Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2016, 04:26 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerdhamme View Post
She already had dual citizenship when I met her, and she's been here many times. Maybe living here full time has affected her. After all, it's a different culture with very different values.
But you just said that she's been here many times before, even has dual citizenship. So therefore, she knew exactly what she was getting herself into. She knew it's a different culture with different values.

So, let's see, if it's not culture shock, what else could it be? Hmm.....

But it doesn't matter what the problem could be. It doesn't matter if she's unhappy with life in the US or if she married you only to rip you off. What matters is that she won't talk to you about it, so unless you can drag her into couples' counseling (and if she married you to rip you off, she'll never confess, making counseling pointless), your marriage is over. Just bite the bullet and get out, so you can start over. She seems capable of fending for herself, she'll be fine. The sooner you can extricate yourself from this situation and move on, the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2016, 04:28 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Then what's it about? I'm not sure why you're assuming that she'll go after my assets. Besides her income is only slightly less than mine. She's more or less middle class. She's been here many time even before I met her and her english is fluent. She is familiar with western culture but it's only now that she's actually living here. That's why I said that perhaps it's the culture over here that has somehow changed her. Either way she ought to be more mature about it instead of taking it out on me, being passive aggressive or expecting me to play guessing games.
I'm not one of the ones who has assumed this. But maybe she assumed your income would be much MORE than hers?

Who knows, OP? We can guess all night long.

The problem is between you and your 23-year-old foreign-born wife. There is plenty here to keep a marriage counselor busy for a couple of months.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:29 PM

52 posts, read 47,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I'm not one of the ones who has assumed this. But maybe she assumed your income would be much MORE than hers?

Who knows, OP? We can guess all night long.

The problem is between you and your 23-year-old foreign-born wife. There is plenty here to keep a marriage counselor busy for a couple of months.
Why is her age or her being foreign even an issue? This could happen with a woman from anywhere.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:31 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
You might think I'm naive, but seriously, it's not worth going through life having such a low opinion of women that they would all be dying to fleece a man at the first opportunity. I just don't think like that. I know there are some golddiggers out there but I'd say most women are not.
OP, it's not about whether she'd fleece you or not. My advice to get a good lawyer was about doing the equivalent of taking out insurance in case she might try to fleece you. It's just a smart thing to do, because you never know about people; surprises can happen in the divorce process.

But it's silly to argue about this. If you don't want to get a good lawyer, then don't. This is a digression from the issue at hand.

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
You're the reason she is nagging you.

Behind every nagging women is a man not doing what he's supposed to do.
Bull**** some women nag just to nag. Saying it's a man's fault is not always right.

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Why is her age or her being foreign even an issue? This could happen with a woman from anywhere.
Would you care if it were just "any woman from anywhere"??? Are you here to post about nagging in general, or YOUR specific problem?

Is this your first relationship?

Old 01-09-2016, 04:32 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
So, what is it that you are hoping to gain from this?

Old 01-09-2016, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, it's not about whether she'd fleece you or not. My advice to get a good lawyer was about doing the equivalent of taking out insurance in case she might try to fleece you. It's just a smart thing to do, because you never know about people; surprises can happen in the divorce process.

But it's silly to argue about this. If you don't want to get a good lawyer, then don't. This is a digression from the issue at hand.
You brought it up, not me. But getting back to the topic, my problem with her is that instead of handling whatever is bothering her like an adult, she's being childish, which I find baffling considering how mature I know she can be. That in itself bothers me just as much as the pettiness itself.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Would you care if it were just "any woman from anywhere"??? Are you here to post about nagging in general, or YOUR specific problem?

Is this your first relationship?
No I wouldn't care. Why do you ask if this is my first relationship? How is that relevant?

Old 01-09-2016, 04:35 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
I'm 40, she's 23.
That's a problem when I'm 40 I wouldn't want a woman that age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships