Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 10:39 AM

971 posts, read 689,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I had a very similar conversation with a friend today. It seems like all I ever get is the lukewarm guys, that require me to jump through hoops, fix things for them and they disappear.

I need to find the guy that is head over heels in love with me. I thought since this one chased for a year, it had promise. Apparently not.
Once you get out of the mess you are in, you need to look into some new options for finding men. I would count out OLD if I were you. I would also NOT try to date ANYONE you have known for years or anyone you meet at the bar. No building contractors either. Lol.

You are an outdoorsy person like me so I will tell you how I did well without even trying. When I go four wheeling/motorcycling/snowmobiling I meet women. When I go to the lake boating/camping, I meet women. You need to go do things and meet people. I think I remember you have a jet ski and there is no better way to meet a guy than at the river or a lake. If I go to the lake I can always find a woman who is there without a boat who wants to get on the lake, or find someone on a jetski who wants to go boarding or tubing with me. I don't usually even have to ask, they ask me. Take your ATV to the woods four-wheeling. Lots of guys/gals in the woods riding. Last time I was at Hatfield/McCoy it was a blast.

Just don't go the usual routes for men...change your MO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 11:12 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
Once you get out of the mess you are in, you need to look into some new options for finding men. I would count out OLD if I were you. I would also NOT try to date ANYONE you have known for years or anyone you meet at the bar. No building contractors either. Lol.

You are an outdoorsy person like me so I will tell you how I did well without even trying. When I go four wheeling/motorcycling/snowmobiling I meet women. When I go to the lake boating/camping, I meet women. You need to go do things and meet people. I think I remember you have a jet ski and there is no better way to meet a guy than at the river or a lake. If I go to the lake I can always find a woman who is there without a boat who wants to get on the lake, or find someone on a jetski who wants to go boarding or tubing with me. I don't usually even have to ask, they ask me. Take your ATV to the woods four-wheeling. Lots of guys/gals in the woods riding. Last time I was at Hatfield/McCoy it was a blast.

Just don't go the usual routes for men...change your MO.
OLD seems to suck. I think I have exhausted the men I have known forever, unless one of the five married good ones, suddenly become divorced or widowed.

See and that is a huge problem. I don't have anything right now. I do jet ski, ride atvs and shoot guns but Indo not currently own any of my own. I even sold my jeep last summer.

I can take my fishing pole and go fish but I never run into men. My daughters playing baseball. Maybe a single dad will just happen to come to practice or a game.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:20 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Here's the paradox. No healthy, well-adjusted, decent guy is going to be comfortable getting together with a woman whose goal is to land a guy.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:20 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
OLD seems to suck.

Yes, when you do it like you did. 60 *dates* in 30 days or something.

Take time get to know them talking, only go out with ones who will go on a date, and get to know them before trying to have them live with you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-17-2016, 11:22 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Take time get to know them talking, only go out with ones who will go on a date, and get to know them before trying to have them live with you.
Ground-breaking stuff here!!!

Old 03-17-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Yes, when you do it like you did. 60 *dates* in 30 days or something.

It was like 61 guys in three months. Most I texted for a few days before meeting. But then I would rather just see them, their bodily language, how they carry themselves and go from there. For the most part, I found them to be weird acting, clingy, nothing like their picture, or really loud and abrasive.

Please none of them even got a kiss, let alone trying to bring them home to live with me. I am not one to touch anyone unless I am super close to them already.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:45 AM

Have you ever been taken out on dates before becoming intimate?

Old 03-17-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Have you ever been taken out on dates before becoming intimate?
Yes absolutely. I am far from easy.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:

There are many definitions to the term "easy."

Old 03-17-2016, 11:54 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Quote:
Thinking in terms viewing yourself as "easy" or "not easy" when you are over 23 or so.... Another red flag for any mature, together guy.

Your first step in your quest to find a long-term relationship/husband should be to get yourself to some long-term therapy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships