Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2016, 04:36 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerdhamme View Post
Why is her age or her being foreign even an issue? This could happen with a woman from anywhere.
But the fact is that she's not a woman from "anywhere", or from the US. So given the facts, people have to look at all the possibilities. It seems that you see her as more or less American, because she has US citizenship, has travelled here a lot, and has a good job. That's great. I can see why you thought she was mature, to have all that at 22, or however old she was when you met her. But given the fact that her behavior changed pretty radically after you two set up housekeeping Stateside, it's not unreasonable for people to speculate that she had ulterior motives. Maybe she didn't, maybe she did. Also, any 22-year-old, "even" an American one, could have ulterior motives when marrying a guy old enough to be her father.

As long as we're pulling relevant facts out of you like teeth, it would be helpful to know how long you two have been married, and how long of a courtship or dateship you had prior to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2016, 04:36 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
No I wouldn't care. Why do you ask if this is my first relationship? How is that relevant?
Because this is a very typical relationship problem. It shouldn't be a surprise to you at 40, if you've had experience with trying to live with anyone.

It is your first relationship, isn't it?

Old 01-09-2016, 04:37 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
She's bored with you and wants out. What is it with middle-aged men marrying young foreign women and then being surprised that the relationship soon goes sour?

The only thing in this whole thread that elicited a reaction was the concept that you could be taken to the cleaners?

You need to do a better job with the housework old man.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:38 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Why is her age or her being foreign even an issue? This could happen with a woman from anywhere.
Well, no. She was amazingly easygoing and mature, you said. You commented on how remarkable she is. Your issue is with THIS woman, your wife. If you're done with her, just be done. You haven't been married very long, she's still young, and she has an income. Maybe you just made a mistake and assumed too much about this remarkable woman.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:38 PM

52 posts, read 47,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
But the fact is that she's not a woman from "anywhere", or from the US. So given the facts, people have to look at all the possibilities. It seems that you see her as more or less American, because she has US citizenship, has travelled here a lot, and has a good job. That's great. I can see why you thought she was mature, to have all that at 22, or however old she was when you met her. But given the fact that her behavior changed pretty radically after you two set up housekeeping Stateside, it's not unreasonable for people to speculate that she had ulterior motives. Maybe she didn't, maybe she did.

As long as we're pulling relevant facts out of you like teeth, it would be helpful to know how long you two have been married, and how long of a courtship or dateship you had prior to that.
No, ulterior motives is very unlikely. The possibility that makes the most sense to me is that perhaps she has been negatively influenced by the culture here. We dated for a year and we've been married for just over a year, and we've been here for 7 months.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:39 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
No, ulterior motives is very unlikely. The possibility that makes the most sense to me is that perhaps she has been negatively influenced by the culture here. We dated for a year and we've been married for just over a year, and we've been here for 7 months.
Because American women are insufferable nags?

Old 01-09-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Because this is a very typical relationship problem. It shouldn't be a surprise to you at 40, if you've had experience with trying to live with anyone.

It is your first relationship, isn't it?
No. I've dated many women, and men.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:40 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
No. I've dated many women, and men.
RELATIONSHIPS or dating?

If youve actually sustained long-term relationships, you should be experienced in managing communication problems. Assuming you care about and love your wife, you SHOULD be motivated to get to the bottom of this rather than pounding your chest and threatening divorce.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:41 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
You're the reason she is nagging you.

Behind every nagging women is a man not doing what he's supposed to do.
I love you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-09-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Because American women are insufferable nags?
Not all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships