Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 03:58 PM

52 posts, read 47,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Well nagging is about things...being irritable can be general. She isn't happy...guessing her emotional needs aren't being met. But maybe she isn't happy with decision about your guys marriage and life. Maybe she is miserable. Ask her to go to couples therapy.
Well she's making life difficult for herself. She complains about things that no reasonable person should complain about, and she doesn't open up and communicate whatever her problem is like a mature person. I doubt therapy will help her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2016, 04:01 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerdhamme View Post
I'm 40, she's 23.
Gawd! I missed this.

She doesn't want to be married to you. Get divorced and move on. And GET A GOOD LAWYER!

Well, at least we know it's not menopause....

Old 01-09-2016, 04:01 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
I usually put the plates in the sink unless it's full, in which case I'll put it next to it.
Did you ever think about WASHING the dishes that are filling up the sink, or do you just wait for the nag to do it?

Old 01-09-2016, 04:02 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
There was nothing this morning but last night she complained about me leaving a plate outside of the sink instead of putting it inside the sink. And earlier she became very tetchy with me for absolutely no apparent reason, and that lasted for about an hour.
So she complained about the plate again and again? Did you move it? I'm trying to get to the "insufferable nag" part. It sounded like this was a constant, major problem in your marriage.

On the upside, if you divorce her, she still has her whole life in front of her and can take some time to grow up a bit. I married in my early 20s too and still had some maturing to do. You might have just married an immature woman. My husband is my age, so we got to grow together. You sound a little more inflexible and set in your ways, and being yoked to someone you don't regard as an equal can't help much. I hope you two can get to the bottom of things.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Did you ever think about WASHING the dishes that are filling up the sink, or do you just wait for the nag to do it?
On average I do about 80% of the washing up. When it's piled up it's because she lets it pile up.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Well she's making life difficult for herself. She complains about things that no reasonable person should complain about, and she doesn't open up and communicate whatever her problem is like a mature person. I doubt therapy will help her.
That's because she's not a mature person, OP. She's 23. Her brain still is developing. People don't fully mature (with some exceptions) until their late 20's.

I'd ask "what were you thinking?!", but I think we all know what you were thinking. Now you know why it's not recommended for there to be an age gap of a generation or so between partners.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
So she complained about the plate again and again? Did you move it? I'm trying to get to the "insufferable nag" part. It sounded like this was a constant, major problem in your marriage.

On the upside, if you divorce her, she still has her whole life in front of her and can take some time to grow up a bit. I married in my early 20s too and still had some maturing to do. You might have just married an immature woman. My husband is my age, so we got to grow together. You sound a little more inflexible and set in your ways, and being yoked to someone you don't regard as an equal can't help much. I hope you two can get to the bottom of things.
Actually it's mostly me who is flexible and willing to compromise. She's extremely rigid. The insufferable part is in the fact that almost every day she finds something to nag about. And I'm not talking about major or important things. i'm talking ridiculously petty things. She has become very irritable.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I see. This is getting even more ridiculous.
Don't you love the OP's that leave THE crucial detail out until 10 pages later? lol

Old 01-09-2016, 04:07 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Actually it's mostly me who is flexible and willing to compromise. She's extremely rigid. The insufferable part is in the fact that almost every day she finds something to nag about. And I'm not talking about major or important things. i'm talking ridiculously petty things. She has become very irritable.
Then it's decision time.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's because she's not a mature person, OP. She's 23. Her brain still is developing. People don't fully mature (with some exceptions) until their late 20's.

I'd ask "what were you thinking?!", but I think we all know what you were thinking. Now you know why it's not recommended for there to be an age gap of a generation or so between partners.
The funny thing is, when I met her she was very mature and responsible. In fact so much so that it impressed me very much as she was considerably more mature than most women I've been with. So the age gap isn't an issue. But now that we're in the US she has changed. I don't know why, I don't know exactly what it is but her personality seems to have changed somewhat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships