Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 07:55 AM

1,155 posts, read 2,143,497 times

Advertisements

Hello all! So the other night I went out with some people from work and they brought along a girl from the office that I never met. Very pretty, seemed interested in talking with me, and we spent the end part of the night chatting it up. She grabbed my phone and put her full name and number in it and said we should keep in contact.

I walked her to her train and we shared a hug before I left. I texted her before I got on my train to not be a stranger. She sent back a text that showed she was listening to me that night and basically she wouldn't be.

That was Friday night. I wanted to test the waters so I texted her Sunday if she was watching the Super Bowl at around 8. No response since that time.

Sooooo, should I text again? I don't want to seem creepy. I also don't know if she was just being friendly. Or maybe even was drunk and regrets giving me her number. I feel like she is out of my league. She is 8 years younger than me, very fit (I am not), and I have a child. If she isn't interested, no big deal. But I'm just totally daft when it comes to figuring out if girls are interested and how to proceed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2016, 08:23 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,771,470 times
OP:

Wait a couple of more days then text her again.

If she does not respond, then move on.

Last edited by snugglegirl05; 02-08-2016 at 08:58 AM..

Old 02-08-2016, 08:32 AM

Should I reference the previous text? Or just go with a super vague, "hey"

Old 02-08-2016, 08:56 AM

212 posts, read 162,439 times
Do not go with a vague "hey". You can text just wanted to touch base and see how you are doing. That will be more receptive. Good luck

Old 02-08-2016, 08:58 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skilldeadly View Post
Hello all! So the other night I went out with some people from work and they brought along a girl from the office that I never met. Very pretty, seemed interested in talking with me, and we spent the end part of the night chatting it up. She grabbed my phone and put her full name and number in it and said we should keep in contact.

I walked her to her train and we shared a hug before I left. I texted her before I got on my train to not be a stranger. She sent back a text that showed she was listening to me that night and basically she wouldn't be.

That was Friday night. I wanted to test the waters so I texted her Sunday if she was watching the Super Bowl at around 8. No response since that time.

Sooooo, should I text again? I don't want to seem creepy. I also don't know if she was just being friendly. Or maybe even was drunk and regrets giving me her number. I feel like she is out of my league. She is 8 years younger than me, very fit (I am not), and I have a child. If she isn't interested, no big deal. But I'm just totally daft when it comes to figuring out if girls are interested and how to proceed.
Texting is for the socially incompetent. Seriously. And you likely turned her off by initiating the conversation with the equivalent of a "Whassup?" If you want to know where you stand, here's a novel idea: Pick up the phone and call her. In about fifteen seconds, you'll learn more from the nuance in her voice that you'll find out in umpteen dozen text messages back and forth.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:00 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,771,470 times
Quote:
Should I reference the previous text? Or just go with a super vague, "hey"
OP:

If you sent me that text, I would respond the exact same way.

This is if I was still single and not involved in any type of relationship.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:10 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,984 times
Quote:

That´s a kind of "loser" attitude...not your type? out of your league? Ive seen beauty queens going out with Jabba the Hutt type of guys, and it´s not just only the money. There is the missconception about the "league" but that´s for another forum.

You are beating yourself down and that´s a reflection on your chats.

Ask her out damn it...call her instead of text and make an invitation...a simple one, going out for coffee after work or something like that. That way you test the waters, but you have to lose that negativity.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:37 AM

Well that attitude comes from a certain place. I'm working on fixing certain parts of myself that have gone astray.

As for the texting, its been my main form of contact for most of my relationships. I have also never really "dated" per se. I meet girls at work or school or one time online. So there isn't so much an actual date as just chatting online or by text or due to working together. I guess I'm not well versed in what it takes to date lol.

I also was in a relationship for 6 years, got out and started dating someone from work. So I'm a little rusty in regards to how it works.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:42 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Quote:
Well that attitude comes from a certain place. I'm working on fixing certain parts of myself that have gone astray.

As for the texting, its been my main form of contact for most of my relationships. I have also never really "dated" per se. I meet girls at work or school or one time online. So there isn't so much an actual date as just chatting online or by text or due to working together. I guess I'm not well versed in what it takes to date lol.

I also was in a relationship for 6 years, got out and started dating someone from work. So I'm a little rusty in regards to how it works.
Well, you're older now. That means you need to behave that way. Uncertainty is the biggest turnoff there can possibly be.

If you're worried about what to say, just call her up and say, "Hey. Texting is weird an awkward. It was great meeting you the other night at the party and thought we could meet up for lunch or coffee. What say you?"

But say it with some confidence in yourself, not as if you were approaching the throne of a beautiful, yet fearsome fertility goddess who will smite you if you don't phrase things perfectly.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:00 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,155,400 times
OP, do you and this woman work at the same office?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships