Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 08:21 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,316,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
I didn't realise women now had a spokesperson! Since you're speaking on our behalf, then please let the world know that a lot of women care about more than a person's wealth, hence the multitudes of women in happy relationships with, gasp, not very wealthy men!
I could be a fat, old, ugly bastard, but if I was a billionaire I could get a supermodel wife(Donald trump anyone?) . However with women if you're not raking in the money you better be the most handsome man on the planet according to most women. Another example : If Heidi Klum and seal were average people with normal jobs you honestly think she would have even given seal the Time of day? Women are attracted to money and status.

Last edited by Mr.2089; 12-05-2015 at 08:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2015, 08:37 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,230,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.2089 View Post
I could be a fat, old, ugly bastard, but if I was a billionaire I could get a supermodel wife(Donald trump anyone?) . However with women if you're not raking in the money you better be the most handsome man on the planet according to most women. Another example : If Heidi Klum and seal were average people with normal jobs you honestly think she would have even given seal the Time of day? Women are attracted to money and status.
Just because some fat, ugly rich bastards married some pretty women, you assume that all women will respond similarly? Seriously!

You sound rather bitter & jaded so I don't think anything I say will help you to change your world view. I do wonder though, why so many women are married to average guys who don't have a lot of wealth? I think such relationships are more than norm than the 2 examples you have sited!

Old 12-05-2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Well if he said........

Women: if he's from London and with the British accent nothing else matters I'd tend to agree but as he didn't I don't
Yeah. According to him nothing else matters other than looks & wealth! So sad....

Old 12-05-2015, 08:43 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,571,642 times
Quote:
Yeah. According to him nothing else matters other than looks & wealth! So sad....
Yep I haven't got either and do OK lol

Old 12-05-2015, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Just because some fat, ugly rich bastards married some pretty women, you assume that all women will respond similarly? Seriously!

You sound rather bitter & jaded so I don't think anything I say will help you to change your world view. I do wonder though, why so many women are married to average guys who don't have a lot of wealth? I think such relationships are more than norm than the 2 examples you have sited!
I'm not bitter I'm just explaining how the world works. There's been experiments on this. A guy would get rejected by some girl but would later reveal something about himself after getting rejected (he was a millionaire or somewhat famous) and 9/10 the girl would change her tune and give him her number. Finances is the most common cause of divorce BTW. Of course there are about 5% of women who aren't like this or so legend has it. In short either be very good looking or very rich. Men I hope you're talking notes.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:49 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,260,130 times
Quote:
Let's make this easy.
For men: Decent/average face + great body on woman = Yes
Pretty face+average body on woman= yes/maybe

Women: If he's rich nothing matters. Otherwise he has to be a fitness model in the face.
Can't deny that it does happen. But speaking for myself, I picked the super-hot starving artist, and have no regrets.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Can't deny that it does happen. But speaking for myself, I picked the super-hot starving artist, and have no regrets.
Point proven. /thread

Old 12-05-2015, 09:03 PM

Quote:
I'm not bitter I'm just explaining how the world works. There's been experiments on this. A guy would get rejected by some girl but would later reveal something about himself after getting rejected (he was a millionaire or somewhat famous) and 9/10 the girl would change her tune and give him her number. Finances is the most common cause of divorce BTW. Of course there are about 5% of women who aren't like this or so legend has it. In short either be very good looking or very rich. Men I hope you're talking notes.
Don't you see the irony that they have to conduct experiments coz it's such an anomaly? Average looking men & even not so good looking men still manage to get married & they usually are not very wealthy. This is the norm, I.e. You can find more of these men, than the few you are describing!

Most women tend to go for providers, but that doesn't mean the guy has to be the next bill gates. A lot of women also now have well paid careers, are actually the breadwinners in their homes & are not exactly married to Chris Hemsworth lookalikes!

Old 12-05-2015, 09:04 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,260,130 times
Quote:
Point proven. /thread
Except I didn't pick him because he's hot; that's just a nice fringe benefit to his many other good qualities.

Old 12-05-2015, 09:11 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,536,064 times
Quote:
Let's make this easy.

Women: If he's rich nothing matters. Otherwise he has to be a fitness model in the face.
Such BS, and a very convenient excuse for why you're striking out, perhaps?

No amount of money would make me want to marry a man I didn't otherwise care for. He's got to have a lot of non-material stuff to offer. And yeah, I've got to be physically attracted to him, but I certainly don't need a model.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships