Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 11:50 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,194,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
A woman having consensual sex with men harms no one.

A man raping women harms women.

Do you really not know the difference between rape and consensual sex? Rape is a violent crime. Having consensual sex is not.

That you are questioning this is actually pretty pathetic.
Really freaking scary.

Old 02-08-2016, 11:52 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Really freaking scary.
I know. And that sort of rationalization and justification kind of explains how rape happens in the first place.

So now we know.

Old 02-08-2016, 12:01 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
So you support rape shaming, but not slutshaming? 0p0
It's absolutely as stupid a term in this context as any other.

Old 02-08-2016, 12:02 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,400,247 times
Akonoyo is an all-around classy guy.

Klu Klux Klan Growing in Strength

Old 02-08-2016, 12:03 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
Yep.

Old 02-08-2016, 12:06 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,079,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
I wonder how many young men who wanted love went to him and had their hearts blackened and minds twisted by his "religion of hate." And it's all based on lies it seems. It's what I've been saying all along. These men who peddle this crap, in the end, hurt the men they say they are trying to help. Men like this joker profit off other's misery and keep their victims in that misery so they can keep pimping them for money (and adoration). They try to portray women as the enemy when the truth is, they are a bigger enemy to their "brethren."
I think that for some of the followers, they would never be good at getting women. They are way too introverted, but instead of trying to aim for an introverted woman, they see themselves with the social butterfly type women. Unfortunately, there is a decent enough slice of these social women, many who are drinkers, that lived a much more sexual experienced life than many of these guys. Guys will minimal experience are turned off by these types of women, yet at the same time, some of these guys want to party with this type of woman.

Then there is another type of guy, usually divorced. Another forum I'm on actually lead me to this Roosh guy's website. It was posted and championed by a few recently divorced men, likely in their late 40s or 50s. These men are hurting, and this is a website full of people who would likely be more conservative, more on the nerd/geeky side of the spectrum. Of the photos I've seen, many of the guys are likely not in shape and physical fitness of many of the members is likely non-existent. The ones who told their stories said that after 15+ years of marriage, wife shocks them with the desire to leave. I get their anger. They thought they had found "the one." They were raised in an era where you provided and were a "good" man, you were rewarded with a spouse who felt the same. Today though, pop culture tells everyone to live it up. Get drunk, have fun, etc.. From others I know who are older and single, sex is readily available as are dates. Maybe these older men and women won't fully commit for life, but it sounds like if you live in a large enough metro area, or are willing to drive, and possibly lower your standards in terms of looks, you can pretty much have the same single, promiscuous lifestyle that some college students have. I don't know why these wives left these guys. Maybe they got out of shape, boring, who knows. All I know is that these guys write as if they were betrayed, and websites like ROK post articles which validate what these guys are feeling. Some of it is valid, but I can't help but think of what many of these websites (and not just the guy websites) are doing to the future of men and women and how they will interact.

Old 02-08-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
It's absolutely as stupid a term in this context as any other.
Yup..."rape shaming," seriously?

That's right up there with the ugly and inappropriate trend toward homicide shaming, baby-abuse shaming and drunk driving past a schoolyard shaming. How DARE people attempt to inflict shame just because of their narrow beliefs!

Oh sigh.

Old 02-08-2016, 12:10 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,057,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
A woman having consensual sex with men harms no one.

A man raping women harms women.

Do you really not know the difference between rape and consensual sex? Rape is a violent crime. Having consensual sex is not.

That you are questioning this is actually pretty pathetic.
Promiscuous women harm society as a whole, as does rape. Rape is more traumatic to the individual that experiences rape (men are raped as well).

My point was that you either shame all or none. I believe that both rapists and promiscuous women should be shamed.

Old 02-08-2016, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Promiscuous women harm society as a whole, as does rape. Rape is more traumatic to the individual that experiences rape (men are raped as well).

My point was that you either shame all or none. I believe that both rapists and promiscuous women should be shamed.
Nope again.

You can keep trying though, I guess...?

Old 02-08-2016, 12:16 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Quote:

I noticed how you are quick to include men as rape victims, despite their not being part of Roosh's advocacy that rape on private property should be decriminalized, yet do not include promiscuous men in your wish to slutshame. You do realize whom the sluts are having sex with, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships