Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2015, 02:52 PM

1,273 posts, read 991,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
For the love of God, please don't say anything to his wife..... let him deal with that, I'm actually sort of begging you here to keep your mouth shut and let him deal with that side of things.....
Omg, I would never even consider it. I was responding to the poster who insinuated I should. I just said that was an awful thing to think about. I'm not vindictive and I don't see any purpose in doing so. You don't need to beg me to do anything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 02:57 PM

273 posts, read 240,916 times
I don't really get why you keep going on and on. You don't plan on changing anything. I would demand counseling or leave.

Old 11-08-2015, 02:57 PM

565 posts, read 432,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
I just told you I did all I could I my end. Are you suggesting I rip apart his family just so I can suffer more consequences? What kind of self serving bs is that? That isn't my place nor my inclination to inform his wife. That's just awful to even think about.
If you put yourself in his wifes shoes, would you want to know? Its a standard part of the deal. But there has to be willingness to really address the affair, not look for excuses. Seek out a professional who helps couples getting over infidelity, and they will repeat my words. Go to TAM coping with infidelity forums, you will get same advice.

Old 11-08-2015, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
Omg, I would never even consider it. I was responding to the poster who insinuated I should. I just said that was an awful thing to think about. I'm not vindictive and I don't see any purpose in doing so. You don't need to beg me to do anything
She is going to find out anyway. Truth has a way of eventually revealing itself.

Old 11-08-2015, 03:12 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
She is going to find out anyway. Truth has a way of eventually revealing itself.

It was one month of phone calls and texts. Not much for to find out. And no, she is better off not knowing and the husband is the one who cut it off so he seems to learned his lesson.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-08-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
You're nuts. I am emphatically not ever going to be the one to tell her. It's not about whether I think she deserves to know or not, it's about being none of my business what the other guy chooses to disclose. I'm frankly disgusted you think it's ever OK to do that.

Old 11-08-2015, 03:16 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
If you put yourself in his wifes shoes, would you want to know? Its a standard part of the deal. But there has to be willingness to really address the affair, not look for excuses. Seek out a professional who helps couples getting over infidelity, and they will repeat my words. Go to TAM coping with infidelity forums, you will get same advice.
Now, I've never had an affair nor have I ever been in marriage counseling but I find it hard to believe that the advisable thing to do is for the OP to inform the wife that her husband had an emotional affair with the OP. I would think that that would be a very dangerous and futile thing to do.

Old 11-08-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
I doubt they'd advise me, as the other woman, has anything to gain by disclosing the affair to the wife. The only motivation for that would be revenge or a desire to hurt the other man, both of which I do not want to do. That's just messed up.

Old 11-08-2015, 03:23 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
Quote:
There are consequences for infidelity that you cannot dodge with justifications. If you dont face them and do the heavy lifting, i guarantee you will find yourself involved with another man.
OP--You really don't understand that the heavy lifting referenced here was not about the other man or his wife do you? The heavy lifting is about what YOU need to do to improve yourself and your marriage.

I'm sorry, but I really don't see your marriage lasting in the long run. It's not because you had an affair. It is because you show no remorse, continue to make excuses, demean your husband with your words, and are pretty demanding with your husband despite the fact that he has had ONE SINGLE MONTH to process this. And let's not forget that during that month you continued contact with the other man and are now angry/hurt HE has cut all contact. It takes months, if not years, for a spouse to recover from an affair whether physical or emotional. Frankly, you continue to be pretty self-centered.

Old 11-08-2015, 03:24 PM

It should be her husband letting OMs wife know, but it seems that he wants to rug sweep this affair as well. You cant pretend this didnt happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships