Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 08:52 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,200,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy2013 View Post
Thank you. I'm doing that at the moment. Taking up new hobbies and reading more books. Going to travel for more than a month in April too
Don't forget the beauty shop! And clean out that closet. Get new clothes. Makeup is very important too. Then you can go read (not cooped up at home...a library is a good place for that).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 03:43 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,031,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
Don't forget the beauty shop! And clean out that closet. Get new clothes. Makeup is very important too. Then you can go read (not cooped up at home...a library is a good place for that).
Wait is that the problem? I never do anything with my hair and it's going gray now. I almost never where makeup. I was always pretty without it. And I am lazy and like to sleep in. Makeup and hair is the difference between having to get up at 4:30 am or getting to sleep in until 5:30. Sleep wins. Plus the money spent on that crap is the like buying toilet paper and cat litter. Money throw away

Old 02-26-2016, 04:01 AM

103 posts, read 93,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Wait is that the problem? I never do anything with my hair and it's going gray now. I almost never where makeup. I was always pretty without it. And I am lazy and like to sleep in. Makeup and hair is the difference between having to get up at 4:30 am or getting to sleep in until 5:30. Sleep wins. Plus the money spent on that crap is the like buying toilet paper and cat litter. Money throw away
I like makeup but I wear very little. It usually only takes me 5-10 minutes to do my makeup and about 2 minutes to take it off. It's not a big job if you don't wear a wall paint

Old 02-26-2016, 04:02 AM

103 posts, read 93,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
Trust me I've been doing that all along I never forget my channel lipsticks and new dresses.

Old 02-26-2016, 04:17 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
I never had good experience with men. I dated guys who were dating their ex behind my back. I dated guys who were married and hid it from me. I dated guys who were abusive. I dated guys who i thought were the most loyal and moral but turned out to be a two timer. And I didn't jump from one relationship to the next. I always left myself for at least 6 months to a year before I dated again. I always reflected on my experience. Yet it always went terribly. I got hit on by older married men. I got harrassed by older male co-worker. What is it about me that tells men I don't deserve love??
e.
The wisdom I have to offer you is that when everyone else seems to be the problem, you're generally the problem.

In this case, your picker is off. You pick rotten guys.

As far as your happiness...something can make you happy without being a *requirement* in your happiness.

Get it?

A nice scotch makes me happy, but if I never drank scotch again, I would still be a happy person.

Old 02-26-2016, 05:46 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post

Get it?

A nice scotch makes me happy, but if I never drank scotch again, I would still be a happy person.
A perfect analogy ^^ for what some of us have been trying to explain.

OP, if you start needing that "scotch" to feel happy, then YOU are the problem.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:15 AM

182 posts, read 118,687 times
Quote:
Nah they are all crap. Some more than others. Just have to find one that you can deal with.
That's absolutely BS.

There are lots of good guys out there.

Don't let some of the women here who have made painfully bad choices, sometimes REPEATEDLY, tell you otherwise.

Gender bash much?

Old 02-26-2016, 06:24 AM

182 posts, read 118,687 times
OP had a terrible male role model as a father, and, as happens all too often, is finding similar men.

Old 02-26-2016, 08:19 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times
Quote:
Went tonight. Probably the 5 or 6 the therapist on 20 years that can't find anything wrong with me. Really this is the last try. It is what it is.
I think you are lying about going to therapy. Anyone who reads a half dozen or more of your posts knows there is all kinds of stuff wrong with your life.

Old 02-26-2016, 08:29 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,366,623 times
Quote:
I never had good experience with men. I dated guys who were dating their ex behind my back. I dated guys who were married and hid it from me. I dated guys who were abusive. I dated guys who i thought were the most loyal and moral but turned out to be a two timer. And I didn't jump from one relationship to the next. I always left myself for at least 6 months to a year before I dated again. I always reflected on my experience. Yet it always went terribly. I got hit on by older married men. I got harrassed by older male co-worker. What is it about me that tells men I don't deserve love??

I love my dad as a daughter. I dislike him as his wife's daughter. I would go so far as to say I wish my mum was with someone better. They are happy now (I think) but he never took care of my mum in any way. Never bought her birthday presents, no anniversaries, no alone time with her, not a single trip with her alone, expected her to do all the housework and barely helped. He cheated on her once with a prostitute. He's such a great dad but a complete a-hole as a husband.

I believe in love, believe that there's someone out there who is just right for me. I just got out of a relationship and working hard to improve myself and am happy to be single. After all my experience I think I still believe I can find love. But i don't want to let men dictate my happiness.

But how could they not dictate my happiness if i truly loved them? need some wisdom here.
There is some myth that gay people are somehow genetically fixed as such, but I have never found that to be the case. I wound up doing prostitution for a short stint, by the end of it, I had effectively convinced myself to be into guys.

What doesn't work is forcing people to change.

But you are free to decide who you are into. If you have had a bad experience with men, definitely see if you're not bi or lesbian. Bottom line? You dictate your happiness, not a man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships