Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 09:05 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,039,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if alcohol is part of your problem in addition to your boundary issues. Speaking of boundary issues, for most women, the conversation would have ended at him being on parole. The fact that you see no issue with this shows how much you contribute to the issue of having messed up guys in your life.
Well I think I have been working on the same 30 pack of beer since January. The only time I Went to the liquor store in february was to buy a bottle of whiskey for my boyfriend, as a gift for Valentine's Day.
I will order a drink in a restaurant, if we are at one with alcohol.

If that's too much consumption for someone, than they have issues and we are not a match
anyway.

And I never said he was on parole. He was on probation. He never served time from what I gathered from his conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 09:06 AM

971 posts, read 689,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Yup, which is why I have out the ball in his court. It's not that my dog and kids won't go to his house, it's that he has dogs that will fight my dog and no room for my kids. Everyone in our lives think the solution is for his kids and him to come to me, but since he is not willing to do that, than my crew can go to him.

I live in a five bedroom house, so every kid has their own room. Space is not an issue at my house.
This guy knows you are desperate to have a man and is using you. It is a shame you haven't figured that out yet. You are wasting your time. Very sad.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
This guy knows you are desperate to have a man and is using you. It is a shame you haven't figured that out yet. You are wasting your time. Very sad.
I am not desperate. I could dump boyfriend today and let the ex begging to come "home" back in my life. I just want the right someone and not a body living with me.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:15 AM

11,800 posts, read 12,043,246 times
Quote:
Well I think I have been working on the same 30 pack of beer since January. The only time I Went to the liquor store in february was to buy a bottle of whiskey for my boyfriend, as a gift for Valentine's Day.
I will order a drink in a restaurant, if we are at one with alcohol.

If that's too much consumption for someone, than they have issues and we are not a match
anyway.

And I never said he was on parole. He was on probation. He never served time from what I gathered from his conversation.
The point is, you shouldn't know these personal details from a person who came to your home to quote a job. Your lack of boundaries is amazing.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
The point is, you shouldn't know these personal details from a person who came to your home to quote a job. Your lack of boundaries is amazing.
I can be quietly sitting on a park bench, have a stranger sit down and I will know way too much about them in a very short period of time. Happens all the time. What do you just stand up and walk away?

Old 03-02-2016, 09:20 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,911,132 times
Quote:
OK probation. Pretty much the same thing. Most women would've been pushing him out the door when they found that out. Once again, you don't seem to have an issue with this. Once again, this is you are screening somebody in when you should be screening them out.

It's not bad luck it's bad decision-making.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:28 AM

Here's an example. Had to do a court ordered parenting class. "How to coparent". I sat all by myself in the far corner of the room, where I can see 180 around me.

Guy walks in and sat right next to me. We were sharing a pack of skittles within 5 minutes. I now know he was a cop, which is why we both chose to sit where we did, and married to a woman I went to school with. But that's how comfortable people are around me.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
OK probation. Pretty much the same thing. Most women would've been pushing him out the door when they found that out. Once again, you don't seem to have an issue with this. Once again, this is you are screening somebody in when you should be screening them out.

It's not bad luck it's bad decision-making.
I was not looking to keep him...lol. It started as an interesting conversation of what we each have experienced dating locally.

I could have told you he was not for me, when he got out of his yuppy diesel Volkswagen. Dressed to the nines in a very metro attire. Me wearing steel toe boots, jeans with a camo hoodie.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:37 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:

So maybe I am a giant contradiction. Maybe I am looking at all the wrong guys. I know I don't want projects, they need to be stable and have their life together.

You said there were no other guys.

Just to repeat, there is nothing wrong with the guys you've chosen, it's something wrong with you.

Glad you're using an estimator instead of a counselor.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-02-2016, 09:41 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,238,153 times
Quote:
Yeah well that is NOT how I roll.
Look at it from his perspective. Friendly, good-looking female customer offers him a beer on the job... first thing that runs through his head is "Oh man, she so wants to **** me!" But eventually it dawns on him that it's not going to happen, so he let's you down gently with flattery.

I really don't want to join in with the semi-daily "Kick LowonLuck while she's down" gamut, but I just find it baffling that a woman with that much experience with men (not necessarily sexually, but just in general) could be so lacking in self-awareness and how you are probably coming across.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships