Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 10:24 PM

25 posts, read 64,407 times

Advertisements

Hi folks. I joined match.com about 1 month ago to find love. I'm not one of those to go online and play games. Anyway I was talking to this one girl and soon she flaked. I didn't get abusive or disrespectful at all. Just really probing as to why she flaked because I wanted to understand. Well I guess all that questioning to her seemed weird and I guess she reported me to match.com for harassment. They closed my account.

I'm in a new city, no friends, no connections. I'm trying to find a gf. Match was a great way to get dates. It was working. But now I'm banned. Now what?

I've tried pof, okc, eharmony and even tinder. But I can safely conclude that match had the best quality of women and I got way more responses on match than the others combined. In fact, with match I could almost get 1-2 dates a week. Now I have none. On the other websites, I've been reduced to tears! On match, I could confidently message 10 and get 2 decent responses that led to dates.

Please suggest how I can get back on match. The morning they banned me I used another email to create a new account, but I used my same credit card. None of my 3 credit cards work now.

Will it work if I use a friend's credit card and new email? How do you think they are blocking people and recognizing if I would create a new account? Do they block by photos? Most likely it has to be by matching credit card names and running a query through a banned people database in their system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 10:36 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
If you use a friend's card, you'll have to use the friend's name, too. Even being in another city, using a different computer, they could still find you. They must have a really good security system, to catch creeps and scammers. I don't see any way around this one, you'll have to find another site.

Old 01-02-2016, 10:38 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
I'm not a fan of Match, so I personally don't think you're missing much.

Old 01-02-2016, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If you use a friend's card, you'll have to use the friend's name, too. Even being in another city, using a different computer, they could still find you. They must have a really good security system, to catch creeps and scammers. I don't see any way around this one, you'll have to find another site.
Name doesn't matter because no one sees it until you start messaging people. So yeah it could be my friends' name on it, makes no difference.

Old 01-02-2016, 10:44 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,600,127 times
OP, I don't know what you can do. Perhaps wait a month and try again. They shouldn't keep credit card info on file.

Ruth, I question their security. I'm on a sister site of Match and I swear it's where stolen credit cards go to die. There are so many scammers and spam bots on there, its scary!

Old 01-02-2016, 10:45 PM

332 posts, read 294,446 times
If you weren't harassing her, can't you follow up with Match?

Old 01-02-2016, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natiam View Post
If you weren't harassing her, can't you follow up with Match?
Those guys are very arrogant. I've looked into it and the issue is that they cater mainly to women because they want to satisfy women and guarantee that they have a safe and pleasant experience. That will keep the men around (aka more members). Anyway, I did send an email saying I made a mistake and really want this chance to find love. Haven't heard back. I've read that these pleas go on deaf ears. I still tried.

I'm now planning to wait 2 weeks and then use a friends' card to sign up.

Old 01-02-2016, 11:05 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
I've had more success with Okcupid than match. I wouldn't get to bothered by it. They probably just saved you some money and a lot of headache.

Old 01-02-2016, 11:05 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
You should show more sensitivity, and stop it as soon she flaked. She felt uncomfortable with your inquiry, and reported you.
Don't push when rejected, just learn from it and move on.

To create new account you could:
clean all cookies, get new browser, then use WiFi from a public place (Starbucks, library etc), use new email address, new credit card, new pictures, new ID.

Good luck.

BTW:
Match com has pretty bad rating:
Top 1,779 Complaints and Reviews about Match.com
Here are other alternatives:
Best Online Dating Sites and Services for 2016 - ConsumerAffairs
Here is how NOT to get banned from dating sites:
5 Ways To Avoid Getting Banned From Online Dating Sites - The Blackdragon Blog

Old 01-02-2016, 11:10 PM

37,592 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Match takes harassment very seriously. NO ONE wants to be subjected to such behavior - guy OR gal. Don't ever try to continue a conversation once someone makes it clear that they are not interested. Consider it a lesson learned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships