Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 10:13 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times

Advertisements

You say things are good and you two are happy, so why mess it up by getting married? What do you hope doing so will do? What will it accomplish? Don't fix what isn't broken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2015, 10:27 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
Your German. Are you in the US? Is he an American? Would you/can you settle in the US, or do you have to go back to Germany? Has this topic even been raised?

Oh, by the way, I'm a 20 year US immigrant in Denmark. I've been there.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:53 PM

44 posts, read 133,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Is he Bulgarian?

Sorry for the huge delay, trying to address some of the questions no.

LOL no, he's not Bulgarian. He's also not Argentinian (as asked from someone else). I didn't really get from where you were taking that?! Anyways, we're both from Sweden.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
I think that he doesn't want to get married.

IMO, when it comes down to one person telling the other "but you can just get me a cheap ring" as an incentive to tie the knot, the writing is on the wall.

If he wanted to marry you, you wouldn't have to sell him on it.
I don't disagree with you, but I didn't say I want a cheap ring to make him marry me quicker. I didn't grow up with the American culture of buying a super expensive diamond ring and spending tons on a wedding. I think that's a complete waste of money. I really just wanted a rather cheap ring and would prefer to spend more money on vacations.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
"Marriage ambivalence of my boyfriend" ???
There is no ambivalence.
He does not want to marry you.

Why are you hounding a guy who does NOT WANT TO MARRY YOU?

Because I love him. He says I'm the one, and he's a great boyfriend except of the fact that he doesn't seem to want to get married. Is it really true that a man who never wanted to get married suddenly wants to get married when he meets the right person? I do believe that my boyfriend loves me very much and wants to be with me, he has told me many times that he wants to be with me forever and that I'm the one. I still don't get though what the huge problem in getting married is.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:56 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtree87 View Post
Sorry for the huge delay, trying to address some of the questions no.

LOL no, he's not Bulgarian. He's also not Argentinian (as asked from someone else). I didn't really get from where you were taking that?! Anyways, we're both from Sweden.
Someone with a similar user handle constantly posts here about her horrible BF and ignoring the obvious situation she has put herself in.

People where asking to make sure it wasn't her

Old 12-17-2015, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetLittleWing View Post

Do you know WHY he wants to put it off? do you have the same lifegoals? Is he unsure if you are the "one"? better to find out now, rather then down the line find out something like you want 2.5 kids and he never wanted to marry because 0 was his choice.

No, he doesn't give me any real answers. He just 'doesn't feel like it', he says. It's not about me wanting a huge wedding or so. I'd love to have a wedding reception (on the cheaper side, because I also don't get the point in spending thousands and thousands for one day of your life), but if he's totally against this, BUT would like to get married anyway, I'd be fine with just getting married and exchanging rings. I offered that to him, but he didn't seem to happy with it, instead he told me he will think about when we could have the reception and will let me know (he still hasn't). Obviously I don't want a reception if I have to force him to have one.

And yes, we have the same life goals, and he has told me many times that he's sure about me and that I'm the one.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Which country are you in?

I am from Germany, most of my friends were with their partner for at least 10 years until they married. Or they didn't marry at all if they didn't want children.

Really? I'm Swedish, and I have plenty of friends who got married after 2-4 years. I didn't think it was that different in Germany.

Old 12-17-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Is this the boyfriend who quit the university because he didnt have a window in his room?

LOL what?

Old 12-17-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Wasn't this palmtree99 before?

Excuse me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships