Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 06:36 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
So you wouldn't trust your girlfriend with a male life coach or therapist? Would you trust her with a male doctor? Would you let her have male friends?

This whole thing seems so absurd to me. You either trust someone or you don't. If you don't trust them, you shouldn't be with them. If you don't trust women as a whole - you shouldn't be in a relationship.
This is why women in some Middle Eastern countries are restricted in what type of work environment they can participate in, if they're allowed to work at all. If they own a shop, in Saudi Arabia they're only allowed to receive male clients if they stand behind a screen, so the customer can't see them. If they want to be teachers, they're only allowed to teach girls. If they want to practice medicine, they can only have female clients. And so on.

It's not that the women can't be trusted; it's that their husbands can't trust the other guys. It seems that the OP doesn't trust his gf's life coach to refrain from putting the moves on the gf. I'm sensing that it's more of a male turf thing, and how his gf feels about it or relates to the situation is irrelevant to the OP.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:38 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuason77 View Post
It doesn't matter how old i am, insecurities may come at any age, please man don't be so hypocrite, everyone has insecurities!
I agree that everyone has insecurities. Yours, however, seem to be excessive and the ones more likely to be experienced by much younger guys.

I'm guessing you had some issues growing up like divorced or cheating parents and this is where this originated from.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:39 PM

340 posts, read 272,401 times
Guys i've been in many relationships, been cheated, married, divorced... Anyway i have experience in relationships but after everything i've been through i confess that it's not easy to trust women anymore. People say "so don't be in a relationship", i just can't run from them!

Old 10-27-2015, 06:43 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Quote:
Guys i've been in many relationships, been cheated, married, divorced... Anyway i have experience in relationships but after everything i've been through i confess that it's not easy to trust women anymore. People say "so don't be in a relationship", i just can't run from them!
Since you seem to pick women who cheat, this might be a concern in this case. Not because women as a whole tend to cheat, but because you tend to pick women like this.

More reasons for therapy.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:45 PM

Quote:
If that's the case, your other option is to get counseling to resolve your trust issues. It sounds like you haven't recovered from your past experiences, in which case your fears are understandable. But it's not fair to lump your gf in with all the bad experiences you've had, and not see her as an individual, and (I assume) --trustworthy.

OP, wouldn't you feel better if you had someone to talk to about the accumulation of upsetting experiences you've had in the past? Get it off your chest, and get some professional help in healing from all that, and getting a healthier perspective over it. Google around to see who in your area deals with past relationship issues. Was there any abandonment, emotional or otherwise, in the family when you were small? If so, that would definitely relate to all this, too.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:45 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
So you wouldn't trust your girlfriend with a male life coach or therapist? Would you trust her with a male doctor? Would you let her have male friends?

This whole thing seems so absurd to me. You either trust someone or you don't. If you don't trust them, you shouldn't be with them. If you don't trust women as a whole - you shouldn't be in a relationship.
a male Doctor is treating the physical. The "life coach" is treating the mental/emotional..

If you don't see the difference, than I'm not going to bother explaining it.

I think the woman needs to respect her husband.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:46 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
If you want the relationship to work, you are going to have to talk to your girlfriend about this. If she loves you and feels the relationship is worth it - she'll work through it with you. BUT - when I say talk about it - I don't mean accuse your girlfriend of cheating or tell her that you don't trust her. I mean - tell her that you have trust issues and you are insecure. Tell her that you've been cheated on before and so you are scared. So far, you say that she's been honest with you. Well, be honest with her, too.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
a male Doctor is treating the physical. The "life coach" is treating the mental/emotional..

There are definitely guys out there who are not comfortable with the thought of a doctor poking around their SO's private parts....

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post

Seriously? So, you wouldn't let your girlfriend see a male therapist? Is she allowed to have male friends?

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
Quote:
This is not about your insecurity. It is about a reality. Kudos you don't have your head stuck in the sand in wonderland.

People are creatures of opportunity. Women connect with their emotions and how they "feel". Another man quarterbacking her getting her life back in order..

I think you have a reason to be concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships