Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 11:23 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Just the fact that you said that leads me to think you are not okay with this. I had very few relationships in my 20's and regretted that later in life I'm in my 50's now married, but wonder what I missed out on. The girls I met back in my 20's did have interest in me but because I never asked them out on a date I thought like you would never have a chance like what you said. Once your 20's and 30's are over doors close off and you can't go back. Don't get me wrong I'm happy in my marriage. You only get one life live it to the fullest you can if you want something don't let anything hold you back.
Meh, some people just have terrible luck dating in their 20's, and turn it around in their later years. It happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2015, 02:48 AM

3,376 posts, read 6,107,107 times
For me, being single and staying that way for whatever reason is something you just learn to accept and live with after awhile.
Sure, I get interested in particular people and try to attempt an approach.
But after not getting over the shock of being turned down harshly a few times and not wanting assertiveness being mistaken for aggressiveness, I feel as though I've just become one of those guys who takes notice of a woman, but let's the thought run its course and move on.

At the same time though, I'm not going to lie about the fact that I don't really have a whole lot of time for other activities to keep myself occupied and in some sort of positive light.
And my locations don't really help my cause all that much either.

Old 12-20-2015, 03:02 AM

186 posts, read 157,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serdico View Post
I'm 33, never had a girlfriend or had any kind of experience with women. I was always very focused on my professional goals. I worked a lot even during college, did my master's degree, got a job and then started to climb from there. Always on the lookout for a better job opportunity, I'm currently working for a multinational company.

I don't remember a woman ever showing interest in me and even when I was attracted to one, I kept it to myself because I was always so busy and because I never thought I would have a chance anyway.

I've always had lots of friends, I think I'm a cool guy, I try to help everyone whenever I can, I don't get into fights at work and don't anyone any trouble.

I have several interests as well, the two biggest ones being travelling and reading. I'm a bookaholic and can't stop buying books all the time. I actually running out of space at home to keep so many books.

I've reached a stage in life where I'm completely at peace with being single because any other reality at this point is so distant and alien to me. I have nothing against women and actually have several long time female friends.

My social life is more and more sparse these days because there's hardly any available friends left. I haven't seen my best friend since he had a kid 2 years ago. I try to keep myself entertained during the weekends with plenty of activities (sports, cinema, reading of course, etc).

Is it odd to be so okay with being single at my age? I mean it's not as if I'm asexual...my libido remains normal as usual. I just don't expect anything from that department anymore.
Pretty much same story (and age) here!
However I recentely met a girl! I even got her phone number and asker her out.

I believe that being alone is nothing bad. I never found it a problem , I am happy the way it is. I am a believer in the "when it happens, in will happen" ! I do not want to go out with one specific goal (finding someone).
The girl I am in touch now is someone I met by pure luck. Thats how I feel it should happen. All those dating sites and apps are not my thing. It feels like browsing a catalogus or something and it seems superficial and forced.

One day you might meet someone as well! So just let it happen. You do need to take a chance when you get one of course and ask them for a number or something.

Old 12-20-2015, 11:56 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
I am 26 and I am already starting to live single forever for the rest of my life. I can attract women though but they aren't interesting at all. I'd rather be alone than be with a woman who is boring attractive or not.

Old 12-20-2015, 01:13 PM

9,100 posts, read 6,321,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
Serdico there is nothing wrong with being single. Many of history's great people remained single. Even as recent as today's world there are single people who do great things like Mother Teresa or Guiaseppu Puglisi.

You say you aren't sure if you are happy or not, that there could be something missing. You might just have a calling in life that you haven't achieved. You say you are a bookaholic. Maybe you should look into being a writer?

You say your social life is more sparce maybe you have a calling to volunteer and help people in a way that only a single person can.
Great point! Whenever someone complains about having a hole in their life most people assume a relationship will satisfactorily fill the hole. Sometimes a new calling or a purpose is really what is needed. We have all seen cases, even in this forum, where people have been lonely while being in a relationship. Relationships are not a cure, they are a responsibility.

Old 12-20-2015, 08:42 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
I used to like books too, I never met a bookstore I didn't like. I was never boy crazy. I have one kid who is also into books, however she did have a few relationships and current is interested in one, not asexual. So I think it's normal for some people, especially book lovers.

Old 12-20-2015, 08:56 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
Not obsessed, but know what I'm talking about. I used to be too nice to succeed at dating. Not even a nice guy, just a good man who was nice to all. That turned out to be a waste of time.
And now you are so well loved! Kudos.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-26-2016, 11:56 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serdico View Post
I'm 33, never had a girlfriend or had any kind of experience with women. I was always very focused on my professional goals. I worked a lot even during college, did my master's degree, got a job and then started to climb from there. Always on the lookout for a better job opportunity, I'm currently working for a multinational company.

I don't remember a woman ever showing interest in me and even when I was attracted to one, I kept it to myself because I was always so busy and because I never thought I would have a chance anyway.

I've always had lots of friends, I think I'm a cool guy, I try to help everyone whenever I can, I don't get into fights at work and don't anyone any trouble.

I have several interests as well, the two biggest ones being travelling and reading. I'm a bookaholic and can't stop buying books all the time. I actually running out of space at home to keep so many books.

I've reached a stage in life where I'm completely at peace with being single because any other reality at this point is so distant and alien to me. I have nothing against women and actually have several long time female friends.

My social life is more and more sparse these days because there's hardly any available friends left. I haven't seen my best friend since he had a kid 2 years ago. I try to keep myself entertained during the weekends with plenty of activities (sports, cinema, reading of course, etc).

Is it odd to be so okay with being single at my age? I mean it's not as if I'm asexual...my libido remains normal as usual. I just don't expect anything from that department anymore.
you can do what you want, its your life, it's easy to stay single and sexless as a guy, why? simple, do nothing, be passive, don't take action, don't take any risks.

Old 02-26-2016, 12:08 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,996 times
recently met a guy through a mutual friend, he just recently turned 35, and he has never had a girlfriend, yup, 35, says has never come close to one, I wonder if there is an epidemic of guys in this generation in their 20's and 30's who have never had a girlfriend before, more late bloomers today than in previous generations

Old 02-28-2016, 03:08 PM

747 posts, read 442,837 times
Yes it is. Particularly when you don't have any other choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships