgery (as of yet); I'm really just in the research phase. A part of me really wants to get it done, but I can't help but stress out about the possible side effects (like capsular contraction, or a possible breast implant rupture).
One thing I will caution you about is how implants look over time. As you get older, your skin is less elastic and you lose the plumpness under your skin. This happens to everybody, men and women. It's age and gravity. I've seen some bad implants on older women, many that probably looked OK when they got them. On a small frame, breasts that are quite a bit bigger can look too far apart (as the natural fat in your chest subsides). Sometimes women end up with a weird pit in their chest, or a "chicken chest," or the edges of their implants are visible. Since you haven't had children, you don't have to deal with what lactation does to breast tissue, and gravity is probably kinder to you. My husband is a boob man and loves mine, but my athletic bras cost about $80 and a pretty bit of lingerie is upward of $100. You can shop at Victoria's Secret and buy bras off the rack in any store.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:04 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,469,995 times
Quote:
I like your user name.

I'm not really one for drinking or going to bars, but I do have a gym membership. Usually, when it's warm, I prefer to do running/exercising outside, but now that it's fall-time I'm thinking that it would be a good idea to start going regularly.
Do not wear earbuds/headphones to the gym. That will encourage men to approach. Also, very few women in standard corporate big box gyms (like 24 Hour Fitness) who are average looking or better are not wearing headphones/earbuds these days. Guys will be glad to see someone who is more open to being approached.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:13 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,545,599 times
Quote:
I like your user name.

I'm not really one for drinking or going to bars, but I do have a gym membership. Usually, when it's warm, I prefer to do running/exercising outside, but now that it's fall-time I'm thinking that it would be a good idea to start going regularly.
Thank you

How about a group class of some sort? When I do Krav Maga I get people making chit chat whether I want them to or not .

Old 10-14-2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Do not wear earbuds/headphones to the gym. That will encourage men to approach. Also, very few women in standard corporate big box gyms (like 24 Hour Fitness) who are average looking or better are not wearing headphones/earbuds these days. Guys will be glad to see someone who is more open to being approached.
I assume being approached is what she wants! LOL

But are you sure about the headphones part? It would make me much less inclined to approach a lady that's listening to music as I'd probably get my head bit off!!!.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:20 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,800,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I assume being approached is what she wants! LOL

But are you sure about the headphones part? It would make me much less inclined to approach a lady that's listening to music as I'd probably get my head bit off!!!.
RJ just phrased it poorly (or we both interpreted it poorly), but I read it the same way you did, London.

What RJ is trying to say is that if she does NOT wear headphones, men will be more encouraged to approach.

RJ: I wasn't going to mention it, but since London saw the same thing, I will now. To us, your post reads as:

"Don't wear earbuds, because if you do, men will approach you and you definitely don't want that".

Old 10-14-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
RJ just phrased it poorly (or we both interpreted it poorly), but I read it the same way you did, London.

What RJ is trying to say is that if she does NOT wear headphones, men will be more encouraged to approach.

RJ: I wasn't going to mention it, but since London saw the same thing, I will now. To us, your post reads as:

"Don't wear earbuds, because if you do, men will approach you and you definitely don't want that".
I stand corrected

Old 10-14-2015, 08:40 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,469,995 times
Apparently, I wasn't clear in my writing. She should not wear headphones/earbuds. She wants men to approach. Men are disinclined to approach wearers of headphones/earbuds. If she is there without headphones/earbuds, men will be more likely to approach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships