Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 04:32 PM

43 posts, read 39,917 times

Advertisements

I'm genuinely curious. I'm not trying to be mean to anyone, but it seems like whenever you hear about a 28 year old virgin who's never been in a relationship who sits in their parents' basement watching anime all day, it is a man. Do girls like this exist?? It seems like even the less desirable ones have relationships regularly. Where as there is an abundance of men who just don't get women. What do you guys think??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 04:44 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patheticpeter View Post
I'm genuinely curious. I'm not trying to be mean to anyone, but it seems like whenever you hear about a 28 year old virgin who's never been in a relationship who sits in their parents' basement watching anime all day, it is a man. Do girls like this exist?? It seems like even the less desirable ones have relationships regularly. Where as there is an abundance of men who just don't get women. What do you guys think??
The bolded I completely agree with and there's not a truer sentence on CD

However I can't see what relevance that has to your post?

I don't know any women like that but I assume a woman chooses to be that way and not down to a lack of options

Old 01-26-2016, 04:53 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Oh absolutely!

I think, the only reason a woman (or man) wants to be 'forever alone' is because of their own choosing.

Old 01-26-2016, 04:57 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Yes.

It would be kind of odd to think otherwise.

Old 01-26-2016, 05:04 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times
Sure. It's not gender specific. You probably just here more about guys online because it's more embarrassing for a man to be in that position. And their buddies would tease them about it.

Many women have a bigger social network than many men. There was a thread here stating that most women handle being single better than men because they have female friends they can get their emotional needs met by. Talk to about their problems, insecurities, etc. Whereas guys speaking to their guy friends would be more awkward. So if not a girlfriend, or female friends, then a guy's place to vent will be on online forums where they remain anonymous.

So you may see more guys complaining online than women. But it doesn't mean plenty of women aren't in the same boat. It's just more embarrassing and stigmatized for guys.

But of course forever alone females exist. Where do you think the "Old Cat Lady" saying comes from?

Last edited by HappyRain; 01-26-2016 at 05:16 PM..

Old 01-26-2016, 05:12 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,138,187 times
My mom always tells the story about my aunt who is her older sister. She never got married or had kids bc she was shy and kinda weird and it never happened for her Now she lives in Wyoming and she doesn't talk to nobody and she eats TV dinners and my mom doesnt even consider her her sister anymore bc she calls and only ever wants to talk about her cats.

My mom always tells me that I might end up like her "you'll end up eating TV dinners every night like your aunt" but tbh us girls in the family havenr been lucky in love even the ones that have gotten married do yes sometimes it doesn't happen for females

Old 01-26-2016, 05:41 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Cat lady.

Old 01-26-2016, 06:04 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,790,682 times
of course they exist, my GF's friend is 40 and I believe the last time she had a date was in her 20s, she is fairly cute and very educated too..not sure what her deal is.. says there are no good men around

My ex GF had a lot of single friends, many of them were Christians all in their mid 30s, no boyfriends and they had not had physical relationships since the last ice age.

Old 01-26-2016, 06:07 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Cat lady.
Yup. Knew a librarian cat lady in her late 30s who was very single. Seemed she was burned pretty badly and turned to cats and talking s*** about patrons for comfort.

Old 01-26-2016, 06:17 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,707,226 times
Quote:
Of course there are....most are a bit quieter about it though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships