Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 12:31 PM

454 posts, read 311,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
I don't know anything about Roosh, really, or what specifically he advocates. However, I do believe that he should be able to advocate for whatever he wants.

Personally, I believe that promiscuity is natural and normal for men (though I don't engage in the practice because I don't like having casual sex). I believe that men and women are different and that respectable women should not engage in that kind of behavior.
Wow. Who dragged this guy out of the stone ages?

Old 02-08-2016, 12:38 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
They have sex with promiscuous women. However, a man can change his behavior throughout his life and settle down with his Madonna. A wh*re cannot herself become a Madonna (unless she lies about it, but, of course, she would not truly ever be able to become this).
Wait, I thought those promiscuous women were a "harm to society"?

Does that mean the men having sex with them are also harming society and therefore should also be shamed?

Seems you're arguing/woman-hating yourself into a corner there, sparky.

Old 02-08-2016, 12:39 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Quote:
They have sex with promiscuous women. However, a man can change his behavior throughout his life and settle down with his Madonna. A wh*re cannot herself become a Madonna (unless she lies about it, but, of course, she would not truly ever be able to become this).
What is the fundamental difference between a promiscuous man giving up his promiscuous ways and a ***** becoming a Madonna? Virginity? The promiscuous man does not have that either.

You say emphatically that sluts have no place in successful, respectable society and are determined to discourage them. You wish to encourage others to do the same. Yet you readily admit male promiscuity is natural and that sluts are necessary to have it. You've also told us many times of the flings you've had with women. The one I quoted just the other day seems to fit your description. I'm surprised that you don't consider her to be a ****, given the ease with which you and several others had sex with her and even treated her carelessly.

Old 02-08-2016, 12:43 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
It doesn't matter whether he cares or listens.... I think it is important for societies to voice their disapproval.... to call them out... to voice that it is unacceptable.

Bad things happen when societies sit idle by and let things happen. At the very least, discussions, debate, and even protesting over the topics is a healthy thing.
They don't care what society thinks these guys have nothing to lose in life and will follow their ideals regardless of who doesn't like it. Only way to stop them is lock them up in jail.

Old 02-08-2016, 12:46 PM

854 posts, read 586,317 times
Quote:
I'm actually from NYC. Not a redneck. And that quote is a personal attack that is being taken out of context.

Although, of course, you are an angry feminist so your opinion doesn't matter much. I bet you're fat as well, right? Possibly a lesbian?

Rednecks can live in NYC too. You would be a case in point. And nope, not fat. And unlike yourself, I have a wonderful significant other of the opposite sex and will not die alone.

Old 02-08-2016, 12:52 PM

854 posts, read 586,317 times
For the record, it seems that Roosh V has admitted to having nonconsensual sex on more than one occasion:
Rapey, Pit-stained Pick-Up Artist Roosh V. Emerges From His Mother’s Basement - The Frisky

Which would make him an ACTUAL rapist.

Old 02-08-2016, 12:57 PM

I ignored the brouhaha about Roosh on Facebook because I think he is just drumming up traffic to his websites in order to line his own pockets. He's no different from Howard Stern or any other shock jock: their jobs are to be as outrageous as possible, because outrage sells. I haven't visited his website recently to copy links showing that he's been advocating for the decriminalization of rape for a while now. It just gained some notoriety because of the supposed meetups. I think the meetups were probably a hoax. There was one at the Irvine Spectrum or Fashion Island ... oh please. As if. There is no right to peaceful assembly on someone else's property. The notoriously heavy-handed Irvine Police would have marched those guys off the property before they could exhale.

Old 02-08-2016, 01:01 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,108,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
They don't care what society thinks these guys have nothing to lose in life and will follow their ideals regardless of who doesn't like it. Only way to stop them is lock them up in jail.
As much as I'd like to, I would be hesitant to take it to the extend of jail time if no laws were broken. As much as we hate hearing this type of rhetoric, it is still protected free speech. Society voicing against such rhetoric and protesting against it is also protected as well.

I am one to voice opinions that can at times seem counter to what society wants to hear.... personally I enjoy being able to voice my opinions without fear of jail time.

Old 02-08-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
As much as I'd like to, I would be hesitant to take it to the extend of jail time if no laws were broken. As much as we hate hearing this type of rhetoric, it is still protected free speech. Society voicing against such rhetoric and protesting against it is also protected as well.

I am one to voice opinions that can at times seem counter to what society wants to hear.... personally I enjoy being able to voice my opinions without fear of jail time.
I agree.

Old 02-08-2016, 01:08 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Sad when a man can't attract a woman. Very sad.
Not necessarily...

But it is sad when a man wants to "legalize rape" and other extremely disgusting stuff.

If a man can't attract a woman and yet finds some kind of non-destructive way to live his life, then more power to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships