Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 06:37 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times

Advertisements

I've heard 11 a.m. is perfect. No worry on the part of guests about black tie and from what I understand, wedding lunch menus are a significant savings over dinner menus. Plus, you get the natural lighting for the photos.

Best of luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 06:40 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times
It varies. Some get married young, and stay married and compatible.

Others marry young, and then as they finish growing and exploring, they become different people, and now it's no longer the same, and they are not properly matched.

It just depends. My friend and her boyfriend want to get married. But she's stated they are waiting until they finish school and get their careers going before they take that step.

I do think it's best to get married once you have everything together. Then planning a wedding, and dealing with the financial aspect will be a bit easier since you're already at a secure place in life. Gives a nice foundation to start from. Rather than getting married just out of HS, with limited money, and your lives aren't together yet.

Old 03-15-2016, 06:47 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,043,746 times
You should be 34.4 years old and have been together a minimum of 8.75 years before getting married. I'm not married myself but the above statistics will apply to me at the time I do get officially married so it must be right for everyone.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:33 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
There is no formula, it all depends on the people involved.

My late husband and I got married when I was about 33. We had already been together for 8 years, I didn't really care about marriage until it had a financial impact.

My current husband and I have been married for 3.5 years (about 46 years old) and dated for about 2 before that.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-15-2016, 07:43 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikumiku View Post
When is the right time to get married? Should you get married young like teens 16-18 or older in your early to mid or late 20s, or past then in your 30s or 40s or does it not even matter? Should you get married when your life is put together, i.e. have a college degree, job, car, own place like a house or apartment etc. OR should you be married in a certain amount of time, like I've heard if you've been in a relationship thats lasted more than 1 year, then you should get married, or the guy should already have purposed to you. What do you think? How many of you are married? When did you get married? Are you happy in your marriage, are you happy you got married in the first place? Thoughts and comments below!
WAY over-thinking, OP! Don't worry about the "shoulds". Just live your life, look for a good partner, and take it from there. But yes, generally, it's helpful to have a job and a degree, though not absolutely necessary. You don't need to own your own place, but it helps to be self-supporting and responsible.

Old 03-15-2016, 08:49 PM

If you're asking "when should you get married?"...... you shouldn't be getting married.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:56 PM

166 posts, read 135,363 times
I want to get married someday its always been a dream of mine and when I will have sexual intercourse.

Old 03-15-2016, 10:58 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
There is no right answer, except not before 18.

Old 03-16-2016, 12:27 AM

212 posts, read 164,375 times
I am convinced from my own personal experience, I would say 30 - 35, I think I'm seeing that trend lately. I have no data or numbers, but just by going on the last few weddings I attended! I was 26 my first go round, and feel like I threw away my entire '20's, no kidding! You're in love, and you think it will be forever, but I know that I settled. When I turned 32, I wanted out, I met my current wife, and I felt like I was 32 going on 18! I had to get out all that frustration and hurt, my soon-to-be-fiancée was more than obliging! I finally knew what it felt like to be wanted and desired by a woman, something I had never felt before! It wasn't that my ex didn't find me attractive, funny, charming, smart, etc. She had her own insecurities, and just didn't know WHAT to do with me, sad tale, but a happy ending, I suppose...

Old 03-16-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikumiku View Post
I want to get married someday its always been a dream of mine and when I will have sexual intercourse.
I don't think the ability to have intercourse should be a factor in deciding whether or not to get married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships