Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2016, 08:33 AM

6,455 posts, read 9,822,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I look at the main picture, then I read profiles word for word. If I think they may fit then Ingo back and look for any additional photos.

I have men that attach themselves to me. 9 months seems like eternity. In my younger days I didn't go 9 minutes being single without 3 guys standing there.

You say things like that and wonder why people think you sleep around? Even if you don't, it doesn't make you sound good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 11:06 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
That really isn't online dating, though. Because there are many factors that play into one's success or lack thereof. Like your area, demographic, target demographic, etc. One individual can have a great experience while living in D.C., but if a job took them to the Midwest or South they could face significant challenges. Is that a problem with online dating? One can't blame online dating for something it has little control over.

If someone is child-free and they live in an area that encourages "traditional" family units, it isn't online dating's fault their search for compatible matches runs cold. Online dating was a success for me. Not just because it's how I met my husband, but it's how I met several past partners, and every man I've met or dated. But I happened to live in areas where there was no shortage of my type. If I happened to live in the Midwest, conservative area, rural area of the South...
FWIW, I live in the Midwest and always had luck with OLD, despite differing in several significant ways from the typical cultural demographic. Part of the beauty of online dating is that it can help you to sufficiently filter out people who don't fit your particular bill in a really pretty efficient manner, and just as efficiently seek out ones who do.

While there may have been fewer of "my type" kicking around, OLD was valuable in that it allowed me to quickly and efficiently locate them, versus just hoping I stumbled into them by chance.

My husband and I lived only a couple of miles apart. But hat it not been for us both having online dating profiles, we might never have met.

Old 03-23-2016, 12:09 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,748,463 times
Quote:
Nope sounds like someone that is about tired of playing the games and just wants to find the person that completes her family.
I can't even begin to unpackage this.

Old 03-23-2016, 12:15 PM

112 posts, read 133,616 times
Women have it easy when it comes to dating. I honestly don't know why they even complain. You could be ugly, overweight, or disfigured but never underestimate how thirsty some guys can get.

Old 03-23-2016, 12:33 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierPacheco View Post
Women have it easy when it comes to dating. I honestly don't know why they even complain. You could be ugly, overweight, or disfigured but never underestimate how thirsty some guys can get.
Apparently, it comes easily for the men dating them also.

Old 03-23-2016, 12:36 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Right? It' s not the women are dating other women. We are dating guys.....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-23-2016, 12:37 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,039,379 times
Quote:
But the thirsty ones tend to be the ones I don't want. I want the ones that I want to be thirsty

Old 03-23-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Not really, men have to compensate. If you're ugly, fat, etc you better hope you're funny or have a lot of money.

Quote:
But the thirsty ones tend to be the ones I don't want. I want the ones that I want to be thirsty
I know but men have it worse. How often are girls throwing themselves at guys that are ugly, overweight, etc ? those guys have to put in work to get any p girls on the other hand just have to wait.

Old 03-23-2016, 04:14 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,195,242 times
Quote:
I know but men have it worse. How often are girls throwing themselves at guys that are ugly, overweight, etc ? those guys have to put in work to get any p girls on the other hand just have to wait.
That doesn't benefit anyone. The women getting hit on by men they don't want have it just as bad. Because they're still going home and sleeping alone that night because guys they want don't look their way. And with some of the bad guys women attract, there's also having t put up with a lot of crap.

Such as, guys who can't take "no" for an answer and continue to hit on, or hound you when you told them you weren't interested.

Guys online seem to think this. But anyone who has real-world experience knows some women struggle with dating and sex, as much as some men. It's individual. because some men aren't that hot, but still manage to sleep with women they want, and find dating fun. And then some men struggle and get bitter. Same for women. Some can just go somewhere and instantly have decent and attractive men hitting on them. Some women go out, and many men don't give her a second look, only ones that do are desperate bums, or creepers. then you have older women who are still virgins because they never get the interest of guys they like.

It's not a gender specific issue. Some have great experience with dating. And some just suck with it. And as some stated, plenty of average women struggle with dating but some guys here don't notice because they're looking at the above average women who have attractive men all over them, and think that's universal.

Last edited by HappyRain; 03-23-2016 at 04:27 PM..

Old 03-23-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
That doesn't benefit anyone. The women getting hit on by men they don't want have it just as bad. Because they're still going home and sleeping alone that night because guys they want don't look their way. And with some of the bad guys women attract, there's also having t put up with a lot of crap.

Such as, guys who can't take "no" for an answer and continue to hit on, or hound you when you told them you weren't interested.

Guys online seem to think this. But anyone who has real-world experience knows some women struggle with dating and sex, as much as some men. It's individual. because some men aren't that hot, but still manage to sleep with women they want, and find dating fun. And then some men struggle and get bitter. Same for women. Some can just go somewhere and instantly have decent and attractive men hitting on them. Some women go out, and many men don't give her a second look, only ones that do are desperate bums, or creepers. then you have older women who are still virgins because they never get the interest of guys they like.

It's not a gender specific issue. Some have great experience with dating. And some just suck with it. And as some stated, plenty of average women struggle with dating but some guys here don't notice because they're looking at the above average women who have attractive men all over them, and think that's universal.
My point is that women have it easy. How often are ugly, fat, boring guys getting told they're handsome, funny, etc by women ? I've never seen it. Count your blessings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships