Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2016, 05:15 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerdhamme View Post
I'm 40, she's 23.
Oh man.... you two are at two different phaes in your lives; differences in maturity, perceptions, expections. Thus can cause all sorts of problems in a relationship and can manifest its self in all sorts of conflicted emotions; each person behaves to these differently.

I'm not saying it can not work out; many do.... but they almost always involve the ability to have healthy communication. Its going to be difficult to rectify the situation without first fixing the communication channels.

When someone is not dealing with internal conflicts, it doesn't take much to make them uncomfortable; even as little as dishes that used to be in the sink are now out of the sink. I"ve seen one person in a relstaionship suddenly make every littel thing in their lives a big deal; it turns out he was bored and facing middle age crisis. Adding unnecessary drama to his life indirectly relieved that bordom albeit in ah unhealthy manner. So what was so mundane issues in daily life became a life full of arguing and drama. His wife only saw him as being increasingly irritable and was sucked into escalating each and every argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2016, 05:18 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
This was a good post. You only objected to the idea that your wife is not your equal. Don't you think she could be homesick and lonely and taking it out on you?
And now she is lazy and putting on weight. She sounds depressed to me. Lonely and homesick can definitely do that. Despite visiting the US several times, as you said, this is her first real exposure to our culture, so it sounds like she may not have any friends. Moving so far is a massive life change. At least she has a job. How long has she worked there? How is it going there?

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
I haven't dated them all. How should I know. Do you think they are?

I'm asking you what YOU think. YOU seem to think that this country has changed her into an insufferable nag. HOW did this country do that?

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Attachment 164144

I feel for ya, but it's probably menopause. Give her the benefit of a doubt, and help her figure out what's really going on. Or, I guess you really could be an "insufferable" jerk who deserves nagging.
Pickle, you haven't been reading along. She's 23. She's 30 years away from menopause.

It's entirely possible, likely, even, that what we have here is a poor guy who got majorly played, and he can't admit it to himself, so he's fishing for other reasons to account for her change in character after the marriage and after coming to the US. Who wants to face the fact that they fell for one of the oldest tricks in the book? It's a hard thing to do, especially when love is involved. The OP must have really been in love, and is still wearing those rose-colored glasses.

It's sad, OP. But the sooner you get this chapter of your life over, the sooner you can find a real person to fall in love with, not a doll who turns into a shrew once the papers are signed.

OR, you could continue with the charade, decide that the whole problem is due to moving to the US, move both of you back to Thailand, and see what happens. If you choose this latter strategy, please let us knw how it turns out. . It would be great if you lived happily ever after with this girl, though some of us aren't holding our breath. But those who say she may be homesick could be right. There's only one way to find out. Why not suggest to her that you two move back to her homeland? See what she says.

And btw, US culture has nothing to do with nagging. Did you think she got that from watching TV sitcoms, or something?

Old 01-09-2016, 05:20 PM

52 posts, read 47,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I'm asking you what YOU think. YOU seem to think that this country has changed her into an insufferable nag. HOW did this country do that?
I answered, and then I asked YOU what you think. Are you ruling out the possibility that US culture has negatively influenced her? Really?

Old 01-09-2016, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Did you think she got that from watching TV sitcoms, or something?
It's possible.

Old 01-09-2016, 05:21 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
You're 40 years old, Guy. You're allowing all this so-called nagging, do nothing about it, and come here to complaining

Show some maturity and resolve.

Old 01-09-2016, 05:22 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Quote:
I answered, and then I asked YOU what you think. Are you ruling out the possibility that US culture has negatively influenced her? Really?
Are you American?

Old 01-09-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Are you American?
I'm half thai, but I was raised here.

Old 01-09-2016, 05:29 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,580,323 times
Quote:
Yes, I am. Right now there isn't much of a sex life. She's still keen but honestly I find myself resentful and more often than not I'm quite turned off by her. Not just her attitude, but she's put on quite a bit of weight too.
Honestly, I think your bisexuality is at the core of the problem. Did she know this before marriage? Does she know now? Are you actually gay but in denial?

The first few years of a compatible marriage are usually very sexually active. And women tend to loose weight when they are sexually satisfied, not gain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships