Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 11:52 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,909,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
"Probe" just means to "seek information."

"Women don't owe you any in-depth explanations," just seems like a total over-reaction to this situation.
If he is probing to the point of having someone complain to the administrators, he is way over the line in his "probing".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 11:55 AM

525 posts, read 660,862 times
Jeez. One message is fine. Two is pushing it. 3 or more without a response? Yes you're harassing them. Did you learn your lesson?

Now I will say I disagree with several postings about Match.com being a waste of time. I'm simply posting this for general knowledge for others who may read this thread (not the OP who needs to find a more productive and proactive way of meeting people). I joined Match.com after my divorce because I was very lonely and hadn't been in the dating scene for like 15+ years. I wasn't even sure where to start and the safety of a computer screen made me feel more secure in a period when I felt very insecure. Sure there were creepers and scammy sounding messages and a couple of dates that were a waste of time. But I met my current husband on Match.com. We've been married since 2013, dating since late 2011. And I was only a member for the 3 month trial period +1 month of a paid subscription.

Old 01-06-2016, 12:17 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,742,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
If he is probing to the point of having someone complain to the administrators, he is way over the line in his "probing".
So if I reported this post, would that be de facto evidence that you were "over the line?"

Old 01-06-2016, 01:06 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,909,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
So if I reported this post, would that be de facto evidence that you were "over the line?"
No, the evidence would be the content of the posts. The administrators here would look at the posts, view the content and probably make the decision that this was not over the line or harassment... just as they would view the content of with the message content between two members at Match and make the determination that he should be banned.

At the same time, if you did feel the justification to report my post, I would have to assume that I did something over the line to get you to that point. I think it is pretty obvious that I have not done that.

Old 05-29-2017, 05:37 PM

4 posts, read 3,021 times
Default banned from Match.com

Note that they do Ban by photo and names.

Old 09-07-2017, 02:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBurgandyHtown View Post
Those guys are very arrogant. I've looked into it and the issue is that they cater mainly to women because they want to satisfy women and guarantee that they have a safe and pleasant experience. That will keep the men around (aka more members). Anyway, I did send an email saying I made a mistake and really want this chance to find love. Haven't heard back. I've read that these pleas go on deaf ears. I still tried.

I'm now planning to wait 2 weeks and then use a friends' card to sign up.
The same thing happened to me. I know who complained and it was so weak. I gave just a tiny piece of my mind. I won't do that again. Did you ever try to sign up again? Did it work? If so, what changes were necessary? Like did you use all different photos? Not sign in from the same location? If you used a boilerplate opener before, did you change it with the new account? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Old 09-07-2017, 03:50 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,482,160 times
OP, don't try to get back on a site that you were banned from. Just use other sites and use meet up groups. And actually suggest trying to make a few friends first. But whatever you do don't just rely on online dating.

I just realized that there is a parellel here. You wouldn't accept no for an answer from the woman you contacted and you don't want to accept the no that Match is giving you now. Persistence can be an asset, but other times it can be a debt. You need to be careful and make sure the situation is appropriate to persistence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post

May I ask how long ago you met your honey on the site? I believe that several years ago, yes, this was true for both Match and eHarmony, as I do know married couples who have met on both sites but is no longer the case for either site. I don't know anyone who has met a long-term love on either site in probably the last 5 years.
Oh, I met my boyfriend 3 years ago on Match! But I did have to go through a lot of profiles and dates to find him. I actually took "breaks" because it was so time consuming.

Last edited by BellaLind; 09-07-2017 at 04:14 PM..

Old 09-07-2017, 04:09 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,778 times
If there's anything "weak", it's bothering people who have already made it clear they don't wanna be bothered or not interested. I think ghosting is also weak, but just move on and talk to others. Try not to let it bother you. No need to give them a "piece of your mind".

People get too hung up on one person while online dating, and it's usually before they ever even met the person in real life.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:58 PM

1,158 posts, read 961,732 times
Trying to set up a new account after you have been banned using someone else's info seems really weird and creepy.

Work on meeting people in real life in your new city.

Old 09-09-2017, 07:49 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,752,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
If there's anything "weak", it's bothering people who have already made it clear they don't wanna be bothered or not interested. I think ghosting is also weak, but just move on and talk to others. Try not to let it bother you. No need to give them a "piece of your mind".

People get too hung up on one person while online dating, and it's usually before they ever even met the person in real life.

Asking someone why they flaked has always been a waste of time because the person is not going to respond. Plus why try to communicate with someone who flaked after you had planned to meet the person? I would just laugh it off and move on because that's all you can do at that point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships